Author Topic: And... where is the pilot?  (Read 47610 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: And... where is the pilot?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 02:25:56 PM »
One of the photos in my office is of a launch as seen from space.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 02:27:26 PM »
One of the photos in my office is of a launch as seen from space.
Yes, I've seen one from the ISS on Discovery launch.  cool stuff
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2015, 04:01:14 PM »
There was a proposal to remote drive the lrv to the next planned landing zone and televise the next j landing: as put forth by Dr Farooq el Baz.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »
There was a proposal to remote drive the lrv to the next planned landing zone and televise the next j landing: as put forth by Dr Farooq el Baz.

Which has me wondering what the shortest distance is between two actual landing sites.
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2015, 05:03:38 PM »

Which has me wondering what the shortest distance is between two actual landing sites.

I'd say 12 & 14 at around 180 km :)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2015, 05:04:31 PM »

I imagine obm, could help there, I don't have anything installed to either measure or calculate the distances between 15 16 and/or 17
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »

You best me to it, but it should be 15,16 or 17 with the rovers

Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2015, 05:10:51 PM »

Don't move the goalposts :D

I suppose also that it was a plan for one of the cancelled missions? It's not something I've come across before, but what a cool idea!

Google Moon (ie Google Earth and switch to the moon view) is all you need :)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2015, 05:33:59 PM »

I suppose also that it was a plan for one of the cancelled missions? It's not something I've come across before, but what a cool idea!

Just the correct ones.  I don't have it installed, lap is out of memory with all I have running. :o
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »

If you estimate 180 km 12/14 I would estimate 700 km 14/16 WSW maybe a bit more.
Edit direction
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 05:49:05 PM by bknight »
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2015, 05:52:21 PM »
Found this web page, I can't independently verify the distances
http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum29/HTML/001441.html
    A11 to A12 - 1426 km
    A11 to A14 - 1248 km
    A11 to A15 - 965 km
    A11 to A16 - 379 km
    A11 to A17 - 630 km
    A12 to A14 - 181 km
    A12 to A15 - 1188 km
    A12 to A16 - 1187 km
    A12 to A17 - 1758 km
    A14 to A15 - 1095 km
    A14 to A16 - 1007 km
    A14 to A17 - 1607 km
    A15 to A16 - 1119 km
    A15 to A17 - 776 km
    A16 to A17 - 995 km
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »
Good grief, this is desperate stuff. Tarkus has gone through the bottom of the barrel with this one.

"This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels."

--Roger Ebert
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »

We are all familiar with what it means to drive a car, truck and all kinds of carriages ...

Sigh, this isn't really worth entertaining is it? Tarkus, your arguments really are flimsy. There isn't a picture of me anywhere that shows me at the wheel of my car, but there is plenty of evidence proving that I have driven my car.

Come to think of it, there a vanishingly few pictures of me teaching student pilots to fly.  Does that mean the FAA has to revoke their certificates because there's no evidence?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2015, 08:29:59 PM »

We are all familiar with what it means to drive a car, truck and all kinds of carriages ...

Sigh, this isn't really worth entertaining is it? Tarkus, your arguments really are flimsy. There isn't a picture of me anywhere that shows me at the wheel of my car, but there is plenty of evidence proving that I have driven my car.

Come to think of it, there a vanishingly few pictures of me teaching student pilots to fly.  Does that mean the FAA has to revoke their certificates because there's no evidence?
Oh god, it's solipsism all they way down, I knew it. Or did I?

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2015, 10:32:15 PM »
Good grief, this is desperate stuff. Tarkus has gone through the bottom of the barrel with this one.

"This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels."

--Roger Ebert
Ha! ;D No doubt, however, our 'friend' tarkus will barrel into some new claim. It's not like he's stopped before!
I was going to write a  rebuttal when this topic showed up, but I was too exhausted by his antics to give a flying fudge.