Off Topic > Other Conspiracy Theories

Novichok origins

<< < (2/2)

Halcyon Dayz, FCD:

--- Quote from: Jason Thompson on April 06, 2018, 11:57:04 AM --- I probably wouldn't use a nerve agent that effectively has the words 'made in Russia' on it

--- End quote ---
See what you did there?

Thing is they have done that before, the point is not just to assassinate someone but to shout it of the roof.
It's intimidation.

nomuse:
I'm mildly amused to see novichok agents still out there. Back about ten years ago made a prop that displayed the chemical or biological agent it had "detected" out of a random list. "NOVICHOK" was one of the few names that was sort of legible spelled out on a 7-segment (not alphanumeric) VFD.

Zakalwe:

--- Quote from: Halcyon Dayz, FCD on April 06, 2018, 12:42:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jason Thompson on April 06, 2018, 11:57:04 AM --- I probably wouldn't use a nerve agent that effectively has the words 'made in Russia' on it

--- End quote ---
See what you did there?

Thing is they have done that before, the point is not just to assassinate someone but to shout it of the roof.
It's intimidation.

--- End quote ---

^^This^^
It's no different to the polonium poisoning of Litvinenko. It sends out a clear message that simultaneously allows Puting to thumb his nose at the international community and tell his enemies that he can get them anywhere at anytime.

twik:

--- Quote from: Jason Thompson on April 06, 2018, 11:57:04 AM ---And just to throw in something that might sound like conspiracy theory woo but actually confuses the hell out of me, but if I was going to arrange an assassination on foreign soil, I probably wouldn't use a nerve agent that effectively has the words 'made in Russia' on it, as the whole argument seems to be saying has actually happened. I'm not saying they didn't do it that way, but it seems odd to me to use a method that can be apparently so easily traced back to the assassin.

--- End quote ---

There's no point in being able to kill your enemies with impunity anywhere, any time, if your enemies never realize this is what's happening. That's the point of "terrorism." To keep people in line with terror so you don't actually have to go out and kill them *all* off right now. This was intended to say to other people who might be, say, interested in co-operating with the Mueller investigation, "We can kill you in a 'safe' country. And not just you, but your family. So keep the mouth shut, right?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version