Author Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 864386 times)

Offline Mag40

• Mars
Who wants to pretend a million euros is on offer
« Reply #750 on: January 04, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »
Read it and weep -

https://sites.google.com/site/wtc7lies/home/anders-bjorkman-s-world

http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=4280640&postcount=130
Weight (kg) or load (kg) = mass (kg). Yes, I am an engineer. What are you?

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #751 on: January 04, 2013, 03:52:01 PM »
Heiwa:

Linear momentum (p) is directly proportional to kinetic energy, being p=mv

Not quite - it's a square relationship as KE = p2/2m

Your point about the Rocket Equation still stands, though.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #752 on: January 04, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »
Heiwa:

Linear momentum (p) is directly proportional to kinetic energy, being p=mv

Not quite - it's a square relationship as KE = p2/2m

Your point about the Rocket Equation still stands, though.
And there in lies the difference between Heiwa and the rest of us clowns.
Some human beings can give and take correction. We don't pout and rant and rave, convinced we could do know wrong, that any error on our part can only mean something is wrong with the universe. We learn, we adapt, we take in new knowledge and apply it to our lives.
Watch closely, Heiwa, Noldi400 will thank Andromeda for the correction, or point out what is wrong if the correction is wrong, they will discuss it for a bit, come to an agreement, others may add their own input, and they will move on with their lives, happy with their new knowledge and/or understanding.
This is where you err, Heiwa. You can't seem to be able to accept failure on any level been of any part your fault.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:41:48 PM by raven »

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #754 on: January 04, 2013, 05:25:53 PM »
The whole world is not wrong.
Correct.  The whole world is not wrong.  The aerospace engineering community, and the planetary scientists, and the astronomers using spaceborne instruments, and the operators and insurers of communications satellites, and freshman physics students who can correctly formulate an energy balance, are not wrong.

You are wrong.   Your kinetic energy calculation is fundamentally wrong because you are comparing two different systems, and this has been explained to you in excruciating detail and using the simplest possible example - which immediately shows that your version produces a nonsensical result.  The only question is whether your failure to grasp this is the result of (a) complete inability to learn, (b) refusal to acknowledge an error, or (c) outright trolling.
Only Apollo 11 is SF.
Is this an admission that you accept the reality of the other Apollo missions (and Mercury and Gemini and Soyuz and Shenzhou and Skylab and Salyut and Mir and ISS and Cygnus and Genesis and etc.)?  Or that you were simply unaware of the other missions' existence?  Or that you are simply unable to keep track of your claims?  Or that you are simply trolling?
And the purpose of my serious Challenge - topic here (not started by me) - is not deceive but encourage creative thinking by offering money,
You do not have the money you claim to offer; that is an outright fabrication.  You are of course able to rebut this by providing evidence for the existence of your mythical million Euros.  But you don't have it, so you can't and won't.
2. show how any manned space ship manages to visit Moon (or Mars) while overpowering gravity forces and finally getting back to Earth in one piece incl. fuel used.
Already shown, with voluminous references supplied - the existence of which you were ignorant, and the provision of which you have pretended never happened.  Your "challenge" is not serious; it is a sham no different than the $10,000 or $1,000,000 "challenges" routinely offered by crackpots across the Web.
...many people also saw 1969 Apollo 11 take off from Earth, some blury B&W footage of people on the Moon and splash down in the Pacific five days later live on TV ... but what happened in between the three events?
Days of operations, telemetry, still and motion imagery, sample collection, tracking and telemetry - The same as happened on the other Apollo missions, eight of which went to the Moon and five of which landed on it.  All extensively documented in thousands of engineering reports and scientific papers, much of which is freely available and in fact nowadays easily found with a casual Web search.  The fact that you are ignorant of it is no excuse, and your appeal to ignorance reflects only on your ignorance.
Then how?
Asked and answered.
Those are my two Challenges. No big deal.
Correct.  The one is off-topic for this subforum, the other is simply empty bluster.
Plenty of people suggesting I am broke,
Deliberate misrepresentation.  No one has suggested you are broke.  We are simply pointing out that you don't have a million Euros to offer for your "challenge", and that said "challenge" is therefore phony.
I recommend posters to focus on topic and not divert from it.
Not only is it on topic, as has been repeatedly explained to you, but you are the only one attempting to divert from it by throwing out strawmen such as the "broke" claim.   Don't think for a minute that you are fooling anyone by such tactics.  You are not the first conspiracist to try laying down such smokescreens.

