Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 476181 times)

Offline sts60

• Mars
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #1050 on: September 04, 2015, 07:39:02 PM »
This reminds me of every old movie/TV show/cartoon that depicted a person wearing thick glasses as having difficulty seeing.  If the prescription is right, they should see just fine.

Met him while working at Hangar S (where Mercury spacecraft and their crews had been prepared for flight).  Sat in that seat (well, its successor) while stacked at 39B. Used to work for one of his CAPCOMs on that flight.

OK, now I'm just being a jerk.  But it's one way to pass the time waiting for Mr. Baker to again speak ex cathedra about how spaceflight is supposed to work and tell everyone else they are taking everything on blind faith.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #1051 on: September 04, 2015, 07:47:22 PM »
OK, now I'm just being a jerk.

I could always tell you about going inside the Apollo 9 CM before it was moved to San Diego.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1052 on: September 04, 2015, 07:47:31 PM »
Rather like vultures circling overhead for the final moment!
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1053 on: September 04, 2015, 07:54:08 PM »
OK, now I'm just being a jerk.

I could always tell you about going inside the Apollo 9 CM before it was moved to San Diego.

I did post a question for you
http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=945.msg32519;quote=32519
If you want to take it.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #1054 on: September 04, 2015, 08:01:19 PM »
Sat in that seat (well, its successor) while stacked at 39B. Used to work for one of his CAPCOMs on that flight.

Yeah, erm... OK... I'll fold.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #1055 on: September 04, 2015, 08:14:37 PM »
Let's all stop with the accusations of mental illness etc., please. I'm not so much concerned with hurting Neil's feelings, since I doubt he has any, but for the sake of others let's just keep that kind of discussion to a minimum. Thanks.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #1056 on: September 04, 2015, 08:33:59 PM »
Yes, and I wish they would identify themselves so I can ignore them.

Would you like us to tattoo our national/religious emblems on our arms to make it easier for you? Do you know who else requested that?

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #1057 on: September 04, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »
Yes, and I wish they would identify themselves so I can ignore them.

Would you like us to tattoo our national/religious emblems on our arms to make it easier for you? Do you know who else requested that?

Except in his case it he didn't request it, it was compulsory.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #1058 on: September 04, 2015, 10:46:53 PM »
Fortunately Neil is not in a position to impose his wishes on others.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #1059 on: September 04, 2015, 10:50:32 PM »
Fortunately Neil is not in a position to impose his wishes on others.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Amen to that.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #1060 on: September 05, 2015, 12:31:11 AM »
Galileo begged his inquisitors to peer through his telescope to KNOW the truth.

Ahh, excellent!! The Galileo Gambit!

I wondered how long it would be before you dragged up that old chestnut.

Alas, to wear the mantle of Galileo it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment, you must also be right.
 -- Robert Park

... let's have NASA demonstrate the spacesuits with sublimators in a high vacuum chamber on Earth duplicating environmental conditions of orbit so we too can KNOW the TRUTH rather than having to believe a faith-based space program.

Actually, you do have a valid point. The space program is to a very large part faith based.

Astronauts place a lot of faith in the skills and knowledge of the engineers who conceive, design, build and test all the complex systems and components of the spacecraft in which they fly. In fact, they trust these people with their very lives. Just like any other endeavour in which people are involved, everyone has faith and trust in those around them that they will do their jobs properly. In all my 20 years in the Air Force, I trusted my fellow engineers and technicians to do the things they needed to do.

My extensive military experience is one of the reasons why I am very suspicious regarding your claims to be ex-military and a qualified engineer. A person with your obvious attitude problems would not fit into a team environment. i.e., you don't strike me as a "team player". Being in the military requires teamwork and co-operation,  its an essential part of everyday military life. Loners like you don't fit the requirements; you would be rapidly weeded out in basic training
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:39:25 AM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #1061 on: September 05, 2015, 01:30:38 AM »
So when is a vacuum good enough?

Pressure at Low Earth Orbit is high vacuum at about 1x10-6 Torr.

Complete missing-the-point non answer.

You've asked for tests/demonstrations that the sublimator works. What degree of vacuum is sufficient for that? Do you believe that a sublimator (which only works in vacuum in the first place) cares about how hard the vacuum is? You do realize that an astronaut at twenty miles up would be just as dead if their pressure suit failed, right?

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #1062 on: September 05, 2015, 01:37:16 AM »
Pressure at Low Earth Orbit is high vacuum at about 1x10-6 Torr.

Why do you think a pressure that low is necessary to test a sublimator?  Pressure just needs to be below the triple point for sublimation to occur.

If they were testing sublimators, they would want to test them at the parameters they were expected to operate in orbit.
So a sublimator might work at low vacuum and let's say you tested it at low vacuum to save money. When you got to orbit and exposed the sublimator to high vacuum something bad happened to cause the sublmator to fail in some catastrophic fashion that cascaded into failure of other systems and before you knew it the astronaut was dead and his buddy that tried to save him also had his equipment damaged in the process and he too died.
Best to test it where you expect it will be operated to minimize the possibility of any surprises later on.

So, magic.

Why aren't you demanding the radios be tested on the Moon first? We understand perfectly well how radios work on Earth, and by the time of Apollo 11 they'd been tested in space, but SOMETHING unpredictable might happen on the Moon. And since your SOMETHING unpredictable with the sublimator results in death of the astronaut (something that would not occur with any ordinary failure of the device) then you obviously aren't ruling out the pressure suit catching fire or the radio electrocuting the astronaut or the spacecraft suddenly going faster than light and passing through a wormhole to a savage planet inhabited only by intelligent dinosaurs. Until you've tested the radio in the exact conditions of flight.

And why stop there? The zipper could do ANYTHING. Even the ballpoint pen might do something completely unexpected, unpredicted, and swiftly deadly.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #1063 on: September 05, 2015, 06:52:31 AM »
Best to test it where you expect it will be operated to minimize the possibility of any surprises later on.

I expect it will be operated in space, so maybe I'll arrange a test of the system in space. Maybe I'll arrange a test that involves one of the crew putting on the PLSS, opening the hatch and standing outside the spacecraft in orbit, tethered, while his buddy inside the spacecraft has his suit connected up to the spacecraft cooling system. That way, if the PLSS fails and the guy outside is gets into difficulty, the guy inside can pull him back in, close the hatch and repressurise, saving his buddy's life.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan. Anyone know of any mission where this might have been done, perhaps one that has already been mentioned in this very thread?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1064 on: September 05, 2015, 07:31:05 AM »

I expect it will be operated in space, so maybe I'll arrange a test of the system in space. Maybe I'll arrange a test that involves one of the crew putting on the PLSS, opening the hatch and standing outside the spacecraft in orbit, tethered, while his buddy inside the spacecraft has his suit connected up to the spacecraft cooling system. That way, if the PLSS fails and the guy outside is gets into difficulty, the guy inside can pull him back in, close the hatch and repressurise, saving his buddy's life.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan. Anyone know of any mission where this might have been done, perhaps one that has already been mentioned in this very thread?
Many times to point of nausea.
Eugene Cernan