Author Topic: Excellent collection of Apollo, Mercury & Gemini images  (Read 3998 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Excellent collection of Apollo, Mercury & Gemini images
« on: March 24, 2015, 03:09:19 AM »
Came across this place this morning:

http://stellar-views.com/Photos_Apollo_P1.html

It has lots of images I haven't seen before of mission preparation and recovery, as well as lots of familiar mission images.

The important thing about the mission images is that they are scans of originals, as the site owner says:

The following photographs were scanned from my personal collection of vintage manned space exploration photographs. These photos were taken during the period of the "Golden Age" of manned space exploration covering the Mercury, Gemini & Apollo programs.  These are NOT modern reproductions, copies or reprints.

The hoax community like to claim photo manipulation and deception when NASA host their own images, so scans of vintage originals held in private hands are an important resource :)

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
Re: Excellent collection of Apollo, Mercury & Gemini images
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:19:57 AM »
Obviously fakes set up to counter the truth-seekers!

(JK!)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Excellent collection of Apollo, Mercury & Gemini images
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 02:48:24 PM »
It has lots of images I haven't seen before of mission preparation and recovery, as well as lots of familiar mission images.

I really enjoy looking at the artist concpet drawings of that time, and how they compare with modern concept drawings. There's something honest about them.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch