Apollo Discussions > The Hoax Theory

Jack White passed...

<< < (8/8)

Obviousman:
Correct. White even used to say that he'd examine evidence that proved his hoax theories wrong... but since the landings were faked, any evidence saying otherwise were also faked and therefore should be ignored.

Circular reasoning anyone?

ka9q:

--- Quote from: Obviousman on July 12, 2012, 06:55:19 AM ---Circular reasoning anyone?
--- End quote ---
Of course it's circular. That's the original meaning of "begging the question", though nowadays people seem to interpret that phrase as meaning something different, i.e., "strongly suggesting the question".

They also take everything very personally. In my one and only interaction with Jack White, pointing out the problems with his analysis of the "flag" in the window of the Apollo 11 LM, he reacted as though I'd insulted his mother and invited him to a gay sex orgy or something. It was truly remarkable. That I would have the barefaced audacity to even think of emailing him -- the one and only Jack White! -- to question his interpretation was simply unforgiveable.

It made me wish I could see video (or at least hear audio) of him getting keelhauled by the counsel for the House Subcommittee on Assassinations.

scooter:

--- Quote from: ka9q on July 12, 2012, 07:51:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Obviousman on July 12, 2012, 06:55:19 AM ---Circular reasoning anyone?
--- End quote ---
It made me wish I could see video (or at least hear audio) of him getting keelhauled by the counsel for the House Subcommittee on Assassinations.

--- End quote ---

Just reading the text of that testimony was quite damning in itself....they just shredded his claim of any credibility or expertise. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

As to those girls and their video, sometimes the internet does more harm than good, it seems it spreads ignorance and knowledge equally. Middleschoolers...wish they'd come to our launches so we could teach them some science (ala the TARC program).

JayUtah:

--- Quote from: ka9q on July 12, 2012, 07:51:36 AM ---...though nowadays people seem to interpret that phrase as meaning something different, i.e., "strongly suggesting the question".
--- End quote ---

Indeed, but that's due to a legitimate overlap.  Consider this:

Kevin:  It's going to cost $1,225 to ship the cabinets from fab [fabrication] to Livermore.
Jay:  We could have the cabinets drop-shipped to Livermore and bring the equipment with us.
Kevin:  But that begs the question of dry-fitting the rackup.

In this case Kevin meant to raise the question of how we would test the layout of the equipment in standard cabinets, to make sure cable harnesses would fit, etc.  But in a more esoteric sense, he means that I'm assuming that certain unknowns would magically resolve themselves in a favorable way.  And that's the essence of the logical fallacy of circulus in demonstrando.

--- Quote ---That I would have the barefaced audacity to even think of emailing him -- the one and only Jack White! -- to question his interpretation was simply unforgiveable.
--- End quote ---

Yes, that was indeed Jack White.  He thought he was pretty hot stuff.  And ironically a lot of that came from his HSCA gang-up.  He spun it to say he must really be onto something if "the government" was going to work so hard to discredit him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version