Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 636360 times)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
Re: Radiation
« Reply #2025 on: April 14, 2018, 06:05:52 PM »
Everything NASA claims that man accomplished on the moon can be and has been accomplished on unmanned lunar missions.

Who developed the hardware used on these alleged unmanned missions? When and where were they tested? When were they launched? When did they return. Show me a photograph of the hardware.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2026 on: April 14, 2018, 06:06:51 PM »
21.5 hours on the lunar surface
Distance to the moon:  238,900 mi
Length of VAB =37000 miles
Time to the moon: 
Translunar injection engine cutout 1:40:50
Lunar orbit insertion 63:23:27
Elapsed time:  61:43:37
Average rate of travel:  238900 miles/ 61.76666 hours = 3870.92 miles/hour
We know that Apollo 11 entered the TLI at 24200 mph @ 12:22
We know that 2 hrs. and 32 minutes later it had traveled 22000 miles
22000/2.53 hrs. = an average speed of 8695.65 mph.
We know that the VAB is 37000 miles long
22000/37000 = 59.5% of the VAB had been crossed
After 2.53 hours the Apollo 11 was traveling 12,914 feet per second.
12914 ft/sec * 3600sec/hr * 1 mile/5280 ft = 8805 mph
37000-22000 =15000 miles of VAB left to travel @ 8805 mph slowing
15000 miles/8805/miles/hr = 1.7 hrs plus 2.53 hours = 4.23 hours but let’s round it to 4.30 because the Apollo was in constant deceleration throughout the VAB transit.
Now the lowest radiation area in all of the VAB is the blue region which is .0001 rad/sec
.0001 rad/sec * 4.5 hrs * 3600 sec/hr * 10 mgy/rad = 5.22 mgy
5.22 mgy/8days = 0.6525 mgy/day
Now if we assume GCR of .24 mg/day and lunar radiation raises that 35% then 1.35* .24 mg/day = .324 mg/day for 2 days lunar orbit and 1 day on the surface or 3 days.
.324 mg/day * 3 days = .972 mgy
.972 mgy from lunar orbit and lunar landing plus 5.22 mgy from VAB transit plus 5.22 mgy return transit through the VAB = 11.412 mgy
11.412 mgy/8.33 days = 1.369 or as I originally said a full magnitude less than it should be.

https://history.nasa.gov/ap11ann/apollo11_log/log.htm

It really is amusing how you don't understand much beyond basic physics and math.  The spacecraft will be travelling at its fastest during its transit through the VAB's, after its TLI burn, then slowly decelerating until it reached the Earth/Moon Lagrangian point.  You cannot use the average to determine the speed at any specific point, but I hold no hope that you will get this, as you probably still do not understand how averages work.  So, to be crystal clear, from your own reference contained in the above quote:

"12:22 p.m.- Another firing of the third-stage engine, still attached to the command service module, boosts Apollo 11 out of orbit midway in its second trip around the Earth and onto its lunar trajectory at an initial speed of 24,200 miles an hour."

You also omitted the fact that the radiation levels you used for the blue portion(s) of the VABs is for UNSHIELDED people/detectors, and the lower the energies of the electrons (the lowest of which are the ones seen in the blue portions of the illustration), the higher the attenuation rate of the shielding in the Apollo spacecraft (meaning MUCH lower doses to the astronauts).

So, in essence, you provided more numbers, but indicate you don't understand their significance and you have erroneously assumed factors that are completely off-base for accurate calculations.  Therefor, your entire worksheet above is an immaterial labor.

We know that Apollo 11 entered the TLI at 24200 mph @ 12:22
We know that 2 hrs. and 32 minutes later it had traveled 22000 miles
22000/2.53 hrs. = an average speed of 8695.65 mph.
22000/37000 = 59.5% of the VAB had been crossed

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:15:46 PM by timfinch »

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2027 on: April 14, 2018, 06:08:20 PM »
Everything NASA claims that man accomplished on the moon can be and has been accomplished on unmanned lunar missions.

