Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 476180 times)

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #1305 on: February 05, 2016, 04:17:00 PM »
Again, you have a person, Van Allen, would be respected by NASA saying there is too much radiation in the belts

Van Allen didn't say that in any context that would be applicable to Apollo.

and then you have NASA stating they don't know how to get through them to get to Mars

The NASA representative is talking about Orion's Exploration Flight Test 1, which flew a different trajectory than Apollo.  The conditions are not comparable.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:25:42 PM by Bob B. »

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #1306 on: February 05, 2016, 04:18:57 PM »
Hey, tradosaurus, just what powers your little sun, making it shine, let alone follow that odd circular path over the Earth that animation showed?

God. 

Who or what created your universe?

Ahhh....the classic cop-out of the religious fanatic "I have no idea......it was god what done it".
AKA "The god of the gaps".
How do you know that it wasn't god that put Armstrong on the Moon? Or guided them safely through the searing radiation hell of the VA belts?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #1307 on: February 05, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »
'm just using someone (Van Allen) that NASA fan boys find credible.

But you don't find him credible.  So that's a fairly blatant admission that you're just stirring the pot, and that you really don't believe any of the hogwash you're spewing.

I also think Van Allen is bought and paid for by NASA.

Selectively so, of course.  You want his statements to have force when you think they support you, but you conveniently ignore the parts where he directly says there's no problem going to the Moon.

Again, you have a person, Van Allen, would be respected by NASA saying there is too much radiation in the belts...

No, that's not what he said.

NASA stating they don't know how to get through them to get to Mars yet...

No, that's not what they said.

And then the NASA apologists will "but......but...but...." to soothe their own conscience.

There's nothing to soothe.  It takes only a few seconds to determine where you got your facts wrong.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #1308 on: February 05, 2016, 04:42:23 PM »
Yes, it was Jay I think.

Yes, it was me.  But it was not only me.  He's said that to a number of people.

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #1309 on: February 05, 2016, 04:45:57 PM »
Again, you have a person, Van Allen, would be respected by NASA saying there is too much radiation in the belts

He didn't say that in the 1958 article you quoted earlier. He said they measured a MAXIMUM of X, but for every maximum, there's a minimum, isn't there? If it's a maximum in one place, everywhere else must be lower than that, must it not?

You must have got that from engineering school, surely ...

The article also says that 2 days in the belts would be a fatal dose. But Apollo didn't stay there for two days. Not even two hours.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:54:22 PM by Apollo 957 »

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #1310 on: February 05, 2016, 04:53:59 PM »
There are no satellites.  If there were I'm sure the ISS station would have filmed plenty of them or when I google satellite I would see literally thousands of real pictures of satellites.   

You're avoiding my question. You raised a theory that with 20k satellites, you could use any one of them for NASA comms - but they're not designed for that. Some are for domestic satellite TV, some for fleet vehicle tracking, some weather, some GPS, etc. You can't just dial in to them.

Are you familiar with Sputnik? If so, do you think that was a fake?

http://alanwatch.homestead.com/sputnik.html

http://www.coalwoodwestvirginia.com/sputnik.htm

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Sputnik+Stukus+glamorous+Marie+Moreau/6121947/story.html

Google "front page headlines sputnik"

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #1311 on: February 05, 2016, 05:07:13 PM »
There are no satellites.  If there were I'm sure the ISS station would have filmed plenty of them or when I google satellite I would see literally thousands of real pictures of satellites.   

You've absolutely no concept of orbital mechanics. If a satellite ever got close enough to the ISS to be photographed there would be a major shit storm at NASA, ESA, and Roscosmos. Being the flat earther you are, with your kindergarten level of knowledge, you think things in orbit just drift around lazily. In reality, things move incredibly quickly in orbit. A satellite with just a 1° orbital plane difference would pass the ISS at 300 mph.

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #1312 on: February 05, 2016, 05:09:33 PM »
Hey, tradosaurus, just what powers your little sun, making it shine, let alone follow that odd circular path over the Earth that animation showed?

God. 

Typical flat earther lack of self-awareness. Accuses us of believing the "round earth religion" but freeing admits his god powers the Sun and magically keeps it from falling to Earth.

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #1313 on: February 05, 2016, 05:11:52 PM »
There are no satellites.

Get the Sputnick! app. It's free. It will give you ISS passes and Iridium flare predictions up to a week in advance. Find a convenient pass or flare and go outside and look and when you see it, come back here and try to tell us all how they faked it.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #1314 on: February 05, 2016, 06:00:00 PM »
The video of the NASA engineer admitting they don't know how to get through the belts.  Also this engineer states that  "just as it [orion] passes over the Indian ocean we lose all communication".  LOL.  What happened to the 20,000+ satellites in orbit?  Why can't Orion stay in communication?

