Author Topic: Dave McGowan  (Read 24535 times)

Online Peter B

• Saturn
Dave McGowan
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:35:09 AM »
I see from http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/ that he hasn't produced any more written articles about Apollo for a few years, but there's a relatively new YouTube posting from him at (it seems to be a recording of a radio show)

I could only listen for a couple of minutes...
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline ineluki

• Earth
Re: Dave McGowan
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 08:27:19 AM »
I could only listen for a couple of minutes...

Heroic...   i already stopped at the eighth word of his website... "disinformation"

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:22 AM »
Heroic...   i already stopped at the eighth word of his website... "disinformation"

Stupendous.  I stopped looking at his web page with just a glance. 

Yet another FUD monger that uses run on web pages full of stale dated crap.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 02:06:20 PM »
What an awful looking website. It's like the internet version of green ink.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 05:33:45 AM »
Seems like a remarkably accurate description:

Welcome to the Internet's best source for disinformation-f. Free news and commentary!

There, fixed the punctuation.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 03:16:30 AM »
What an awful looking website. It's like the internet version of green ink.

LOL. That or finger-painting!
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 03:25:03 AM »
The last post was in jest.
I took a brief look at his "exposé" of the Boston bombing. What sort of sick f*&k can pour over pictures of human suffering, with blood and shattered bodies and then try to hand-wave that suffering away in the vain attempt to try and find "clues" to support a sick fantasy?

Some of these conspiracy theorists are so far removed from other human beings that they defy explanation. Truly they are the product of spending too long on the Internet in a bedroom in their Mom's house and too little time interacting socially with other people.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:28:39 AM by Zakalwe »
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »
I don't know if you can blame this on the Internet. Conspiracy theories have been around for a long time, even before JFK was murdered by a cabal of three letter agencies, organized crime, various Communist governments and LBJ. The Internet just gives them a chance to connect with like-minded individuals who reinforce their existing delusions. The term "echo chamber" really is apt.

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 10:28:32 AM »
The Internet just gives them a chance to connect with like-minded individuals who reinforce their existing delusions.

And the Internet is much more convinient than standing in the cold, carrying a shield with your conspiracy and shouting to the masses.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 11:14:34 AM »
Yeah. The net sometimes reminds me of New York when I lived near there in the 1980s. I used to go in for concerts and to buy CDs and books afterwards. Tower Records is long gone, but now I can get my music online any time of day -- and the variety beats even what the two big Tower stores in Manhattan once had to offer.

And when they started to clean up Times Square, it seemed that all the crazies who used to hang out there also moved online. Again, an even bigger variety, available 24 hours a day.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 12:35:17 PM »
The last post was in jest.
I took a brief look at his "exposé" of the Boston bombing. What sort of sick....

There simply are times when ridicule is the appropriate response to the perversely ridiculous.  Now if he wants to show up and defend himself here, I am sure we can give him a serious and critical response. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 01:24:28 PM »
Every major event is subject to some kook's conspiracy theory.  But the Apollohoax has introduced a new element. The kooks fell in love with pouring over photographs and footage and crying fake over the slightest imagined "anomaly".

For the Apollohoax that passable. The events took place far far away from anyone else's eye. While we know there is independent evidence, the pictures and eye witness accounts themselves can be claimed to be purely from the gubmint.

But when they start pulling this on events that happen in front of thousands of people, it doesn't work. Claim Bush orchestrated 9/11 by all means, but to say that the planes didn't really hit the towers and the footage is all fake despite thousands, millions of people seeing it for themselves? That's a whole level of crazy our scientists hadn't even theorised yet.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 03:51:40 PM »
Glom - that's a good point.
It is theoretically conceivable that a government might create fake photographs of a Moon landing, because they're the only ones there. But as you say, the conspiracists have taken the arguments from there (and, I suppose, the Kennedy assassination), and started to apply the obsessive search for "anomalies" to every single occurrence, even when there are hundreds of sources for the pictures. And when they find those anomalies, they proclaim that "everything's a fake!" rather than "hmm, anomalous things show up in photos all the time, so I guess they don't mean that a photo is fake."

Offline Halcyon Dayz, FCD

• Earth
  • Contrarian's Contrarian
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »
The Internet just gives them a chance to connect with like-minded individuals who reinforce their existing delusions. The term "echo chamber" really is apt.
It's folie à plusieurs.
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 10:55:57 PM »
It's folie à plusieurs.
Absolutely. I'm fascinated by this phenomenon. I call it folie à N, with N >> 1.