Author Topic: Bob Seamans & Neil Armstrong - lecture on Apollo  (Read 4812 times)

Offline Rob260259

• Earth
Bob Seamans & Neil Armstrong - lecture on Apollo
« on: July 04, 2013, 05:00:35 PM »
Another awesome upload by AeroAstroMIT on YouTube.

Robert Seamans Jr. was associate and deputy NASA administrator from 1960-1968. He would later serve as MIT Dean of Engineering, Director of the Draper Lab, and a senior lecturer in MIT Aero-Astro. In this video, Dr. Seamans and Neil Armstrong (with a guest appearance by Buzz Aldrin) deliver the 1994 Aero-Astro Gardener Lecture and speak about their experiences.

Enjoy!

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: Bob Seamans & Neil Armstrong - lecture on Apollo
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 05:05:41 AM »
Another awesome upload by AeroAstroMIT on YouTube.

Robert Seamans Jr. was associate and deputy NASA administrator from 1960-1968. He would later serve as MIT Dean of Engineering, Director of the Draper Lab, and a senior lecturer in MIT Aero-Astro. In this video, Dr. Seamans and Neil Armstrong (with a guest appearance by Buzz Aldrin) deliver the 1994 Aero-Astro Gardener Lecture and speak about their experiences.

Enjoy!

Thank you, kind sir. I had not seen that one. I was amused how it nailed bogus hoaxer claims almost 20 years ago without once referring to them. I was also amused by Armstrong's gentle humour. Again.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Re: Bob Seamans & Neil Armstrong - lecture on Apollo
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 11:39:37 PM »
You can clearly see why he hasn't been doing many interviews over the years. Once he was off his prepared script, he sounded very hesitant.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.