Author Topic: Scott Carpenter RIP  (Read 6329 times)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
Re: Scott Carpenter RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »
Yeah. Why did we have to get stuck with that one?

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »

Wot?
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »

Wot?

I think he doesn't like John Glenn?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 06:11:58 AM »
I think he doesn't like John Glenn?

Of course! My bad. Posting far to late at night.
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 11:49:18 AM »
Still seems rather mean spirited, though it is funny (not significant, just funny) that the first in orbit will be the last to finally pass from this Earth.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »
Still seems rather mean spirited, though it is funny (not significant, just funny) that the first in orbit will be the last to finally pass from this Earth.

He is also the oldest, at 92, and the only one to fly in Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and STS

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »

He is also the oldest, at 92, and the only one to fly in Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and STS
When did John Glenn fly on Apollo and Gemini? ???

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »

Sorry, I had that wrong. I knew what I meant.

He was a member of the only astronaut group that flew on all classes of NASA manned orbital spacecraft of the 20th century—Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and STS

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 04:26:46 PM »

He was a part of the only astronaut group that had members who flew on  Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and STS

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »

He was a part of the only astronaut group that had members who flew on  Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and STS
Oh yes, I see. That makes quite a bit more sense, yes. Thank you for clarifying.