Off Topic > Other Conspiracy Theories

Why have they never returned to the moon?

(1/4) > >>

Inanimate Carbon Rod:

Apparently, the answer of lack of political will and funding aren't really the correct answer.

The correct answer is, as we all know:

I fear for the future of humanity, I really do.

Kiwi:

--- Quote from: Inanimate Carbon Rod on October 11, 2012, 07:40:08 PM ---I fear for the future of humanity, I really do.
--- End quote ---

Oh Gawd, what a load of nonsense!  Me too.  I sat through the whole 0:10:34 of emotive drivel and felt sorry for any poor sods who might believe it.

For a start, the writer seems to believe that UFO means alien spacecraft and really pushes that idea. Since I started watching the sky when Halley's comet was last here in 1986 I have seen a few UFOs, but they all eventually became IFOs and none of them were alien spacecraft.

I'd love to see the actual Nasa report mentioned, and maybe we could find it.

It doesn't surprise me that oddball things have been "seen on the moon" when in fact they could be closer to earth or even in our atmosphere.  This "UFO" might look to some people as if it's orbiting the moon: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap090206.html

Also, the moon could be partly in shadow and a piece of sunlit space rock transits it, close to earth, so it looks as if there's a "luminous orb" just above the moon.  Iron meteors crashing onto the moon also might produce light shows from sparks or sunlit dust, and if so, meteor showers could produce many light shows.

It's no secret that the Apollo 11 crew tried, without success, to view some transient lunar phenomena (TLPs) above Aristarchus, but they weren't looking for UFOs or alien spacecraft.

To indicate the "reliability" of the programme, at 0:03:30 we are told:
"One of the UFO hotspots on the lunar surface is the Plato crater, where literally dozens of luminous orbs have been reported by astronomers."

And to illustrate Plato, they take a full-moon view of the Tyco area and put a ring around a dark spot I can't identify, but may be near the crater Lexell A, about 37 degrees south and 1 degree west. 
Screenshot.

The trouble is, Plato is a much bigger walled plain 101 km diameter with a dark floor, and can be easily seen in binoculars. It is at 51.6 degrees north and 9.3 degrees west, even further north than Lexell A is south.

Oh, my!  One near the top of the moon's disc and the other near the bottom, as viewed from earth.

Later on, they tell us about mysterious tracks in the lunar dust, and show us Rima Hyginus, a 220 km long shallow valley, partially formed by a chain of craters, with a larger crater near its centre, called Hyginus, which is 10.6 km wide and 770 meters deep.

Alien tractor tracks, indeed. :D

Count Zero:
Ow, my brain!

Echnaton:
I was just about to play the clip and the stereo hooked up to my computer started clicking. It was the same sound it makes when turning on.  Probably a failed capacitor.  It is now completely silent, won't even play the radio.  Guess I'm off the Best Buy this weekend so I'll have a stereo that is under warranty before I try again.

ka9q:
I think Apollo deniers and UFO believers (especially those who claim we got all our higher technology from UFO aliens) have something in common: an unwillingness to believe in the resourcefulness of the human species. They see technologies and accomplishments they can't begin to understand, for whatever reason, and rather than concede that other humans are a lot more talented, educated and motivated than they are, they simply deny that whatever it is could have been done by humans. Either it wasn't done at all (e.g., Apollo was faked) or, for technology they can't deny, we got it all from aliens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version