Off Topic > Other Conspiracy Theories

Chuck E. Cheese Pizza Conspiracy

<< < (2/3) > >>

Echnaton:

--- Quote from: ka9q on February 17, 2019, 03:35:30 PM ---A lot of pizzarias sell pizza by the slice. To save time, instead of making a new complete pizza from scratch, maybe this one was assembled from several pies missing previously sold pieces.

--- End quote ---

That would certainly fit with the taste of the last pizza I had at Chuck E. Cheese. The stuff was so horrible I would only take my children there when other families were hosting b-day parties.  We would never let them have a party there. Sticky carpets and terrible food.

Although they are franchise stores and I wouldn't put anything past a desperate failing owner.  I also wonder if the chain has a record of excessive health code violations. 

Peter B:

--- Quote from: Echnaton on February 17, 2019, 08:34:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: ka9q on February 17, 2019, 03:35:30 PM ---A lot of pizzarias sell pizza by the slice. To save time, instead of making a new complete pizza from scratch, maybe this one was assembled from several pies missing previously sold pieces.

--- End quote ---

That would certainly fit with the taste of the last pizza I had at Chuck E. Cheese. The stuff was so horrible I would only take my children there when other families were hosting b-day parties.  We would never let them have a party there. Sticky carpets and terrible food.

Although they are franchise stores and I wouldn't put anything past a desperate failing owner.  I also wonder if the chain has a record of excessive health code violations.

--- End quote ---

Interesting thread - pizza conspiracy theories!

When we want pizza we go to the local (independent) takeaway joint. I don't know whether you have these sorts of places in the USA (or even in the UK), but you can get pizza, or hamburger/chickenburger, or fish and chips. And we go there because their pizzas taste better than the franchise ones.

We have a couple of franchise chains for pizza places (Pizza Hut and Domino's are the two main ones) in Oz, but they're strictly takeaway - no eat-in anymore. But despite their concentration on pizzas, everyone in our family prefers the pizzas from the local takeaway.

And the thing is, there's something approaching a genuine conspiracy with the Domino's franchises which puts the one in the OP to shame - there's evidence of rampant underpayment of staff by franchisees, who themselves are bleeding money back to Domino's through all the exorbitant fees levied by the company. This was uncovered by some impressive journalism, shown in this article: https://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2017/the-dominos-effect/

As for the local takeaway, if they have an uncollected pizza one night, it'll be sitting with all the other hot food the next morning, for sale by the slice.

gillianren:
Oh, if we actually want pizza, there are several good pizza places in town.  I hadn't been to Chuck E. Cheese since I stopped being interested, back in the late '80s, until Simon started getting invited to birthday parties there.

Echnaton:
The only reason to go to CC is to placate the kids. It is not like you can relax while they are running around spilling coke everywhere and trying to eat pizza they dropped on the floor.  (So maybe my memory exaggerates how terrible the place was and how other people's children behaved there, but not by much.)

twik:
As a non-parent, and therefore only exposed to it on a very irregular basis - I hang my head and whisper the terrible admission "I kind of liked it!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version