Author Topic: Rene's C-Rock and my J-Continent  (Read 15166 times)

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
Rene's C-Rock and my J-Continent
« on: January 16, 2015, 08:33:03 AM »
I found a picture of earth from Apollo 16, which should be an effective antidote to C-rock claims. (I just ran into another one today.)

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a16/as16-118-18873HR.jpg

Zoom in and look in central Canada to the right of the clouds. You will see a letter "J". I discovered this myself. So if Rene can have his C-rock, by golly, I want credit for my J-continent!

Speaking of "J", Jay, if you have this somewhere on Clavius, I'm going to be seriously upset!

Anyway, now that I've pointed this out, I'm wondering if it is the same photographic phenomenon as the "C", (lint getting into the photo-reproducing process.) There's a lot of debris floating around the craft. Is it possible that some string-like object near the CM might be causing this?
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Rene's C-Rock and my J-Continent
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 11:06:34 AM »
Zoom in and look in central Canada to the right of the clouds. You will see a letter "J". I discovered this myself. So if Rene can have his C-rock, by golly, I want credit for my J-continent!

I think you'll have to talk to HRH Elizabeth II for that one.

Speaking of "J", Jay, if you have this somewhere on Clavius, I'm going to be seriously upset!

Fear not, it's your original discovery.  If I decide to report it on the relevant Clavius page, naturally you get credit.  Well, for the photographic discovery anyway, not necessarily the alleged land mass.  ;D

Bennett and Percy go on to claim that in addition to the C on the rock, there's also a C on the ground in front of the rock.  The Aulis authors and Rene both argue NASA "airbrushed" the C out of subsequent releases of that photo, but Aulis (Bennett and Percy) go on to argue that the C on the ground confirms that the rock allegedly marked C was meant to be placed there.  So in refuting that, I note that in the C-rock photo -- if you want to stick with pareidolic letter identification -- you can see a whole lot more "letters" in the texture of the lunar surface.

So in a sense I've possibly stolen that bit of thunder.

Anyway, now that I've pointed this out, I'm wondering if it is the same photographic phenomenon as the "C", (lint getting into the photo-reproducing process.) There's a lot of debris floating around the craft. Is it possible that some string-like object near the CM might be causing this?

There is indeed a lot of debris; this photo was probably taken not long after transposition and docking.  It could be debris outside the spacecraft, or as with the C-rock photo, post-flight contamination of the transparencies or prints.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 01:12:39 PM »
C-rock, exactly what it says on the tin... Crock. I sometimes wonder if Ralph and Bill were trying to tell stories and the Crock was Ralph's message that he was really just extracting the urine by spinning a yarn. A bit like Kaysing and his co-author Randy Reid. Maybe someone else here can throw some light on the latter. Was Randy a real person, or is it possible that Kaysing's orignial manuscript was a fictional work and he only made a big thing about the moon hoax when Fox gave him the coverage? Phil Webb made the Randy Reid observation some time ago.

Also, can anyone remember the thread where someone linked to a magazine cover where the C-rock had no C, the magazine was released shortly after the Apollo 16 landing?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 01:39:31 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 04:38:28 PM »
A bit like Kaysing and his co-author Randy Reid.

He might be talking about "Penthouse"... that's a randy read isn't it?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 05:21:03 PM »
https://www.flickr.com/photos/83874396@N06/13325730833/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Which one is supposed to be a "C" rock.

I can see an "L" rock and an "E" rock, but not a "C" rock
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »
https://www.flickr.com/photos/83874396@N06/13325730833/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Which one is supposed to be a "C" rock.

I can see an "L" rock and an "E" rock, but not a "C" rock

Exactly  ;D

The big one due left of the gnomon.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 04:25:40 AM »

I think you'll have to talk to HRH Elizabeth II for that one.

That would be HM Elizabeth II. She ain't no heiress presumptive anymore.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 05:57:18 AM »

I didn't spot that. It's the tower for Jay.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 09:11:26 AM »

I didn't spot that. It's the tower for Jay.
In that case, Jay had better hope that "The Tower" isn't a euphemism  for transport to the Royals' reptilian home world for vivisection and medical experimentation.*

*On the other hand, maybe this thought is a sign that I shouldn't be reading DIF as much.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 01:15:18 PM »
Naw, they just banish you to the J-Continent.  It's the new Australia.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »
I find the whole C-rock thing difficult to unravel. Straight out of the box, I thought fibre/crud on the scanner. Hoaksies did not.

The actual image was printed in magazines sans C. Hoaksies claim it was photoshopped out.

It is pointed out that there was no photoshop in the 60's.

Hoaksies claim the ebil gubmint had advanced proto-photoshop.

It is pointed out that were such computational facilities available, the AGC would be practical, and a lot smaller and more efficient.

Hoaksies want it every which way.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »
I find the whole C-rock thing difficult to unravel. Straight out of the box, I thought fibre/crud on the scanner. Hoaksies did not.

I agree completely. In fact, I would go as far as saying that the C-rock is the biggest piece of evidence that the hoaxers have put forward for their theory being absurd and unbelievable. The idea is so ludicrous that I fail to understand how anyone can take the hoax theory seriously.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 03:05:51 PM »

And what Rene never spoke about, and Bennett and Percy will not speak about, is the other photo taken of the same rock.  On no copy of that photo anywhere, anytime, has there been a "C" or anything like unto it on the rock.  Of course to the conspiracy theorists that photo doesn't exist.

Contamination somewhere in the duplication chain is the automatic hypothesis any time you see something like that in a photo.  The fact that this particular artifact was tracked down to the exact print that LPI scanned to publish some of the initial digital versions is a pretty secure nail in the coffin.