Author Topic: Tindarormkimcha's thread  (Read 85136 times)

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
Re: Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 12:21:47 PM »
What everything, I mean a big space rocket took off several times, do you dispute that a Saturn V was launched?

No, I never wrote that! See, now you are editing what I wrote.
I think it did, yes. So what?

It's a good starting point giving that you invoke the 'everything' argument

Maybe, maybe not.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »
Interesting.  I was asked some time ago to comment on Dr. Kaku's debunking of Moon landing hoax theories -- a strange activity for someone to do whom it is now claimed agrees with that viewpoint.  The commentary I presented sadly had to take Dr. Kaku to task for getting a fair amount of the engineering detail wrong.  But to claim he's a hoax believer is pretty audaciously stupid.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2015, 12:23:04 PM »
Interesting.  I was asked some time ago to comment on Dr. Kaku's debunking of Moon landing hoax theories -- a strange activity for someone to do whom it is now claimed agrees with that viewpoint.  The commentary I presented sadly had to take Dr. Kaku to task for getting a fair amount of the engineering detail wrong.  But to claim he's a hoax believer is pretty audaciously stupid.

So, you haven't seen or listened to the video then eh?

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 12:23:13 PM »
As I said:

It is very diffuclt to let some one in a cult think otherwise. It is called...programming.

You've invoked one of the random internet quotes with a picture of some famous guy now. Guys, we need to add this to the bingo card, it's a new one.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2015, 12:24:14 PM »
You've invoked one of the random internet quotes with a picture of some famous guy now. Guys, we need to add this to the bingo card, it's a new one.

I don't care. I care about what he said being true.

I know you just don't like that.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2015, 12:25:58 PM »

So, you haven't seen or listened to the video then eh?

Neither have you, by the sounds of it. Let me help you
Hoax believer rings in to radio show saying that space suits can't work. Claims that there is nothing written about them. Offers no evidence, calculations or shows any competence in the field, only opinion.
Kaku hands him a pile of common misconceptions and then explains that he has personally viewed moonrocks microscopically.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2015, 12:27:55 PM »

A good effort from Dr Kaku, and I've looked at my monitor oddly at some of his statements. It's a perfect example of why having a PhD does not mean one has reached erudition in other fields. Despite Tindarormkimcha's criticism of the forum, we defer to those with requisite knowledge and will hold our hand up when we are wrong. I have yet to see a CT behave in this manner.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2015, 12:30:36 PM »

What is truth, and in what context? You have yet to present an argument other than various links and a Mark Twain quote. Do you have anything to say about Bob's VAB dose calculations? Why are Bob's figures wrong? I posted the link.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:26:59 PM by Luke Pemberton »

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2015, 12:35:19 PM »
No, I never wrote that! See, now you are editing what I wrote.

No I did not edit what you wrote. You claim everything was against us, yet we have evidence that a big space rocket took off. Since you have said everything was against us, I'm trying to establish a starting point to address your claim. It's called asking a question, not editing what you wrote. I think the phrase you are really looking for  is putting words into your mouth. Since your claims are so broad I'm trying to find some words we can agree upon. Everything is quite a broad claim in the context of human knowledge and endeavor.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2015, 12:44:08 PM »
People here probably also believe that evolutio is true, black holes exist, relativity theory is right, quantum nechanics is correct, that there was a Biggie Bangie.

It's much less to do with belief, much, much more to do with understanding the supporting evidence. In addition, looking at and discounting alternatives that don't stack up to what is observed. To do this requires education. Something that you evidently have not had much exposure to.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2015, 12:45:48 PM »

I know you just don't like that.

You might want to care whether he ever said it or not. It would say something about your research skills.

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2015, 12:46:17 PM »
No I did not edit what you wrote. You claim everything was against us, yet we have evidence that a big space rocket took off.

you are doing it again! I never claimed that a big space rocket id not took off, I wrote that.
How many times do I have to repeat this?

I have a name for people who really believe we have sent men to the moon: luna-tics

lol

what stupid it all is!!!! It is in your face that we didn't sent people.

It really , really is a religion, a cult.

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2015, 12:47:24 PM »

You might want to care whether he ever said it or not. It would say something about your research skills.

sure, now we have an Ad Hominem on our hands. where do they find these people?

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2015, 12:50:21 PM »

No, you don't.

Did Mark Twain say what you think he said. Find me the book it's in.

Or did you just copy some crap from the internet without bothering to check it was true or not?

Given your posting history so far I think I know the answer...

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2015, 12:52:50 PM »

No, you don't.

Did Mark Twain say what you think he said. Find me the book it's in.

Or did you just copy some crap from the internet without bothering to check it was true or not?

Given your posting history so far I think I know the answer...

So, you really didn't get the point then, mate?!

Figures.