You don't REALLY think that every satellite in orbit is set up to enable NASA communications between their latest craft and home base, do you?

There are domestic satellite TV, communications, weather, and (believe it or not) mobile fleet tracking satellites, amongst others. They have other functions. You can't press them into service to do just what you want.

I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies in the globe earth religion.
Why would you think you'd have film of them from the ISS?  The total space up there is multiple times the size of the surface of the Earth.  Satellites are set up in orbits that don't intersect so they don't have to worry about them running into each other.  Then there's the fact that most of them are smaller than a small car.  Far from pointing out any incosistencies, you've only pointed out that YOU haven't put any thought into the subject.

And the ISS by the way is provably in space.  You can see it flying over and with binoculars or a telescope you can see detail.  Its visibility is determined by its orbital parameters which show that it IS a few hundred miles up.  If you don't believe that then get with a few other people and observe it at the same time from different locations and show the math that has it lower than it should be.  You'd be the first as everyone else that claims it doesn't exist hasn't bothered to try.  I'm betting you won't either.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #1315 on: February 05, 2016, 06:01:32 PM »
If you believe that rockets can operate in a vacuum then this article talks about measurements taken of the radiation levels in the belts. 

(Bolding mine). I assume, from the way that you have phrased this, that you have another crank-magnetism belief that rockets can't operate in a vacuum? If that's the case, then how can you use an article that used information gained by flying a rocket through the VA belts as evidence???

So go on, enlighten us.
I'm just using someone (Van Allen) that NASA fan boys find credible.  I don't believe we really know what is beyond the "dome" of earth.  I also think Van Allen is bought and paid for by NASA.  I just find it humorous that the fanbase picks and chooses what it wants to hear because it validates their globe earth religion.

Again, you have a person, Van Allen, would be respected by NASA saying there is too much radiation in the belts and then you have NASA stating they don't know how to get through them to get to Mars yet, even though its been supposedly done 7 times.  LOL.   
And then the NASA apologists will "but......but...but...." to soothe their own conscience.
And then you have you ignoring the fact that Van Allen was talking about the center of the belts, which Apollo didn't go through as they went through the edge, and how shielding was needed, which they used.  Then you also ignore that the guy speaking for NASA was talking about testing the electronics.  All you've proven is you can cherry-pick and not even do that very well.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #1316 on: February 05, 2016, 06:03:48 PM »
The video of the NASA engineer admitting they don't know how to get through the belts.  Also this engineer states that  "just as it [orion] passes over the Indian ocean we lose all communication".  LOL.  What happened to the 20,000+ satellites in orbit?  Why can't Orion stay in communication?

You don't REALLY think that every satellite in orbit is set up to enable NASA communications between their latest craft and home base, do you?

There are domestic satellite TV, communications, weather, and (believe it or not) mobile fleet tracking satellites, amongst others. They have other functions. You can't press them into service to do just what you want.

I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies in the globe earth religion.
You don't look very carefully as I see plenty of images of the ISS, Troll.

So name calling is all you have left? lol

here is a picture of an astronaut entering into the station.
Real or not real?

From the movie Gravity.  I'll bet you didn't know that you can search directly for images in Chrome just by right-clicking on them, did you?

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #1317 on: February 05, 2016, 06:05:56 PM »
Why would you think you'd have film of them from the ISS?  The total space up there is multiple times the size of the surface of the Earth.  Satellites are set up in orbits that don't intersect so they don't have to worry about them running into each other. 

I did the arithmetic once, on the basis that all 20,000 satellites are in orbit at the same height as the ISS, and concluded there'd be one every 10,000 square miles or so...

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #1318 on: February 05, 2016, 06:07:10 PM »
I did the arithmetic once, on the basis that all 20,000 satellites are in orbit at the same height as the ISS, and concluded there'd be one every 10,000 square miles or so...

By international agreement satellites in the geostationary belt must be at least 1,000 nautical miles apart.  Even spacecraft at the "same" longitude are widely separated.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #1319 on: February 05, 2016, 06:08:18 PM »
Get the Sputnick! app. It's free. It will give you ISS passes and Iridium flare predictions up to a week in advance. Find a convenient pass or flare and go outside and look and when you see it, come back here and try to tell us all how they faked it.

Just go outside on a clear day at dusk or dawn and look up.  Scan the sky for a while and there's a good chance you might see one.  At that time of day the sun has already set on the ground while the satellites high overhead are still in sunlight (because of the curved earth thing), making them easy to spot.  When I was a frequent stargazer, I'd regularly see satellites passing overhead.