Author Topic: Questions needing answers  (Read 140727 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Questions needing answers
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2016, 08:07:53 AM »
Well so far my post has demonstrated to me that NASA space is a religion.  I get mostly derogatory comments that indicate a concern of members who have their belief system questioned.  I guess the same type of response from cults like the Mormons and Scientologists.
You infer that most of the members of this forum and in particular this thread are "Brain-washed" by scientists or big government.
What is apparent by your posting nonsense it is you who is "Brain-washed" by members of woo-woo tube and/or un-knowledgeable individuals in forums that foster stupidity and willful ignorance.
You really need to go back to school and learn what you missed while attending UT.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2016, 08:29:49 AM »
Basically we have been brainwashed by "scientists" to ignore our observations and BELIEVE in things we cannot see.

What a howler. So your position is one of solipsism then? Have you ever broken a bone and had an X-ray taken? Please explain how that works as we cannot see X-rays. What about radio waves?

Also, your ridiculous position on flat Earth denies all sorts of straightforward observations. Then again, it's my personal belief that believers in FE are probably just taking a contrarian position for nothing other than being contrary. Either that or they are pig-thick stupid.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2016, 09:32:09 AM »
Mathematically, given a 7,917 mile earth diameter and 25,000 miles in equatorial circumference, a curvature of 7.935 inches to the mile, varying inversely as the square of the distance, meaning in 3 miles there is a declination of nearly 6 feet, in 30 miles 600 feet, in 300 miles 60,000 feet and so on.
Anyone with some surveying equipment and access to a straight length of canal can verify the curvature of the earth for themselves.  Have you tried this?
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2016, 09:51:45 AM »
Wouldn't the flat earth model our OP claims to adhere to actually make it much easier to get to the moon?

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2016, 10:14:59 AM »
Wouldn't the flat earth model our OP claims to adhere to actually make it much easier to get to the moon?
Exactly! So, again, I ask, tradosaurus, who benefits from your hoax? People don't usually lie for shits and giggles, certainly at this magnitude, they do it for a reason, a motive. What's the motive here? In a flat world, they could still go to the moon.

Offline Gazpar

• Earth
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2016, 10:30:08 AM »
Even simpler, you can prove that the earth is curved merely by taking a flight in a commercial airliner. If your airliner cruises above around 35,000 feet, then so long as you have a fairly wide field of view (at least 60°) and a near cloud-free horizon, you can see the curvature of the earth for yourself.

Even better, you can see it for yourself from ground level if you live near the sea, and especially, if you live near a seaport. All you need is clear view of the sea and a pair of binoculars – just watch ships after they leave the port and as they approach the horizon, you will see that their hulls start to disappear before their masts and other superstructure.

Ancient Greek philosopher-scientists spotted this without any optical aids, and concluded that the Earth was round. The Greek scholar, Erastosthenes of Cyrene even attempted to calculate the circumference of the Earth.....

... and he got it right within just a few percent

Now if a man who lived 2200 years ago could prove conclusively that the Earth was a sphere, one wonders why we still have idiots to this day who deny it.
The Erasthotenes experiment on a flat earth would give people near the Poles bigger values since latitude lines would grow exponentially but it is does not.
On a flat earth there would not be an horizon since parallel lines dont meet.
and so on...
Flat earth has to many holes.
Yep, it is only 3000 miles away  ;D

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2016, 11:03:37 AM »

Nah...we'd all fall through them if it did.....  ;D  :o :o  ::)
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2016, 11:17:56 AM »

Nah...we'd all fall through them if it did.....  ;D  :o :o  ::)
That's what the Grand Canyon was. I saw was, because civil engineers fixed it with the help of a legion of unemployed in the Great Depression.

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2016, 11:31:41 AM »
degreed Mechanical Engineer,

NASA, astro-nots

And as if his dishonesty about his degree wasn't obvious enough from his other silly lies, our latest troll has to include to those childish nonsense...

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2016, 12:07:30 PM »
Even simpler, you can prove that the earth is curved merely by taking a flight in a commercial airliner. If your airliner cruises above around 35,000 feet, then so long as you have a fairly wide field of view (at least 60°) and a near cloud-free horizon, you can see the curvature of the earth for yourself.

Even better, you can see it for yourself from ground level if you live near the sea, and especially, if you live near a seaport. All you need is clear view of the sea and a pair of binoculars – just watch ships after they leave the port and as they approach the horizon, you will see that their hulls start to disappear before their masts and other superstructure.

Ancient Greek philosopher-scientists spotted this without any optical aids, and concluded that the Earth was round. The Greek scholar, Erastosthenes of Cyrene even attempted to calculate the circumference of the Earth.....

... and he got it right within just a few percent

Now if a man who lived 2200 years ago could prove conclusively that the Earth was a sphere, one wonders why we still have idiots to this day who deny it.
The Erasthotenes experiment on a flat earth would give people near the Poles bigger values since latitude lines would grow exponentially but it is does not.
On a flat earth there would not be an horizon since parallel lines dont meet.
and so on...
Yep, it is only 3000 miles away  ;D

Eratosthenes assumed that the earth is a globe and that the sun was far away when actuality the earth is flat and the sun is less than 5,000 miles away and much smaller. 

If Eratosthenes assumed flat earth, small sun, and closer sun his experiment would have yielded the same results.

http://www.millersville.edu/physics/experiments/058/index.php
Read toward the bottom.

Sagan was an atheist with an agenda and either really believed in the globe earth fantasy or intentionally deceived. 
NASA:  Faking space for over 50 years.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2016, 12:08:37 PM »
Sagan was an atheist with an agenda and either really believed in the globe earth fantasy or intentionally deceived.

This is the point where we all back away slowly and avoid eye contact.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2016, 12:10:11 PM »
... Nothing of interest to quote.

Troll.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2016, 12:11:38 PM »
As a proud Apollo moon lander denier and a degreed Mechanical Engineer, I have a few questions to ask those that believe in NASA's story.   

I've read all the drivel you've posted, all the things you've ignored, and all the pathetic insults you've tried to sling, and my only recommendation to you is that you go back to wherever you claim you got this degree from, and demand a refund.

Either that or put up a copy of your diploma for proof. I haven't seen it, and I don't believe you have it, and unless you can prove it, I'll know you are some kind of dishonest shill.

Well, you showed me didn't you? 
Now why don't you use your brain and stop believing in the NASA religious mumbo jumbo.

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2016, 12:13:09 PM »

This is the point where we all back away slowly and avoid eye contact.
You obviously didn't read the article given how quickly you posted. 
Again, further proving that the globe earth universe is a religious concept.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2016, 12:13:28 PM »