Author Topic: Film of Rover tracks being covered  (Read 6273 times)

Offline BazBear

• Mars
Re: Film of Rover tracks being covered
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 02:06:55 PM »
Hi Lenticular Cloud, welcome to the forum! While the sort of film/video you're looking for might be tricky to find, looking for 70mm Hasselblad stills might be easier. With just a quick look over at The Project Apollo Image Gallery, I found this image - (hi-res url http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a15/AS15-86-11599HR.jpg)

"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Willoughby

• Venus
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 10:29:20 AM »

Willoughby, it is not a problem for me. I understand the reasoning behind tracks not being visible, but it is a 'would be nice to have' thing for me, to actually see a clearly defined footprint/track being obscured by regolith being kicked.

I was only speaking in general.  I didn't mean to imply you were bothered by it.

Offline Willoughby

• Venus
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »

ka9q said "Actually, it indicates a lot..." (my quotes didn't work right!)

Sure, ASSUMING they are indeed on the moon.  Your argument begs the question a bit.  I was only saying that suggesting that the lack of tracks can only mean a faked landing is absurd because the lack of tracks is equally unexplained within the context of a faked mission.

In other words, if all you know is that there are no tracks in some photographs, but are tracks in other photographs, and you have received no explanation (which is the claimed position of the vast majority of hoaxers), then it is not indicative of anything since the lack of tracks has no explanation in a faked mission either.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:41:16 AM by Willoughby »