Author Topic: New Flag-Waving Clip  (Read 13444 times)

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
Re: New Flag-Waving Clip
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 05:35:04 AM »
 :'( Sniffs sadly - I'm an Orstralian, and I yet I wuz first here to suggest that this isn't flag movement.  Don't label all of us...  (j/k)

Actually, bein' down under often gives us an advantage to get first bite on questions, due to the time zones and us bein' so far ahead....

:D

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 07:43:36 AM »
:'( Sniffs sadly - I'm an Orstralian, and I yet I wuz first here to suggest that this isn't flag movement.  Don't label all of us...  (j/k)

Actually, bein' down under often gives us an advantage to get first bite on questions, due to the time zones and us bein' so far ahead....

Yes one of the Aussies was first to identify an errant Coke bottle on a grainy video. ::)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 08:51:36 AM »

Australian you say...

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Gene-Cernan-tickets/artist/2221246?tm_link=artist_artistvenue_module

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 10:46:52 AM »
To add more proof positive to the video artifact argument, Erock (as he is known over at International Skeptics) sent me this:

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 11:20:27 AM »
To add more proof positive to the video artifact argument, Erock (as he is known over at International Skeptics) sent me this:

Oh the Blunder has picked up on the "movement" of the flag during A16?  He probably made a ten minute video dissecting every second, "proving" that the flag was filmed on the Earth.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 07:42:50 PM »
What a great bunch of answers! I was confident that some of the regular ApolloHoax contributors would figure this out, and you did exactly that. You didn't let me down. It's clear that this is a video artifact. I didn't see any of the other "motions" before, but I see them now. In the blink comparison, a close examination reveals that the flag isn't moving, but the brightness of pixels is. Look at the one little extension on the far bottom left corner of the flag. It doesn't move at all.

Thanks to all of you for your fine thoughts, the time and work you put in, and the conclusive photo-proof.

Clear skies,
Brant
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 01:25:07 AM »
I do not really have anything to add, but I would like to commend AstroBrant on his intellectual honesty for bringing this to our attention. I mean, I don't frequent their haunts, but can you imagine, say, Jarrah starting a thread saying, "Say, I found what looks like really good evidence Apollo is real, can you guys help me figure how it was faked?"

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 03:17:50 AM »
I do not really have anything to add, but I would like to commend AstroBrant on his intellectual honesty for bringing this to our attention.

This is what genuine critical thinkers do. They don't hide when the evidence might be against them. They seek answers by examining the evidence, unlike conspiracy theorists who predetermine the answer they want, then shoehorn and manipulate the evidence to fit, and handwave away any that won't .

Brant has discovered (rediscovered?) that this forum seems to attract people with REAL expertise that they can bring to the table; aerospace engineering, physics, chemistry, electronics, radio and television communications, photography, engineering, flight hardware and aircraft engineering and operations (apologies if I have left anyone out. And this is the big thing that CT forums don't have. They attack, and dismiss, a ridicule people with real knowledge and expertise in favour of The Stupidati, the Jarrahs Whites, and the Alex Joneses of this world.

... can you imagine, say, Jarrah starting a thread saying, "Say, I found what looks like really good evidence Apollo is real, can you guys help me figure how it was faked?"

Ahem.... NO!

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 04:50:51 AM »
Australian you say...
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Gene-Cernan-tickets/artist/2221246?tm_link=artist_artistvenue_module
Wish I could but he's not coming to Qld, and as I'm rapidly approaching retirement, I'm getting a bit miserly...  If Neil had still been alive and visiting, maybe....

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 05:20:04 AM »
Australian you say...
Wish I could but he's not coming to Qld, and as I'm rapidly approaching retirement, I'm getting a bit miserly...  If Neil had still been alive and visiting, maybe....

I was thinking about a trip to Melbourne to visit family in June.

AU$75 a ticket makes me think about going a few days earlier.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 07:59:37 AM »
Australian you say...

I'm jealous!. :'(
Eugene Cernan

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2016, 09:44:57 AM »
Australian you say...

Well, I booked a ticket to the Canberra show. Thanks for the link, OBM.

And when I mentioned the Meet and Greet option to my wife, she ordered me to buy it, or she'd do it for me. *

So, does anyone have any questions they'd like me to ask?

= = = =

* I could have gone to the Neil Armstrong interview in Sydney a few years ago, but the transport would either have been expensive or incredibly inconvenient. I'm still a bit nervous about spending this much money on an event like this, but at least the money is going towards perks at the event, rather than on just getting there.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2016, 12:42:47 PM »

And when I mentioned the Meet and Greet option to my wife, she ordered me to buy it, or she'd do it for me. *

= = = =

* I could have gone to the Neil Armstrong interview in Sydney a few years ago, but the transport would either have been expensive or incredibly inconvenient. I'm still a bit nervous about spending this much money on an event like this, but at least the money is going towards perks at the event, rather than on just getting there.

Fantastic :D

Screw the money, this is Gene Cernan!! (and that M&G package looks pretty cool!).

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2016, 12:53:14 PM »

YES - noise levels of the descent and ascent stages in the LM.

EDIT: Expect the descent stage to be inaudible, and the ascent engine barely audible.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2016, 02:34:40 PM »
Australian you say...

= = = =

What was the odor of the Moon dust, I've heard gun powder, but was wondering his thoughts.
Have fun and enjoy the show, post some images afterwards, I'm still jealous.
Eugene Cernan