Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 636635 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: Radiation
« Reply #2550 on: April 21, 2018, 01:27:13 PM »

I am sure you didn't mean what it appeared you said.  I heard you say that the angle of the plane of the ellipse has nothing to do with the amount of radiation received transiting the VAB. Did I state your position correctly?
Learn how the quote function works.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2551 on: April 21, 2018, 01:30:23 PM »
When viewed from the top (looking down at the poles) in a 2d drawing the VAB would look something like this drawing.  The spatially challenged, for some reason beyond my grasp, insist on displaying the VAB from a side view while displaying the elliptical orbits from a top view.  I'm just saying....

Did you forget that you have been shown a top down path OF THE Apollo?

That may be my problem.  I see that as a side view of the earth and the VAB and you see it as a top view.  Can you please explain why the VAB in that depiction does not circle the earth like a donut?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2552 on: April 21, 2018, 01:32:39 PM »

I am sure you didn't mean what it appeared you said.  I heard you say that the angle of the plane of the ellipse has nothing to do with the amount of radiation received transiting the VAB. Did I state your position correctly?
3D spatial reasoning fail.

Can you stick your finger through a ring donut without touching the edges? Yes, or no?

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #2553 on: April 21, 2018, 01:34:43 PM »
When viewed from the top (looking down at the poles) in a 2d drawing the VAB would look something like this drawing.  The spatially challenged, for some reason beyond my grasp, insist on displaying the VAB from a side view while displaying the elliptical orbits from a top view.  I'm just saying....

That may be my problem.  I see that as a side view of the earth and the VAB and you see it as a top view.  Can you please explain why the VAB in that depiction does not circle the earth like a donut?

It's a side view. Even a stopped clock............

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2554 on: April 21, 2018, 01:40:27 PM »

The angle of the plane of the ellipse to...what? Without a referrant, it's just a geometric plane. By definition, geometric planes don't have angles.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2555 on: April 21, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »

Is the scale in that video log or linear?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2556 on: April 21, 2018, 01:47:07 PM »

Yes, BK simply linked the wrong video. Here is top-down in all it's animated glory...

Tim has been handed it multiple times.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2557 on: April 21, 2018, 01:51:44 PM »

Your lack of 3-D understanding is noted.  But I will admit that this is a side view of both the VARB and the trajectory.  That being said, if one views the top views you would not get the realization of missing the areas of denser radiation.  All you would see is a curved line representing the trajectory leaving the VARB at 210 minutes into the TL phase, not how far above the zones it was.
Regardless at 210 minutes the CSM were 11246 miles from earth and virtually out of the VARB completely (it was still in the >7 MEV electron flux and < 100 Protons/Cm^2-sec.

ETA The inclination is 52 degrees not the 30 degrees of the LEO.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:12:24 PM by bknight »
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2558 on: April 21, 2018, 01:55:25 PM »
There is a distinct inability in this group to shift their perspectives from a 3 dimensional point of view and I think it is the basis of the lack of comprehension.  It is frustrating to deal with the spatially challenged.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2559 on: April 21, 2018, 01:56:51 PM »

Yes, BK simply linked the wrong video. Here is top-down in all it's animated glory...

Tim has been handed it multiple times.

Yes I did link the wrong one, but as you said tim has been shown this before, but will not accept the facts and man-up to his being wrong as gillianren  has suggested many times.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2560 on: April 21, 2018, 01:59:25 PM »

Your lack of 3-D understanding is noted.  But I will admit that this is a side view of both the VARB and the trajectory.  That being said, if one views the top views you would not get the realization of missing the areas of denser radiation.  All you would see is a curved line representing the trajectory leaving the VARB at 210 minutes into the TL phase, not how far above the zones it was.
Regardless at 210 minutes the CSM were 11246 miles from earth and virtually out of the VARB completely (it was still in the >7 MEV electron flux and < 100 Protons/Cm^2-sec.
Regarding the top-down view I posted. Maybe TF hasn't figured out the contour lines are the VAB contours of a conical plane through the VAB on the Apollo eliptical orbit. I guess conic sections gets added to the TF list.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2561 on: April 21, 2018, 02:00:46 PM »
When viewed from a 2d top view looking down on the north pole the VAB appears as a ring completely surrounding the earth starting at about 600 miles out.  Any and all elliptical orbits greater than a 600 mile radius must pass through this ring.  It would be obvious to the casual observer, that is if that observer is capable of spatially interpreting a two dimensional drawing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:02:48 PM by timfinch »

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2562 on: April 21, 2018, 02:03:13 PM »
There is a distinct inability in this group to shift their perspectives from a 3 dimensional point of view and I think it is the basis of the lack of comprehension.  It is frustrating to deal with the spatially challenged.
Apollo happened in 3 dimensions. Not our problem that you are incapable of figuring that out.

Have you tried that ring donut test yet? You know, where your claims mean it is physically impossible to thrust a digit through one?

That is how idiotic your claims have become.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2563 on: April 21, 2018, 02:04:09 PM »
There is a distinct inability in this group of ME to shift my their perspectives from a to a 3 dimensional point of view and I think it is the basis of the lack of comprehension.  It is frustrating to deal with the spatially challenged.

FTFY.

And yes it is difficult to deal with the spatially challenged, which you have shown on many post to be the case.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2564 on: April 21, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
When viewed from a 2d top view looking down on the north pole the VAB appears as a ring completely surrounding the earth starting at about 600 miles out.  Any and all elliptical orbits greater than a 600 mile radius must pass through this ring.  It would be obvious to the casual observer, that is if that observer is capable of spatially interpreting a two dimensional drawing.
No, once again the contour lines in the animation are for a conic section through a torus. Why is this incomprehensible to you?