Author Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 861570 times)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #1590 on: September 21, 2013, 02:49:59 PM »
I note there are 106 pages discussing my popular Challenge and nobody has managed to win. I wonder why.

Well I could rehash the same old stuff about you not having the money, not understanding the science, and setting yourself up as the arbiter who decides whether you've been proven wrong and therefore shifting the goalposts every single time you are, but I think it is best summed up by your comment on the Cosmoquest forum where you basically said anyone who said you were wrong was an idiot best ignored.

I'd like to think you might have actually taken some time to learn a few things about the subject in your absence, but I doubt it.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #1591 on: September 21, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »
I note there are 106 pages discussing my popular Challenge and nobody has managed to win. I wonder why.

Because your "challenge" is the conspiritard's equivalent of a Nigerian internet scam... looks too good to be true because it is!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline DataCable

• Earth
« Reply #1592 on: September 21, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »
I note Heiwa hasn't explained how steel can float on water, either.  I wonder why.
Bearer of the highly coveted "I Found Venus In 9 Apollo Photos" sweatsocks.

"you data is still open for interpretation, after all a NASA employee might of wipe a booger or dropped a hair on it" - showtime

DataCable2015 A+

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #1593 on: September 21, 2013, 05:25:54 PM »
Welcome back, Heiwa. Please answer the above.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #1594 on: September 22, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »
I note Heiwa hasn't explained how steel can float on water, either.  I wonder why.
I wonder if he's worked out why the Launch Escape System was fitted to the Saturn V rocket? Or how the CSM and LM were steered during the Lunar Orbit Insertion burn?
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #1595 on: September 22, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »

Because you won't let anyone win.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Heiwa

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #1596 on: September 22, 2013, 04:22:24 PM »
Several people have given you the calculations you asked for, you have completely ignored that.

My Challenge rules are at http://heiwaco.tripod.com/chall.htm . Apart from calculations (?) you have to show with a real structure (any scale/size) + video of it how a small top part C of a structure can crush down, by dropping it on bottom part A of same structure that keeps part C up statically. C = 1/10A.
Thus - show first how bottom part A keeps top part C on top in place (it is simple).
Then remove top part C from bottom part A - elevate C 3.6 meters and drop it on A.
If C then crushes A you win €1 000 000:-.
That's the Challenge.
Actually my calculations at http://heiwaco.tripod.com/tower.htm or http://heiwaco.tripod.com/emi2013.htm show that it is not possible.
Show me wrong and collect € 1 000 000:- .

Offline Heiwa

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #1597 on: September 22, 2013, 04:24:48 PM »
Welcome back, Heiwa. Please answer the above.
Thanks - I actually respond to all serious emails sent to me at [email protected] . Try yourself!

Offline Heiwa

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #1598 on: September 22, 2013, 04:27:16 PM »

I'd like to think you might have actually taken some time to learn a few things about the subject in your absence, but I doubt it.
You are right. Because you are wrong.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #1599 on: September 22, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »
Actually, I won, but refused the prize on humanitarian grounds. What with me being a great guy and all.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1600 on: September 22, 2013, 05:09:45 PM »
I don't suppose Heiwa would care to put the question before an impartial group of aerospace engineers and let them judge?

. . . No, I thought not.  That's because all the aerospace engineers in the world agree that Apollo happened as described by NASA, so of course they're in on a conspiracy!
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #1601 on: September 22, 2013, 05:52:36 PM »
One isn't! Or so he says.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Heiwa

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #1602 on: September 23, 2013, 04:40:23 AM »
I don't suppose Heiwa would care to put the question before an impartial group of aerospace engineers and let them judge?

. . . No, I thought not.  That's because all the aerospace engineers in the world agree that Apollo happened as described by NASA, so of course they're in on a conspiracy!

Plenty aerospace engineers and NASA experts have been encouraged by me to win my €1M Challenge by just copy/paste the 1960's energy/force/fuel/mass calculations how to get in and out of Moon orbit down to Moon and back to Earth with the Apollo space ship but it seems NASA lost those calculations.

Of course, in those days you had to punch holes in cards that you then fed into the computer's card reader and then you had to wait a day before the computer printed out 1 000's of pages of results of all sorts.  If one card was wrong all output would be wrong.

Imagine the Apollo asstronuts punching cards in space feeding the computer how to navigate 1969 in order not to crash on the Moon or speed off to Mars or into the Sun. It seems they also used a sextant to plot the position of the Sun to double check the data. GPS didn't exist then.

But it should be easy to do the calculations and make a simulation on a modern PC today and just to send me a copy of the voyage data ... and collect €1M.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #1603 on: September 23, 2013, 07:43:15 AM »
Several people did just that - they provided the calculations openly, both here and on other forums (and I believe you won a Stundie in the process of demonstrating your wilful ignorance).  You ignored them, just as you will no doubt ignore this.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #1604 on: September 23, 2013, 07:52:15 AM »
Plenty aerospace engineers and NASA experts have been encouraged by me to win my €1M Challenge by just copy/paste the 1960's energy/force/fuel/mass calculations how to get in and out of Moon orbit down to Moon and back to Earth with the Apollo space ship but it seems NASA lost those calculations.

No, they are published, but you insist they are incorrect and therefore refuse to acknowledge that your own understanding is the fault. This thread is filled with calculations and examples, and you ignored every single one.

Imagine the Apollo asstronuts punching cards in space feeding the computer how to navigate 1969 in order not to crash on the Moon or speed off to Mars or into the Sun.

That would indeed be absurd, but since that was never how the Apollo computer on the spacecraft worked it is somewhat beside the point.

It seems they also used a sextant to plot the position of the Sun to double check the data.

And is there some reason they shouldn't be using a navigational system that had been in constant and successful use for centuries?

But it should be easy to do the calculations and make a simulation on a modern PC today and just to send me a copy of the voyage data ... and collect €1M.

It's been done. You just refuse to pay out. We've been over this over and over again.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:55:38 AM by Jason Thompson »
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain