Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 636576 times)

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
Re: Radiation
« Reply #2565 on: April 21, 2018, 02:06:08 PM »
It has been a day and Abaddon has not been suspended for for an act I received a suspension for.  Does that seem fair to everybody?  Is he privileged or am I simply not deserving of the respect each of you take for granted?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2566 on: April 21, 2018, 02:07:24 PM »
When viewed from a 2d top view looking down on the north pole the VAB appears as a ring completely surrounding the earth starting at about 600 miles out.  Any and all elliptical orbits greater than a 600 mile radius must pass through this ring.  It would be obvious to the casual observer, that is if that observer is capable of spatially interpreting a two dimensional drawing.

With exception being that the trajectory in a 3-D world as Abaddon indicates the spacecraft are at the upper boundaries of the torus, NOT the middle of it.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2567 on: April 21, 2018, 02:08:33 PM »
It has been a day and Abaddon has not been suspended for for an act I received a suspension for.  Does that seem fair to everybody?  Is he privileged or am I simply not deserving of the respect each of you take for granted?

That is for LO to decide not the members.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2568 on: April 21, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »
When viewed from a 2d top view looking down on the north pole the VAB appears as a ring completely surrounding the earth starting at about 600 miles out.  Any and all elliptical orbits greater than a 600 mile radius must pass through this ring.  It would be obvious to the casual observer, that is if that observer is capable of spatially interpreting a two dimensional drawing.
So your claim actually is that it is physically impossible to put your finger through a ring donut. And somehow, you think this makes you look clever. On the internet. In public.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #2569 on: April 21, 2018, 02:14:09 PM »
There is a distinct inability in this group to shift their perspectives from a 3 dimensional point of view and I think it is the basis of the lack of comprehension.  It is frustrating to deal with the spatially challenged.

Whoever you are and whatever your motive, your responses are often both childish and very ignorant. I gave you a 2D drawing showing quite clearly how your claim the two routes the same is hopeless. You are afraid to admit your painful blunders and are just obfuscating to cover the public humiliation inflicted on you.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #2570 on: April 21, 2018, 02:15:52 PM »

Quit bleating. Your trolling was also part of the deal.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2571 on: April 21, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »
Yay, rules lawyering as a substitute for an actual argument. How novel.

Just for the record. LunarOrbit is the sole owner, operator and moderator of this site. He allows whatever he wishes. Nobody else. Certainly not you.

Second, this site has been completely rebuilt from it's previous incarnation with the result that everyone's post count got reset. You are unaware that many of us have been here for years and clocked up thousands of posts. We have heavily invested in earning respect and credibility and in many cases have actually identified our professional credentials and the means to indepently verify same for anyone so interested to do so.

Third, "respect" is not a thing one demands, it is something one earns.

Fourth. Credibility is not a boomerang. If you fling it away, it is not coming back.

Soo how about you knock that off and give us all your understanding of conic sections of toroids. Because it seems to me that you don't have one to share.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2572 on: April 21, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »

The question remains unanswered by your response.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2573 on: April 21, 2018, 02:38:49 PM »
There is a distinct inability in this group to shift their perspectives from a 3 dimensional point of view and I think it is the basis of the lack of comprehension.  It is frustrating to deal with the spatially challenged.

Whoever you are and whatever your motive, your responses are often both childish and very ignorant. I gave you a 2D drawing showing quite clearly how your claim the two routes the same is hopeless. You are afraid to admit your painful blunders and are just obfuscating to cover the public humiliation inflicted on you.
You gave some weird hybrid containing an ellipse from a top view and a side view of the VAB.  Give me a top view of both to put them in the proper perspective.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2574 on: April 21, 2018, 02:40:09 PM »

I answered it. You seem to be utterly flummoxed by actual answers and unable to answer basic questions. Why?

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2575 on: April 21, 2018, 02:40:30 PM »

So having and independent thought is trolling. Is that from the urban dictionary?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2576 on: April 21, 2018, 02:42:06 PM »

I guess you need it in crayon to understand.  You need to take that up with LO in a PM, not bring it to the membership in the forum.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2577 on: April 21, 2018, 02:44:37 PM »

You gave some weird hybrid containing an ellipse from a top view and a side view of the VAB.  Give me a top view of both to put them in the proper perspective.
I laughed so hard the neighbours turned up to see if I was OK.

So, hahahahaha, you think, hahahaha, that a top view, hahahaha, and a side view hahahaha should match exactly. Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

Jesus wept.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2578 on: April 21, 2018, 02:46:03 PM »

So having and independent thought is trolling. Is that from the urban dictionary?
No, trolling at least requires some intelligence on the part of the practitioner.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2579 on: April 21, 2018, 02:52:03 PM »

Independent thought is good, what you have demonstrated is a complete lack of understanding of:
1. Direct comparison of different flux levels across solar cycles, without the ability to understand that implication.
2. Primary math skills
3. Primary graphing understanding
4. 2-D rendering of 3-D objects.
5. Orbital mechanics
6. Radiation shielding of various layers of the Apollo command module.

Because of these lack of understandings your position on radiation received during the Apollo flights is flawed and incorrect.

Step in anyone with some points I may have missed.
Eugene Cernan