Apollo Discussions > The Hoax Theory

Jack White passed...

(1/8) > >>

scooter:
Just read over at  JREF that Jack White passed away.
...admittedly, mixed emotions at this end.

gillianren:
As I've said elsewhere, while the death of the man leaves me mostly without reaction, I do grieve for the wasted potential.  Imagine what he could have accomplished had he been willing to learn.

ka9q:
Yes. I won't celebrate anyone's passing. But I'll miss some people more than others.

I've had exactly one email exchange with Jack White, a few years ago. He had found what he claimed was a reflection of the US flag off the commander's window of the Apollo 11 LM, in a picture (I believe AS11-40-5862) taken before the flag was set up. I wrote him in a polite, neutral tone to point out a few facts:

1. The geometry didn't work. The location of the Apollo 11 flag was incompatible with being reflected by the commander's window to the location of the camera.

2. The reflection did not look much like a US flag.

3. The object claimed to be the mast of the flag coincided with the LPD (landing point designator) graticle etched on the commander's window.

4. The object claimed to be the flag itself coincided with the shade of the overhead rendezvous window in the LM.

White replied in an angry tone, essentially asking how dare I send him email or question his conclusions.

I think that was the end of my only conversation with Jack White.

raven:
One of the saddest things one can say about someone is that the world is honestly improved by their passing.
Rest in Peace, Jack White, may you find the truth you never could in life.

ka9q:
I probably shouldn't make light of it, but I'm reminded of a joke that went something like this:

Jack White arrives at the Pearly Gates. On meeting God, he asks the one question that has obsessed him for most of his life:

"Who killed JFK?"

God replies: "Lee Harvey Oswald. And he did it entirely on his own."

Jack: "Oh my [god], the conspiracy has gotten to you too?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version