Author Topic: HBs, CTs, Deniers, Alien Apologists...  (Read 64624 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: HBs, CTs, Deniers, Alien Apologists...
« Reply #210 on: September 28, 2015, 02:53:07 PM »
All images Photo shopped, Just ask the Blunder
That one gets weird. I had this conversation with a carpenter who fitted out my built-in bedroom units way back in...Well years ago.

In all other respects, he was a sane likeable chap and good at his job. No issue there.

But the conversation (paraphrased, because this was a real live crank)

Him: "all of the Apollo pictures were photoshopped"

Me: "There was no photoshop in the 60s'"

Him: "There was a secret photoshop NASA didn't reveal"

Me: "What did they run it on? There were no PCs or Macs?"

Him: "They had secret computers that they never revealed"

Me: "Wait, wasn't your last claim that such computers didn't exist at the time? Now you say they did?"

Him: "That's what they want you to think."

To this day I cannot figure out how anyone can simultaneously claim that NASA has and doesn't have the technology all at once.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #211 on: September 28, 2015, 03:03:13 PM »
All images Photo shopped, Just ask the Blunder
That one gets weird. I had this conversation with a carpenter who fitted out my built-in bedroom units way back in...Well years ago.

In all other respects, he was a sane likeable chap and good at his job. No issue there.

But the conversation (paraphrased, because this was a real live crank)

Me: "What did they run it on? There were no PCs or Macs?"

Me: "Wait, wasn't your last claim that such computers didn't exist at the time? Now you say they did?"

Him: "That's what they want you to think."

To this day I cannot figure out how anyone can simultaneously claim that NASA has and doesn't have the technology all at once.
Makes perfect sense to me claim anything that will "prove" their claim at least to the one babbling.  Just shrug your shoulders and go on being correct, pointing out the deficiencies in the argument, even though that won't get you very far in persuading him otherwise
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #212 on: September 28, 2015, 04:15:18 PM »
It's useful on public forum, where others can see it, to display their ideas for the ridicule they justly deserve.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2015, 04:17:52 PM »
It's useful on public forum, where others can see it, to display their ideas for the ridicule they justly deserve.
True but MANY don't see the debunking's, or believe them.  The old saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink comes to mind.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #214 on: September 28, 2015, 04:20:34 PM »
It's really very simple. NASA can do anything. Anything. Except go to the moon.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #215 on: September 28, 2015, 04:25:04 PM »
True but MANY don't see the debunking's, or believe them.  The old saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink comes to mind.
True, but lies fester in the dark. We can provide the water at least, and hope the more amiable horses take a slurp or two.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2015, 09:50:19 PM »

Argument One

Rebuttal: Well, if NASA had  "Secret Photoshop", then why did they not just photoshop in the correct shadows, stars in the sky, remove the fiducials, and fix up all the other photographic anomalies that allegedly gave the game away?

Argument Two

Me: "What did they run it (Photoshop) on? There were no PCs or Macs?"

Rebuttal: In the one hand, you are arguing that the computing power available to take a spacecraft to the moon, didn't exist in the 1960s, and on the other hand, you are arguing that computers capable of the kind of number crunching required to deal with the complex algorithms required for image processing, did exist.

Are you aware that it is possible to navigate to the moon using a sextant and a slide-rule? Do you even know what a slide rule is?

It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of invention and excuses created from whole cloth that HB's will go to in order to keep their worldview intact.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:54:29 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2015, 10:19:36 PM »

Are you aware that it is possible to navigate to the moon using a sextant and a slide-rule? Do you even know what a slide rule is?

It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of invention and excuses created from whole cloth that HB's will go to in order to keep their worldview intact.
[/quote]

Man I still have my Post Versalog!
Eugene Cernan

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #218 on: September 28, 2015, 11:48:54 PM »

Sure:  It's an indispensable tool for space pirates.  Link
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2015, 12:15:47 AM »
Aww, beat me too it. Notice it is the pirates of Ersatz, tho...

Which I just noticed is free to read online!