Author Topic: Colour TV Transmission Question  (Read 10777 times)

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: Colour TV Transmission Question
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 01:10:34 PM »
Yep that is exactly what it was intended for. It could have worked in the 320 line mode as well, but was predominantly for backup in case the color hassleblads failed.
Heh, I just love some of the surprisingly low-tech solutions that Apollo had. It's really too bad that the slow scan tapes were lost, as they really show  significantly better detail and contrast, but the kinescope did its job.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 04:11:58 PM »
This is the document regarding the adapter - just like you say, very low tech but very effective.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4960558/A11_color_test.pdf

The top color picture is from the adapter method and the bottom is a regular 35mm reference color photo.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:16:34 PM by dwight »
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »
This is the document regarding the adapter - just like you say, very low tech but very effective.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4960558/A11_color_test.pdf

The top color picture is from the adapter method and the bottom is a regular 35mm reference color photo.
Not bad given the circumstances, and if the choice was that or nothing . . .

Offline DataCable

• Earth
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 01:32:49 PM »
Sure, not bad for stills.  It's when things move that stuff starts getting weird.
Bearer of the highly coveted "I Found Venus In 9 Apollo Photos" sweatsocks.

"you data is still open for interpretation, after all a NASA employee might of wipe a booger or dropped a hair on it" - showtime

DataCable2015 A+

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 02:10:52 PM »
Sure, not bad for stills.  It's when things move that stuff starts getting weird.
True that, though fast enough movement could also do weird to the sequential colour camera that was used as well.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 12:36:28 PM »
And there, raven, is the very reason why I started researching "Live TV From the Moon" and "Live TV From Orbit": I could not get my head around how they got color from the lunar surface, and why the images looked confetti-like during fast motion.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 11:58:38 PM »
And there, raven, is the very reason why I started researching "Live TV From the Moon" and "Live TV From Orbit": I could not get my head around how they got color from the lunar surface, and why the images looked confetti-like during fast motion.
As I said to a conspiracy theorist (Kartraceone) who complained that I had an answer to everything, "That's because there is an answer!"

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »
Yes, every question has an answer. The problem with the CT's is that the answers aren't what, as Steve Shives said, in their "f***ing warped, dark, paranoid, broken psyche" think they are.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »
Imagine, if you will, the day a CT/HB listens to your explanation and calmly says, "Hey, you know that is an entirely plausible explanation which makes alot more sense than anything I've read from a consiparcy believer to date!"

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 06:48:30 AM »
Perhaps I am just cynical, but I imagine world peace will come first.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
And with that note, an LP from 1959 called "How to Speak Hip" by Del Close and John Brent is worth picking up. Hilarious if you can dig it without becomming a juice-head, man!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Speak_Hip

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 03:33:01 PM »
Buying a record to learn to speak hip is just so square.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett