Author Topic: The Little Things - Cartoons about parenting  (Read 4064 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
The Little Things - Cartoons about parenting
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:37:54 AM »
Anyone who has dealt with children should enjoy these.
http://www.littlethings.co.nz/

The comments on the home page are worth a read, and here's the direct link to sample cartoons:
http://www.littlethings.co.nz/sample%20cartoons/

The cartoons are printed in my daily newspaper and I get more out-loud laughs from them than any other cartoon I've seen, especially one that has only one picture.

Didn't even notice for a few months that they are produced by fellow New Zealanders. Many of the drawings are excellent the way they show a considerable variety of expressions with great economy, and it's nice to see dark skins too -- a reflection of reality.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:44:51 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
Re: The Little Things - Cartoons about parenting
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 01:18:54 PM »
Cute.  I particularly liked the cartoon where the parents have no idea where their kids are.  Being an (almost) emptynester is great.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 07:54:42 PM »
LANGUAGE WARNING

This reminds me of a story about a little boy who gets driven to school every morning by his father. One morning, Father gets called into work early, and so the boy's mother has to drive him to school. As they drive down the road, the little boy keeps looking around outside of the car at other cars, as if trying to see something. He gets more and more agitated, and finally....

BOY: Mummy?

MUM: Yes dear?

BOY Where are all the f****ing bastards!??

MUM: Oh, Son, they only come out when Dad drives!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 07:14:54 PM »
Cute.  I particularly liked the cartoon where the parents have no idea where their kids are.  Being an (almost) emptynester is great.
When my son went to his University, I brought him into "his" room and told him, "This isn't your room anymore, it belongs to your mother and I.  You may visit for short periods but you have left the house".  It is a great feeling and we still enjoy those periodic visits, but enjoy the freedom that emptynesters have.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan