LaTex broken in 2nd and subsequent previews

(1/1)

grmcdorman:
Easiest way to reproduce:

* Go to the LaTex thread in this forum.
* Hit 'Quote' on the last post.
* Hit 'Preview'
* Hit 'Preview' on the preview page
Expected result: Preview still shows LaTex.
Observed result: Preview shows raw jstex.

LunarOrbit:
Copied for testing...

OK, looking up the LaTex, I can do Heiwa's equations in a more readable form. This gives another way of looking at the problem.

So, given:
miInitial massviInitial velocitymfFinal massvfFinal velocityeEnergy (J) available from fuel combustion
[jstex]\frac{1}{2}m_i v_i^2 - \frac{1}{2}m_f v_f^2 = e[/jstex]Equ. 1
So, solving for vf:

[jstex]\frac{1}{2}m_f v_f^2 = \frac{1}{2}m_i v_i^2 - e[/jstex] [jstex]v_f^2 = \frac{2 ( 1/2 m_i v_i^2 - e ) }{m_f}[/jstex] [jstex]v_f = \sqrt{ \frac{m_i v_i^2 - 2e}{m_f} }[/jstex] Equ.2
Heiwa, do you:

* Agree that this is correct?
* Agree that using Equ. 2, we can calculate the spacecraft's final velocity, given the initial velocity and mass, the final mass, and the energy from the burned fuel?

LunarOrbit:

--- Quote from: LunarOrbit on January 05, 2013, 10:43:25 AM ---Copied for testing...

OK, looking up the LaTex, I can do Heiwa's equations in a more readable form. This gives another way of looking at the problem.

So, given:
miInitial massviInitial velocitymfFinal massvfFinal velocityeEnergy (J) available from fuel combustion
[jstex]\frac{1}{2}m_i v_i^2 - \frac{1}{2}m_f v_f^2 = e[/jstex]Equ. 1
So, solving for vf:

[jstex]\frac{1}{2}m_f v_f^2 = \frac{1}{2}m_i v_i^2 - e[/jstex] [jstex]v_f^2 = \frac{2 ( 1/2 m_i v_i^2 - e ) }{m_f}[/jstex] [jstex]v_f = \sqrt{ \frac{m_i v_i^2 - 2e}{m_f} }[/jstex] Equ.2
Heiwa, do you:

* Agree that this is correct?
* Agree that using Equ. 2, we can calculate the spacecraft's final velocity, given the initial velocity and mass, the final mass, and the energy from the burned fuel?

--- End quote ---

LunarOrbit:

--- Quote from: grmcdorman on January 05, 2013, 10:03:18 AM ---Observed result: Preview shows raw jstex.

--- End quote ---

I see what you mean. Fortunately it still posts as LaTex if you submit it. I'm not sure if I can fix it myself, I'll have to wait for an update from the plugin developer.

grmcdorman:
FYI, it isn't exclusive to the quote function; it's the preview on the preview page (i.e. press Preview below Quick Reply, then Preview on the subsequent page). The steps I gave were what seemed to be the simplest to reproduce the issue - which is always important with bugs (and other things <grin>).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version