Author Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 864346 times)

Offline twik

• Jupiter
Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #1200 on: January 30, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »
Ah. Well, there's no arguing with someone who believes we're living in a Truman Show sort of world, where large chunks of our shared experience are totally fictitious, and every possible piece of contrary evidence can be dismissed with "they're lying" or "it was faked".

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #1201 on: January 30, 2013, 08:41:58 PM »

The link is to a Bart Sibrel interview with Kaysing... Can't watch it right now, so I'm not sure why it's "but".

I think maybe he regards Kaysing as a "rocket engineer".
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
« Reply #1202 on: January 31, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
The latest revision of the article claims that Terrence Wilcutt doesn't exist. No kidding:

If you try to contact Terrence, you will probably not get through. It would appear Terrence W. Wilcutt is part of the NASA hoax ... and does not exist. Imaging having been 1 007 hrs in space and done four Shuttle re-entries, flying backwards from the Mir station (twice) and ISS (once) like Mark Kelly that I describe below. It is not possible.

:o Wait, what? Some lines below:

[snip] And if you get hold of Terrence, pls tell me!

If you think I am crazy, I recommend that you emmigrate to planet Mars with Terrence and make a fortune there.

I am really tempted to try to find out what prompted the new obsession.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #1203 on: January 31, 2013, 08:48:47 AM »
The latest revision of the article claims that Terrence Wilcutt doesn't exist. No kidding:

If you try to contact Terrence, you will probably not get through. It would appear Terrence W. Wilcutt is part of the NASA hoax ... and does not exist. Imaging having been 1 007 hrs in space and done four Shuttle re-entries, flying backwards from the Mir station (twice) and ISS (once) like Mark Kelly that I describe below. It is not possible.

:o Wait, what? Some lines below:

[snip] And if you get hold of Terrence, pls tell me!

If you think I am crazy, I recommend that you emmigrate to planet Mars with Terrence and make a fortune there.

I am really tempted to try to find out what prompted the new obsession.

I'm convinced that he has suffered some sort of mental or emotional trauma in his life. I cannot square that someone that has an engineering degree (its been checked) from a good university can be so ignorant of basic maths and would act in this way.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #1204 on: January 31, 2013, 09:16:17 AM »
I'm convinced that he has suffered some sort of mental or emotional trauma in his life. I cannot square that someone that has an engineering degree (its been checked) from a good university can be so ignorant of basic maths and would act in this way.
Something to do with the sinking of the MS Estonia, perhaps? His area of expertise, his part of the world, and he doesn't accept the findings of the official inquiry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Estonia
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1205 on: January 31, 2013, 12:45:13 PM »
Head trauma can do interesting things to a person, I've read.  Maybe that would explain it.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #1206 on: January 31, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »
Most of the one's I've dealt with in my unpaid job, it just made them dead. 

But I think it's quite a stretch to speculate trauma as the source of Heiwa's utter incompetence and childish ranting.  There are degreed incompetents out there, as well as just plain jerks, and the two set intersect.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1207 on: January 31, 2013, 02:09:11 PM »
Oh, certainly true.  However, the record on minor head trauma is fascinating.  Personality changes are the least of it sometimes.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #1208 on: January 31, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »
Oh, certainly true.  However, the record on minor head trauma is fascinating.  Personality changes are the least of it sometimes.

Yes, it is fascinating.  However, it does worry me that we may be dealing with someone who is quite unwell.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #1209 on: January 31, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »
We really should avoid public speculation about traumatic causes of the bad reasoning for a specific individual.  It is sufficient to point it out. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
« Reply #1210 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »
After a long period of inactivity, Björkman has updated his page again. I really shouldn't be doing this, but...

He is still amazed by the transposition, docking and extraction maneuver. He has added a picture (AS09-20-3064) of the docked LM and CSM with the following caption:
Photo of Service Module and Command Module, CSM, taken by somebody sitting on the Lunar Module, LM, fitted on top of Commande Module after release of LM and flipping CSM 180° and reconnection of LM to CSM!

He still has no idea of how relative velocity and spacecraft maneuvers work in space. Oh, and that "someone" making the picture is Schweickart. The mission is Apollo 9 - it was a test flight, and both the LM and the CSM never went further than low Earth orbit during the mission. One of the test objectives was the docking and re-docking of the CSM with the LM. :)

Björkman also has managed to find someone as ignorant of spaceflight as he is:
Imagine that - manually checking the computer calculations! How to steer an LM with only one big rocket engine is described here! It looks as if it is impossible.

The linked page repeats a common (and long-debunked) claim: that the LM was inherently unstable, because of the LLRV/LLTV crashes, with the Delta Clipper experimental vehicle thrown in. The author appears to rely extensively on Gerhard Wisnewski's book. He also tries to claim that photos of the LLRV/LLTV in flight are faked, alleging inconsistencies between photos. Hello, there are videos of these thing flying! There's also a picture of the LM in lunar orbit, after separation, with the following curious caption: "A Lunar Module floating through the black background, probably on a crane, surely not in "space" because the engine flame is missing." Does this guy really think that spacecraft need to be firing their engines all the time to stay in space? ;D

Back to Björkman. He has discovered retroreflectors, adding a whole new paragraph:
But they allegedly left an experiment on the lunar surface to prove that they had been there, which (2004) continues to work as well as it did the day it got there, 1969. The Apollo 11 lunar laser ranging reflector consists of 100 fused silica half cubes, called corner cubes, mounted in a 46-centimeter (18-inch) square aluminum panel. Each corner cube is 3.8 centimeters (1.5 inches) in diameter. Corner cubes reflect a beam of light directly back toward its point of origin. Anyone can send a laser signal to it on the Moon and the signal will bounce back - ergo - the cosmokrauts were on the Moon. However, in 1969 they forgot to tell anybody about it. Imagine that! A whole or half silica cube with a diameter that bounces light!

No, the retroreflectors were left to measure precisely the distance to the Moon, not to be a "proof". They do work as evidence that someone left them there, though. And their existence was known from the very beginning. Seriously, does he really think that this is some modern invention?

And I have no idea what the last sentence is supposed to mean.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #1211 on: February 12, 2013, 09:40:13 AM »
Dear lord!  :o Even I know that the first returns from the Apollo 11 retro-reflector was on August 1st 1969.
I agree, no idea what that last . . . I don't think that even qualified as an actual sentence, let alone what it actually is supposed to mean. :-\

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #1212 on: February 12, 2013, 10:14:12 AM »
And far from forgetting to tell anyone, photographs of them were published in popular magazines and newspapers a few days after they returned.

Dear God, please keep me away from any boats he's had anything to do with.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #1213 on: February 12, 2013, 10:18:54 AM »
It boggles the mind that he could even wonder why a mirror placed in 1969 would still be reflective. Considering the first sentence, one guess is as good as another as to what Björkman means in the last sentence.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #1214 on: February 12, 2013, 10:21:10 AM »
Dear God, please keep me away from any boats he's had anything to do with.

Fortunately, he seems to be most fascinated with ships that have sunk, so unless your a diver....