Author Topic: And... where is the pilot?  (Read 47611 times)

Offline tarkus

• Venus
And... where is the pilot?
« on: October 19, 2015, 12:54:23 AM »
We are all familiar with what it means to drive a car, truck and all kinds of carriages ...

Ships, boats and submarines...

Airplanes or helicopters ...

A real shame that we could not see our intrepid space heroes performing this feat ... just trash film projected behind the triangular window:

??????????????????????

We just have a dubious story about the greatest feat in the history of mankind, was to not spend movie?
Nor have no film records for maneuvering reentry, why? only are drawings or artistic interpretations.

Yet they spent precious meters and meters of film such scenes:

Why do astronauts have avoided driving show their spaceships? I do not remember seeing them at the controls of the shuttle ... and now that I think the Russians have also been reluctant to show how a spaceship driving.

Offline Tedward

• Mars
Re: And... where is the pilot?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 01:22:55 AM »
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand it. I can, and I am no scientist. I can also see when someone is just being ignorant on purpose and trying to beard those they know they cannot better.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 01:31:19 AM »
The 'metres and metres of film' you actually posted there are TV broadcast. Google fail. Again.

I guess you haven't even seen the footage shot from inside the CM of re-entry, or the footage from inside the shuttles as they launch.

I did think about posting links, but why should I waste my time putting lipstick on a pig?

Footage from the LM? What's important, seeing what happens on the ground or an astronaut's face?

If you ran the zoo the animals would starve.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 03:04:34 AM »
For fun:

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 03:12:32 AM »
We just have a dubious story about the greatest feat in the history of mankind, was to not spend movie?
Nor have no film records for maneuvering reentry, why? only are drawings or artistic interpretations.

Where exactly, oh Wise One, would such a film be recorded from?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 03:15:33 AM »
..and, by the way, there are publicly available videos showing reentry. Go look for them.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 03:16:20 AM »
Instead of bringing more arguments, tarkus, why don't you answer questions that have been put to you already, such as how big the Earth will appear to be from 800,000km away? This is a simple question, and your evasion of it is getting silly now. If you cannot answer the question just say so.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 03:37:14 AM »
Why do astronauts have avoided driving show their spaceships? I do not remember seeing them at the controls of the shuttle ... and now that I think the Russians have also been reluctant to show how a spaceship driving.
Maybe it's because the (film, not video) cameras were mounted in the windows of the lunar modules, pointed outward?

Maybe it's because the Apollo missions were between 1969 and 1972, well before the GoPro camera?

As for your second claim, seek and ye shall find.

Shuttle:

Those were just the first four I found in a quick Youtube search.

Soyuz:

Again, just the first four.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 05:49:49 AM »
Tarkus, we -do- have 16mm film of the astronauts at the controls of the LM. If you would like a copy it will cost you €300 in transfer and duplication. I will also throw in the TV live recording of the CM cabin during launch of ASTP. For shits and giggles I will also put the Live TV recording of the ASTP CDDT.

Let me know how you want to pay. I thank you in advance for supporting the DSB Space TV Archive.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 06:55:21 AM »
We are all familiar with what it means to drive a car, truck and all kinds of carriages ...

[SNIP]

Ships, boats and submarines...

[SNIP]

Airplanes or helicopters ...

[SNIP]

A real shame that we could not see our intrepid space heroes performing this feat ... just trash film projected behind the triangular window:

??????????????????????

What information would be gained by seeing video of an astronaut flying the LM?

Watching the video of the LM landing gives us useful information about the surface of the Moon.

Do you want video from inside the spacecraft or outside? If inside the spacecraft, what information would be gained by watching three astronauts sitting in their couches? If outside the spacecraft, exactly how do you expect the video to be recorded?

[SNIP]

And they also spent many more "metres" (actually, try bandwidth) filming this:

That is, recording geological information about the Moon. This is why the astronauts went to the Moon: to study the Moon.

As others have shown, you need to look to find information.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 07:01:53 AM »
As others have shown, you need to look to find information.

One of Tarkus' many failings is that he appears either incapable of or unwilling to look outside of all the common hoax websites for his information (remarkably similar to Tindahwatshisface's approach). It's a common approach of the hoaxie's mindset and it means that it limits them to operating within an "echo-chamber". Of course, if they had any interest in learning, then an afternoon on Wikipedia or the NASA Technical Reports Server would show them just how ridiculous their claims are.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 07:18:54 AM »
I thought we had reached some sort of limit for The Stupid, but I have learned from reading the rantings and ravings of this thread's OP, is that The Stupid knows no bounds. Like the Universe, it is unlimited in its extent.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 07:34:19 AM »

??????????????????????

Why do you start a new thread when you haven't a clue to answer your questions in two other threads?  Now for filming to occur, there need to be a camera pointed at the pilots/copilots. running probably on automatic, since they are rather busy flying the craft and or calling out speed and fuel data.  which do you think is more appropriate film or actually landing 240 miles from home and no second chance to return home if they crash?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 07:44:35 AM »
Why do you start a new thread when you haven't a clue to answer your questions in two other threads? 

His tactic is the haoxie's old favourite, the gish-gallop.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gish+Gallop

Don't click on the link unless you can handle a bit of "fruity" language. ;D

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 07:54:04 AM »
Why do you start a new thread when you haven't a clue to answer your questions in two other threads? 

His tactic is the haoxie's old favourite, the gish-gallop.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gish+Gallop

Don't click on the link unless you can handle a bit of "fruity" language. ;D
I doubt he will get it.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan