Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 636323 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Radiation
« Reply #2610 on: April 21, 2018, 05:05:51 PM »
I thought we all agreed after rigorous debate that Orion mirrored the apollo's path into the VAB.  Did something happen while I was hospitalized?

No "we" didn't conclude anything of the sorts.  Only you in your vain attempt to throw mud at the wall and see if any sticks. 
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #2611 on: April 21, 2018, 05:09:00 PM »
I thought we all agreed after rigorous debate that Orion mirrored the apollo's path into the VAB.  Did something happen while I was hospitalized?

You are full of it! I for one am sick to death of your pathetic trolling. It is a physical impossibility for two space craft taking identical inclinations to follow the same orbital paths, when they have some 7000mph differences in initial velocity!

Nobody has agreed your straw man claim and you have steadfastly ignored where your bizarre claims have been proven wrong.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #2612 on: April 21, 2018, 05:09:31 PM »
There is a distinct inability in this group to shift their perspectives from a 3 dimensional point of view and I think it is the basis of the lack of comprehension.  It is frustrating to deal with the spatially challenged.

Whoever you are and whatever your motive, your responses are often both childish and very ignorant. I gave you a 2D drawing showing quite clearly how your claim the two routes the same is hopeless. You are afraid to admit your painful blunders and are just obfuscating to cover the public humiliation inflicted on you.
You gave some weird hybrid containing an ellipse from a top view and a side view of the VAB.  Give me a top view of both to put them in the proper perspective.

I gave you a view perpendicular to the 30 degree inclination. Your confusion is either you trolling or you are even more ignorant than you appear to be.

The Apollo speed takes it into the VAB at the same elevation but not the same place. It's called 3D ::)
To further add to this nonsense, the Apollo TLI burns specifically fired to accentuate the position of the magnetic pole on the opposite side of the Earth, to achieve even more elevation(relative to the belts). I have no reason to suppose that Orion did that or any reason for doing so.

Read it and respond.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2613 on: April 21, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »
Here is the thing.  If it is safe to assume the radiation profiles of Apollo 11 and the Orion are similar for the first 3600 miles then it is interesting to note that the 15 mgy spread over a 8.33 day mission would result in a daily exposure rate of 1.8 mgy/day.  Which is strange because the Apollo has a fraction of the Orion's shielding and it only received .22 mgy/day.  Can someone help me through this maze of confusion?

No they aren't,  the inclination of Apollo at 3600 miles was over 40 degrees and climbing, toward the less intense portions of the VARB, while Orion was plowing through the middle.
I am confused.  if they had identical inclinations into the VAB and there were no rockets fired to alter course then what lets you believe the plane of either is different?

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #2614 on: April 21, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »
The view after TLI.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2615 on: April 21, 2018, 05:12:32 PM »
There is a distinct inability in this group to shift their perspectives from a 3 dimensional point of view and I think it is the basis of the lack of comprehension.  It is frustrating to deal with the spatially challenged.

Whoever you are and whatever your motive, your responses are often both childish and very ignorant. I gave you a 2D drawing showing quite clearly how your claim the two routes the same is hopeless. You are afraid to admit your painful blunders and are just obfuscating to cover the public humiliation inflicted on you.
You gave some weird hybrid containing an ellipse from a top view and a side view of the VAB.  Give me a top view of both to put them in the proper perspective.

I gave you a view perpendicular to the 30 degree inclination. Your confusion is either you trolling or you are even more ignorant than you appear to be.

The Apollo speed takes it into the VAB at the same elevation but not the same place. It's called 3D ::)
To further add to this nonsense, the Apollo TLI burns specifically fired to accentuate the position of the magnetic pole on the opposite side of the Earth, to achieve even more elevation(relative to the belts). I have no reason to suppose that Orion did that or any reason for doing so.

Read it and respond.
It matters not at what radial point you enter the VAB.  The incident inclination determines the path through the regions.  pick any point along the circle and it is the same as any other point as long as the plane of travel through the VAB is the same.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2616 on: April 21, 2018, 05:13:12 PM »
The view after TLI.