Who developed the hardware used on these alleged unmanned missions? When and where were they tested? When were they launched? When did they return. Show me a photograph of the hardware.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2028 on: April 14, 2018, 06:09:59 PM »

Where do I start?  We know the Russians and the Chinese both have landed rovers on the moon and retrieved samples.  We know the Americans have claimed to do as much.  Did you want something more specific?

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #2029 on: April 14, 2018, 06:13:45 PM »
We know the Russians and the Chinese both have landed rovers on the moon and retrieved samples.

Not 840lbs. of it.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #2030 on: April 14, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »

Where do I start?

You know what? Don't bother. I don't want to sidetrack you from the radiation discussion until that is resolved. Stay on topic.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #2031 on: April 14, 2018, 06:16:52 PM »
We know that Apollo 11 entered the TLI at 24200 mph @ 12:22...

You are aware that the CM had a surface density of 8 g cm-2. Now, what was the variation in flux with energy for the outer electrons in the outer belts again? I don't believe you accounted for the performance of the CM materials against this flux profile in your calculations. Please add that information.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #2032 on: April 14, 2018, 06:19:46 PM »
Is anyone keeping score?  It seems like I am winning.  Am I winning?

Umm... is that you, Mr. Trump? You seem to have a skewed interpretation of what it means to be winning.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2033 on: April 14, 2018, 06:21:42 PM »

You are aware that the CM had a surface density of 8 g cm-2. Now, what was the variation in flux with energy for the outer electrons in the outer belts again? I don't believe you accounted for the performance of the CM materials against this flux profile in your calculations. Please add that information.
Do I need remind all involved that I forego including all but the lowest of radiations of the VAB.  You can look for kernels in that turd if you choose but you have to realize if the lowest radiations produce an exposure rate 6 times as high as the reported dose then anything else is simply adding fuel to a raging fire.  Know when to say "No".

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2034 on: April 14, 2018, 06:22:39 PM »
Is anyone keeping score?  It seems like I am winning.  Am I winning?

Umm... is that you, Mr. Trump? You seem to have a skewed interpretation of what it means to be winning.
I am easily confused but didn't Trump win the presidential race?

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #2035 on: April 14, 2018, 06:26:17 PM »
Do I need remind all involved that I forego including all but the lowest of radiations of the VAB.

You need to understand that the outer belts, where Apollo traversed is mainly electrons. The values you cite are unprotected doses.

Can you please explain how well the 8 g cm-2 will perform against the electrons in the electron flux for different electron energies?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2036 on: April 14, 2018, 06:26:54 PM »

Do I need remind all involved that I forego including all but the lowest of radiations of the VAB.  You can look for kernels in that turd if you choose but you have to realize if the lowest radiations produce an exposure rate 6 times as high as the reported dose then anything else is simply adding fuel to a raging fire.  Know when to say "No".

yes but as MBDK has stated you are comparing apples and sausages again. the 0.0001 figure you state was collected from unshielded technology. the Apollo vehicles were not unshielded

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2037 on: April 14, 2018, 06:27:00 PM »
You guys took a lot out of me today.  I had intended to tackle that CraTer data but I find myself unmotivated and easily distracted.  How about we tackle some other mystery that troubles mankind.  I can bring my Sherlock Holmes like intellect to bear on it and we can solve it like we did the Lunar Hoax.  What have you got?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #2038 on: April 14, 2018, 06:27:43 PM »

Along the geomagentic equator maybe, but as you have been told and shown repeatedly, the Apollo spacecraft did not take that route (indeed it was virtually impossible for it to do so due to the different inclinations ot the orbit and the geomagentic plane) so why do you think using the full thickness of the belt is valid?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2039 on: April 14, 2018, 06:28:47 PM »
Do I need remind all involved that I forego including all but the lowest of radiations of the VAB.

You need to understand that the outer belts, where Apollo traversed is mainly electrons. The values you cite are unprotected doses.

Can you please explain how well the 8 g cm-2 will perform against the electrons in the electron flux for different electron energies?
I'm sorry but is the Outer VAb entirely consisting of electrons?  I din't know that.  Even a genius like me can learn something.  Reference?