Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 476277 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #1215 on: November 21, 2015, 12:58:36 PM »
From many of my conversations on YT many have a belief that science/government (NASA) lies and defend it vigoursly

...and when asked 'Which Government' it transpires they're referring to the USA, or the stock answer comes back that they're 'all in it together', but there's never any proof of what 'it' is.
Yes not much in the way of proof, but that doesn't stop them from posting their idiotic viewpoints.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #1216 on: November 21, 2015, 11:01:05 PM »
To be fair, it's hard to tell a genuine claim from those who are simply trolling for kicks and giggles.
You have more faith than I do,I think they believe what they are posting.
It's sad, no, when the option that says people are lying for fun is the one that displays more faith in humanity.

Very well put.

As for other replies, it is simply staggering not just how much plain and utter stupid is out there, but how much raging angry stupid there is out there, spewing ignorant nonsense in any receptacle they can find.

The source of that rage and anger is as baffling as the level of stupid given that most of them went through the same level of education as I did and probably have similar backgrounds. Apparently, everyone else is to blame for their failings in life, for some reason particularly NASA, and their stunning lack of achievement is nothing at all with their avoiding making any effort in their existence or making use of the opportunities given to them on a plate.

For some I think the best way to justify their own lack of meaningful achievement is to try and show that other's achievement is not genuine.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:04:55 PM by Dalhousie »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1217 on: November 21, 2015, 11:04:29 PM »

For some I think the best way to justify their own lack of meaningful achievement is to try and show thatother's achievement is not genuine.
That is certainly a human trait.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #1218 on: November 25, 2015, 11:54:44 AM »
Meanwhile, over at YouTube, Baker has descended into arguing that there 'should have been a blast crater' under the LM, and 'why wasn't there any 'dust' on the footpads' .....

Sheesh.

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #1219 on: November 25, 2015, 02:38:14 PM »
Meanwhile, over at YouTube, Baker has descended into arguing that there 'should have been a blast crater' under the LM, and 'why wasn't there any 'dust' on the footpads' .....

Sheesh.

It's Groundhog Day!
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1220 on: November 25, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »

Sheesh.

It's Groundhog Day!
It is a full moon also.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Captain Swoop

• Venus
« Reply #1221 on: December 20, 2015, 03:52:25 PM »
Given the higher gravity of Mars compared to the moon, a heavier suit is much more of a burden. Mechanical counter-pressure suits might win out.
Counter pressure?
Instead of using a layer of air, using the pressure of a tight fitting garment. Also known as a space activity suit.

Isn't that how Apollo suits worked anyway?

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #1222 on: December 20, 2015, 04:09:55 PM »
Given the higher gravity of Mars compared to the moon, a heavier suit is much more of a burden. Mechanical counter-pressure suits might win out.
Counter pressure?
Instead of using a layer of air, using the pressure of a tight fitting garment. Also known as a space activity suit.

Isn't that how Apollo suits worked anyway?

Eh, no. Basic difference is molecular versus, err, grosser scale. Think difference between a plastic bag and a net. Idea is, skin (or rather, circulatory system) is gas-tight enough, it just doesn't have the elastic strength to keep from being deformed from internal pressures. And you need those internal pressures to make cellular respiration, transpiration in the lungs, et al function properly.

A7L and modern equivalents applies counter-pressure from the outside (by being pressurized). Skin-tight isn't necessary; you can after all pressurize a spacecraft cabin. There is a similarity, though; the pressure bladder of the suit is flexible and would balloon if not constrained. So in a way the Apollo suit is, itself, wearing a space activity suit.

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #1223 on: January 31, 2016, 10:14:10 AM »
The biggest concern I have about the cooling of the space suits is the battery technology to operate it. 

Alan Bean was interviewed and when asked what cooled the module and space suits he said battery packs.  Of course he also wasn't aware he went through the Van Allen radiation belts. lol

Sorry, but batteries are extremely inefficient and I'm pretty sure there were no solar chargers.  Also battery technology would have been extremely heavy and bulky and most definitely could not have lasted long in +/- 200F temperatures. 

I think the sublimator is a neat parlor trick by NASA but you can't get there from here on the power to run this fictitious piece of cooling equipment. 
NASA:  Faking space for over 50 years.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #1224 on: January 31, 2016, 10:26:58 AM »
The biggest concern I have about the cooling of the space suits is the battery technology to operate it. 

Alan Bean was interviewed and when asked what cooled the module and space suits he said battery packs.  Of course he also wasn't aware he went through the Van Allen radiation belts. lol

Sorry, but batteries are extremely inefficient and I'm pretty sure there were no solar chargers.  Also battery technology would have been extremely heavy and bulky and most definitely could not have lasted long in +/- 200F temperatures. 

I think the sublimator is a neat parlor trick by NASA but you can't get there from here on the power to run this fictitious piece of cooling equipment.
Basically you have a lot of argument from incredulity and not much else.

they did use batteries, the specs of which are available if you look and you can see there WAS enough power for what they needed to do.

As for the Van Allen belts, why should he remember an insignificant part of the trip multiple years later when they were on a preplanned trajectory that took them AROUND the belts anyway?
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1225 on: January 31, 2016, 10:28:28 AM »

Could this be a sock??
What you believe is irrelevant what you can prove is relevant.  You know that Alan Bean and the rest of the Apollo astronauts only skimmed the lowest density of the VARB, not through the highest levels, besides you are talking to a 80+ year old.  I hope you remember as much as he when you are that old.  The batteries were very sufficient to power all the aspects of the landing they were designed for.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #1226 on: January 31, 2016, 10:30:09 AM »

Do feel free to provide absolutely any evidence whatsoever to support anything you've just posted.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1227 on: January 31, 2016, 10:35:14 AM »

Do feel free to provide absolutely any evidence whatsoever to support anything you've just posted.
I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for his "evidence".
Eugene Cernan

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #1228 on: January 31, 2016, 10:59:59 AM »
Basically you have a lot of argument from incredulity and not much else.

they did use batteries, the specs of which are available if you look and you can see there WAS enough power for what they needed to do.

As for the Van Allen belts, why should he remember an insignificant part of the trip multiple years later when they were on a preplanned trajectory that took them AROUND the belts anyway?
If the Van Allen belts are so insignificant why is NASA trying to figure out how to get through them on their supposed planned trip to Mars?

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #1229 on: January 31, 2016, 11:04:21 AM »

According to NASA, the batteries during in the Apollo moon vacation (no qty given on their sight) were 3" x 2 3/4" x 6.78" and weighed 135 lbs.  My car battery is much bigger and weighs less than 30 lbs.  I guess 1960's technology was way more advanced than today.  LOL. 
Again, i ask the nasa fanbase what powered the sublimator to heat and cool the suits and module in extreme temperatures using 1960's technology?