Author Topic: YouTube Madness  (Read 35560 times)

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
Re: YouTube Madness
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
Wow that guy has incredibly bad hair.  Why do they let people like that on TV?

Would you prefer something like this instead?

The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline Philthy

• Venus
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 11:07:59 PM »
The episode with Mr. Windley in it made me remember when thinking of radio DJ's on how you imagine what they look like. They NEVER match the "mind picture." Well, once it happened, the radio DJ I met in Denver was just a foxy as her voice.

Shuts up now.

Phil
The capacity of conspiracy theorists to deny science and hand-wave away evidence is infinite, as is their level of stupid. -- Smartcooky

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
YouTube Madness
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 12:31:33 AM »
The episode with Mr. Windley in it made me remember when thinking of radio DJ's on how you imagine what they look like. They NEVER match the "mind picture." Well, once it happened, the radio DJ I met in Denver was just a foxy as her voice.

Shuts up now.

Phil

[Derail] There was once a tower controller at an airport that I frequent that sounded just like Reba McIntire. When I took a student up for a tower tour, said controller sure didn't look like Reba...  [/Derail]

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 12:52:58 AM »
[derails down an even more obscure side track]

You'd need to be a long time listener to BBC Radio 4, but trust me, news and shipping forecast reader Charlotte Green does not sound like this.

[/Switches points back to thread]

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 01:08:12 AM »
Wow that guy has incredibly bad hair.  Why do they let people like that on TV?

My friends and I have long and complex theories about that wig . . . .
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Al Johnston

• Earth
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 05:43:25 AM »
Wig? It's clearly shaving foam...
"Cheer up!" they said. "It could be worse!" they said.
So I did.
And it was.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 11:32:53 AM »

Oh yes.  Those founding fathers had fabulous wigs.  Too bad you can't see the rest of the costume.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 11:44:57 AM »

No theory needed.  It's a publicity photo from a production of 1776 at a regional theater in which I played the Loyalist George Read.  Read had the honor of being the only signer of the Declaration of Independence who voted against it.  The costumer for this production put all the Loyalists in white wigs so that the "Cool Considerate Men" number would have a distinctive visual.  I have performed in four productions for this theater, and am on their creative staff as well for property, set, and technical design.

<shamelessplug> https://tickets.halecentretheatre.org/Online/ </shamelessplug>

This is no slouch of a theater.  It's Utah's highest-selling ticketed venue of any kind.  We have an automated programmable Scala Inc. stage.  So fun to play with!

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 11:48:40 AM »
This is no slouch of a theater.  It's Utah's highest-selling ticketed venue of any kind.  We have an automated programmable Scala Inc. stage.  So fun to play with!
And suitable for faking lunar EVAs, natch!  I knew you NASA disinformationists would slip up eventually. 

I admit, it was pretty clever making us think you were faking it in Nevada when actually you were faking it in another Four Corners state - naturally, the only one I've never been in...

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »
No theory needed.  It's a publicity photo from a production of 1776 at a regional theater in which I played the Loyalist George Read.  Read had the honor of being the only signer of the Declaration of Independence who voted against it.  The costumer for this production put all the Loyalists in white wigs so that the "Cool Considerate Men" number would have a distinctive visual.  I have performed in four productions for this theater, and am on their creative staff as well for property, set, and technical design.

I figured that was just how you dressed.

Next time I've got a few days to haul a$$ to the other side of the world, I'll be sure to stop in!

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 12:04:38 PM »
I admit, it was pretty clever making us think you were faking it in Nevada when actually you were faking it in another Four Corners state - naturally, the only one I've never been in...

I've been in it.  The state is real.

Offline Hal

• Mercury
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »

I once played Thomas Jefferson in 1776.  Shaved my beard, but I refused to bleach and dye my hair.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 01:02:56 PM »
No theory needed.

No, but they're more fun.  I've long known the truth, but that hasn't stopped me.

In all seriousness, it's a great show, and I watch it every July.  This year, I may be using it to distract myself at a stressful time!
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »
I once played Thomas Jefferson in 1776.  Shaved my beard, but I refused to bleach and dye my hair.

We have a huge in-house costume and wig shop.  These days we very often opt to have the actor keep his own hair and just use an appropriate wig.  And yes, anyone who visits the Salt Lake City area can hit me up for a backstage tour.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 01:30:43 PM »