I have had views like that while on acid.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2617 on: April 21, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »
Here is the thing.  If it is safe to assume the radiation profiles of Apollo 11 and the Orion are similar for the first 3600 miles then it is interesting to note that the 15 mgy spread over a 8.33 day mission would result in a daily exposure rate of 1.8 mgy/day.  Which is strange because the Apollo has a fraction of the Orion's shielding and it only received .22 mgy/day.  Can someone help me through this maze of confusion?

No they aren't,  the inclination of Apollo at 3600 miles was over 40 degrees and climbing, toward the less intense portions of the VARB, while Orion was plowing through the middle.
I am confused.

if they had identical inclinations into the VAB and there were no rockets fired to alter course then what lets you believe the plane of either is different?
The two had similar inclinations at the time of ignition for the TLI, after that Apollo gained inclination, you did read my post?. 

You are willfully ignorant.  Learn some facts concerning 3-D, math, physics, graphing.  Buy Kerbal and see if your illiterate vision is upheld or upset.  Should you continue this behavior I can only define your actions as trollish, nothing else.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2618 on: April 21, 2018, 05:18:30 PM »
I will concede that the wider the elliptical the longer the transit is through the region.  As far as overall radiation it would make more sense to go through the highest region on a straight line path reducing the overall time through the region.  Realizing from the moment the engines turn off the craft starts to slow down.It seems to me and NASA that a straight line approach would have the least radiation .

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2619 on: April 21, 2018, 05:19:58 PM »

I am confused.

if they had identical inclinations into the VAB and there were no rockets fired to alter course then what lets you believe the plane of either is different?
The two had similar inclinations at the time of ignition for the TLI, after that Apollo gained inclination, you did read my post?. 

You are willfully ignorant.  Learn some facts concerning 3-D, math, physics, graphing.  Buy Kerbal and see if your illiterate vision is upheld or upset.  Should you continue this behavior I can only define your actions as trollish, nothing else.
Did you read mine?  Show me where there was an adjustment to the plane of travel.  Convinced me TLI is not along the lunar plane.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2620 on: April 21, 2018, 05:23:29 PM »
I am getting lost in the back and forth.  Are we all in agreement that there is commonality in the first 3600 miles of travel for both the Orion and Apollo mission or not?  If not, how do they differ in plane of travel or in any metric that would reduce radiation profiles of either.  I need to get my ducks in a row.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #2621 on: April 21, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »

It matters not at what radial point you enter the VAB.  The incident inclination determines the path through the regions.  pick any point along the circle and it is the same as any other point as long as the plane of travel through the VAB is the same.

Do you actually understand the elements needed to define an orbit and how they are changed and relate to the orbit?

Do you understand eccentricity?

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2622 on: April 21, 2018, 05:27:54 PM »
Did you read mine?  Show me where there was an adjustment to the plane of travel.  Convinced me TLI is not along the lunar plane.

Spoon feeding time is past, look it up for yourself.  The data is on NASA's site or Marshall 's, maybe JPL.
Eugene Cernan

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #2623 on: April 21, 2018, 05:28:09 PM »

More inappropriate averaging.

If I'm in a King Tiger tank and a platoon of infantry attack with a single PIAT among them, does that mean on average each Lee Enfield achieves 1/30th of a kill? If my friend is in the lighter Panzer III does that mean it only takes six riflemen and no PIAT to kill him?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2624 on: April 21, 2018, 05:29:29 PM »
I am getting lost in the back and forth.  Are we all in agreement that there is commonality in the first 3600 miles of travel for both the Orion and Apollo mission or not?  If not, how do they differ in plane of travel or in any metric that would reduce radiation profiles of either.  I need to get my ducks in a row.

I already answered that question there was no commonality between Orion and Apollo, get off the wagon it won't move.
Eugene Cernan