Author Topic: Apollo: The Panoramas  (Read 6732 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Apollo: The Panoramas
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:30:32 PM »
I'm guessing most of you are already aware of this:

Crowdfunding kickstarter thingy:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/547852077/apollo-the-panoramas-hardcover-book-of-stunning-ph

Can't wait for it to come out :)

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: Apollo: The Panoramas
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
I wasn't, and I wish I had spare money, but I don't, I really don't. :'(

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »

Same here. I really wish I had the spare buckage to contribute to something like this.
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 08:22:45 PM »

Same here. I really wish I had the spare buckage to contribute to something like this.
I guess the part that makes me most happy is that it's funded. Even if I don't get it, it's still a thing that exists.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 02:31:06 AM »
Yeah I've been hovering over the minimum donation because the 20" x 8" cover photo seems like it would look nice in a frame (nearly committed yesterday but the postage nudged it over some unspoken internal threshold!), but it falls just the wrong side of payday for me so I'm really pleased it's got the funds it needs.

They've even thought about the spine, it will be one that accommodates the page properly so you'll get all of the double page spread and not have lots of it hidden by a paper 'valley'.

It will definitely be a purchase once it comes out :)

This is also getting rave reviews:

https://wordery.com/moonshots-and-snapshots-of-project-apollo-john-bisney-9780826355942

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:32:38 AM by onebigmonkey »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:06:20 AM »
A bit off topic and because I couldn't find the thread you started/added to
Do you have a link to the metric camera from A15 leaving the moon in trans earth journey?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 02:41:01 PM »
A bit off topic and because I couldn't find the thread you started/added to
Do you have a link to the metric camera from A15 leaving the moon in trans earth journey?
Is this what you are referring to, bknight?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 02:57:02 PM »
Those are the images I was looking for, but I thought omb had them already put together in a gif?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Northern Lurker

• Earth
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 03:47:26 PM »
Thanks for the tip, the book looks gorgeous!

I couldn't resist, I had to order it :)

Lurky

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 07:53:53 PM »
Looks like a fantastic book and I'm hoping to get it once my tax refund comes in. Just curious about something from the "Apollo Flown Items" link as shown below:

http://moonpans.com/apollo_flown_items/apollo_17_medallion.htm

I was trying to find some info about the metal that was included with Challenger and spent 3 days on the moon. I've read about the 80 35mm sterling silver Robbins medal but can't seem to find anything else? I was hoping to find a NASA pdf that listed all the contents of the Challenger prior to landing but no luck so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 01:55:30 AM »
Looks like a fantastic book and I'm hoping to get it once my tax refund comes in. Just curious about something from the "Apollo Flown Items" link as shown below:

I was trying to find some info about the metal that was included with Challenger and spent 3 days on the moon. I've read about the 80 35mm sterling silver Robbins medal but can't seem to find anything else? I was hoping to find a NASA pdf that listed all the contents of the Challenger prior to landing but no luck so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iirc it's the metal rings from a binder that held a checklist of some sort, so you're looking at a molecule or two in each medal but hey, a molecule's a molecule!

I have one of those (and also the Apollo 12 and 13 versions) and it is very nice.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 03:06:25 AM »

iirc it's the metal rings from a binder that held a checklist of some sort, so you're looking at a molecule or two in each medal but hey, a molecule's a molecule!

I have one of those (and also the Apollo 12 and 13 versions) and it is very nice.

A homoeopathic medal???
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 03:23:44 AM »

Okay. Thanks for the info. How many of these medallions were made? Seems like a pretty good price for something like this.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 04:39:06 AM »

Okay. Thanks for the info. How many of these medallions were made? Seems like a pretty good price for something like this.

The COA says 2000 :)