Poll

Did NASA Land On The Moon, But Faked Some Pictures?

Did NASA Land On The Moon, But Faked Some Pictures?
0 (0%)
Did NASA Land On The Moon & Faked No Pictures?
37 (97.4%)
Did NASA Never Land On The Moon At All?
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: April 19, 2013, 10:15:48 AM

Author Topic: Did NASA Land On The Moon, But Faked Some Pictures?  (Read 89437 times)

Offline apollo_deception

• Venus
Re: Did NASA Land On The Moon, But Faked Some Pictures?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2013, 11:53:09 AM »
I suspect that this poll is a trap. Most will choose the "faked no pictures" option, and at some point the OP will show some altered NASA PR pic, thus proving that pro-Apollo people are sheeple who believe everything they are told by the government.

no trap, im just a curious, intellectual person who is trying to get to the bottom of this anomaly we call "Apollo"

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 11:54:21 AM »
Your posting style and thus far demonstrated level of understanding does not fit well with your claim to be 'intellectual'...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:10:46 PM by Jason Thompson »
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »
...i don't think anyone in this forum knows for sure exactly what happened...

Don't speak for me.

all i know is a lot of stuff doesn't add up

Is that belief informed?  Or do you simply not know personally how things were done.

that we all can agree on, correct?

I don't agree at all.  I'm an engineer with 20+ years of experience in aerospace design and operations, including work on real spacecraft.  I have studied the Apollo missions extensively and am considered an expert on the subject.  If you tell me they are fake, I require you to prove it.  Can you do that?
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Valis

• Venus
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
they just recently found a 3rd belt of radiation that exists
So, wouldn't the late discovery give you some clue about the radiation intensity in that belt?
i dont see how aluminum can shield radiation?
That's obvious. Would you believe that a sheet of paper can shield you from radiation?

Offline apollo_deception

• Venus
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 11:56:56 AM »

Incorrect. What doesn't add up for you is not necessarily a problem for anyone else. You have already demonstrated a very poor understanding of radiation, so why should we believe you know much about any of the technical fields relating to Apollo? But there are plenty of people who DO understand it, many of them here on this board, and they don't find anything anomalous.

The problem is not that stuff doesn't add up, it's that you don't understand how it adds up.

ok for one i dont appreciate you insulting me im not an idiot i am just asking questions
so please be polite and try having a civil discussion without throwing snarky comments out there like that thank you!

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
actually no amount of money will get you through the deadly Van Allen Belts...

Not according to the man who discovered them.  Dr. Van Allen specifically repudiated the hoax theories on that basis.

show me one person who has went through it besides apollo?

Gemini missions.  Why does it have to be a manned mission?  We operate unmanned spacecraft routinely within the Van Allen belts for lengthy missions of several years.  They are just as susceptible to radiation, and unlike a human organism they cannot heal themselves.

If the Van Allen belts are so deadly, why are the hoax theorists unable to come up with a single qualified scientist or engineer who endorses the idea of hoaxed missions?  Why do they all unanimously believe the Apollo missions were real?

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2013, 11:57:41 AM »
with the virtually endless budget NASA had it is possible for them to fake it
i mean come on, its the government for christs sake lol

Ah, the old contradictory belief system of a conspiracy theorist.

"The government can do anything... except go to the Moon!"
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2013, 11:58:15 AM »
ok for one i dont appreciate you insulting me im not an idiot i am just asking questions
so please be polite and try having a civil discussion without throwing snarky comments out there like that thank you!

You're calling people in my profession liars.  I don't think you have any room for discomfort.  You can either prove your accusation with facts, or you cannot.  So far it's evident you cannot.  So stop with the faux indignance and support your claims.

Offline apollo_deception

• Venus
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2013, 11:59:04 AM »
...i don't think anyone in this forum knows for sure exactly what happened...

Don't speak for me.

Is that belief informed?  Or do you simply not know personally how things were done.

I don't agree at all.  I'm an engineer with 20+ years of experience in aerospace design and operations, including work on real spacecraft.  I have studied the Apollo missions extensively and am considered an expert on the subject.  If you tell me they are fake, I require you to prove it.  Can you do that?

thats just it, nobody can prove the landings were real. unless you went there and looked at the stuff with your own eyes

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2013, 12:00:59 PM »
if i had 150 billion to spend on a project lord knows id put it to good use designing the best space craft, not some aluminum lined tin can apollo was

Okay, I'll bite.  As I said, I'm a professional aerospace engineer.  This is what I do for a living.  I consider the Apollo spacecraft to be masterpieces of the field.  You seem to think otherwise.

So please tell us what, in your eminently learned opinion, a "best space craft" should have looked like and how it should have functioned.  And spare no detail; this is what I do for a living and I will be rigorously quizzing your answer.

Put up or shut up.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2013, 12:01:08 PM »

I did not call you an idiot. However, you have demostrated a lack of understanding. If you don't like being told that then that's really your problem.

Pointing out where your understanding fails is not snarky, it is factual. You don't understand how aluminium can shield radiation. Well fine, but that is a problem with your understanding, not with any claim that aluminium can shield radiation. I know it can because I have seen it do so. In school. I have sene paper shield against radiation.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:12:12 PM by Jason Thompson »
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline apollo_deception

• Venus
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »

You're calling people in my profession liars.  I don't think you have any room for discomfort.  You can either prove your accusation with facts, or you cannot.  So far it's evident you cannot.  So stop with the faux indignance and support your claims.

im not out to prove anything. i just want to have a normal conversation with "normal" people.....geesh lol

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2013, 12:01:57 PM »
thats just it, nobody can prove the landings were real. unless you went there and looked at the stuff with your own eyes

Nonsense.  Do you doubt every historical event you didn't personally witness?

I'm challenging your intellect.  Show it to us.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »

Fortunately, proving they are real is not our burden of proof. If you claim they are faked then it is your burden to prove they were faked, because that, if true, can be done.

Offline apollo_deception

• Venus
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2013, 12:02:34 PM »
if i had 150 billion to spend on a project lord knows id put it to good use designing the best space craft, not some aluminum lined tin can apollo was
so aluminum foil was the best the u.s. governement can do with billions of dollars at their disposal?

Okay, I'll bite.  As I said, I'm a professional aerospace engineer.  This is what I do for a living.  I consider the Apollo spacecraft to be masterpieces of the field.  You seem to think otherwise.

So please tell us what, in your eminently learned opinion, a "best space craft" should have looked like and how it should have functioned.  And spare no detail; this is what I do for a living and I will be rigorously quizzing your answer.

Put up or shut up.