Kindly stop dodging the serious problems with your claims I brought to your attention in reply #558:

1. You are offering money you don't have, for a challenge you have defined poorly - and redefined - and has no proper adjudication.

2. Your primary calculation is completely wrong because you don't understand energy balances.  Your errors have been explained to you in excruciating detail, yet you refuse to acknowledge them.

3. You have no idea what you are talking about, and no apparent interest or ability in relieving your own ignorance.

In light of these issues, I ask again - do you have any intention of actually learning anything at all, or are you just trolling?

I will continue to press these issues until you address them in a realistic manner..  You may ignore them, but you cannot run away from them.   If you continue to deliberately avoid these challenges, I will consider that your admission of trolling, and into the bit-bucket you will go.

ETA: fixed close parenthesis
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:27:35 PM by sts60 »

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #755 on: January 04, 2013, 05:34:40 PM »
many people also saw 1969 Apollo 11 take off from Earth, some blury B&W footage of people on the Moon and splash down in the Pacific five days later live on TV ... but what happened in between the three events?

Very easily answered.  Buy this, and watch it all: http://02e5a89.netsolstores.com/apollo11menonthemoon.aspx

There are DVD sets available for the rest of the manned space programme from the same company, but that one is a good start - especially given your obsession with Apollo 11.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #756 on: January 04, 2013, 05:38:40 PM »
How can someone claiming to know all the minute details of Apollo 11 ask such a clanger of a question?

Heiwa, while you are acquainting yourself with the bulk of Apollo 11 history, you may want to pick up a copy of "Live TV From the Moon". It will help answer all questions you may have regarding mission TV. It even includes tables of all TV TX times so you never need ask the clanger of a question again. You see, when most people make mistakes, the sound of that mishap makes a little "ping" of a sound, but when you make mistakes it tends to "clang" louder than the Canterbury Chimes. Why?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:43:44 PM by dwight »
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #757 on: January 04, 2013, 05:40:46 PM »
How can someone claiming to know all the minute details of Apollo 11 ask such a clanger of a question?

To be honest, the whole thread is a case of "How can someone claiming to know [insert concept here] ask such a clanger of a question?".

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #758 on: January 04, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
True, true.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #759 on: January 04, 2013, 06:14:45 PM »
Maybe he manages engineers.

Link

Outstanding, sir!

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #760 on: January 04, 2013, 06:20:08 PM »
In his wonderful book  Godel, Escher, Bach, Douglas Hofstadter imagines a dialog between Achilles and the Tortoise (the characters in Zeno's formulation of his famous paradox).  Achilles is trying to get the Tortoise to accept a simple logical syllogism, along these lines:
A: All cats are mammals.
B: Felix is a cat.
Z: Therefore, Felix is a mammal.

The Tortoise readily accepts the premises A and B, but refuses to accept the conclusion Z.  No matter what Achilles tries to argue, Tortoise just won't admit that Z is valid.  Even adding an intermediate conclusion "C: If A and B are true, then Z must be true", which Tortoise accepts, Achilles can't make him budge on the issue of Z.

Finally, in frustration, Achilles cries out that "Logic takes you by the throat and FORCES you to accept it!"  Needless to say, this was no more effective in convincing Tortoise of the obvious.

I so empathize with Achilles right now.

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
Re: Who wants to pretend a million euros is on offer
« Reply #761 on: January 04, 2013, 06:22:47 PM »
Read it and weep -
https://sites.google.com/site/wtc7lies/home/anders-bjorkman-s-world

Good grief! When I showed the above page to Mrs Supermeerkat she asked "does that man's carers know he uses the internet?"
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #762 on: January 04, 2013, 07:01:51 PM »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #763 on: January 04, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »

Indeed, however I identify more with Michael Palin in "The Argument Clinic."
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #764 on: January 04, 2013, 07:20:03 PM »

Indeed, however I identify more with Michael Palin in "The Argument Clinic."

Do not.