Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 475811 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #1395 on: February 09, 2016, 05:22:26 AM »
I don't think Neil has ever said anything in favor of the flat Earth nonsense.

That's true, but Traddy-boy did hint at believing that the sublimators didn't work. Now that's a fairly rare belief and one that's almost a "trade-mark" of Neil Baker. However, Tradosaurus also had a bad case of crank-magnetism, so he could have picked that up on his travels through the mire.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #1396 on: February 09, 2016, 05:33:53 AM »

That's true, but Traddy-boy did hint at believing that the sublimators didn't work. Now that's a fairly rare belief and one that's almost a "trade-mark" of Neil Baker. However, Tradosaurus also had a bad case of crank-magnetism, so he could have picked that up on his travels through the mire.

If we are talking about Neil Baker, then I believe he is enough of a wind-up merchant to go the flat earth route even if be didn't beleive in it, for no other reason than to troll here.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #1397 on: February 09, 2016, 06:43:17 AM »

If we are talking about Neil Baker, then I believe he is enough of a wind-up merchant to go the flat earth route even if be didn't beleive in it, for no other reason than to troll here.

That was my thought too.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1398 on: February 09, 2016, 06:47:34 AM »
Apparently his local newspaper, the Santa Barbara Independent, is "Zionist Controlled "

Make of that what you will ...

He's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed.....

More realistically he (Neil Baker) was clearly once a well educated engineer with a track record in various high-tech employments. Something then happened, either gradually or quickly that caused him to decline into what we now see. I'd be guessing at to what caused it, but it could be many things. Alcohol/substance abuse, psychological or emotional trauma or a physical problem (tumour? early onset Alzheimers?) are all possibilities. Whatever it was, it did for what appeared to be a successful individual and that I find particularly sad, especially if the root cause was something treatable.
I'm assuming that Tradosasurus was a sock-puppet of Baker? If not, and if his claim to be a degreed engineer is true, then it looks like he has undergone a similar process.

The mind is a terrible thing to lose.

He has his own basket of issues.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Dr_Orpheus

• Venus
« Reply #1399 on: February 09, 2016, 07:42:57 AM »

He would have picked that up by reading Baker's first post in this thread.  He would have ignored subsequent replies as being "NASA propaganda."   He would have spelled NASA with a Z but the forum software not longer allows that.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:45:07 AM by Dr_Orpheus »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1400 on: February 09, 2016, 07:57:30 AM »

He would have picked that up by reading Baker's first post in this thread.  He would have ignored subsequent replies as being "NASA propaganda."   He would have spelled NASA with a Z but the forum software not longer allows that.
True and thank goodness. I was very weary of looking at trad's consistent and purposeful misspelling.  Thanks LO! :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Dragonblaster

• Mercury
« Reply #1401 on: February 11, 2016, 11:30:16 AM »
 :o I've been away from you guys for a while, but, well, but... daaaaaaaamn!  :o

Wow, and back to Mercury status to prove it, too.

Talk about the thread that wouldn't die. Fuelled with stupid with life support from retarded.

I haven't yet ploughed through all of this monster of a thread to get up to date, but it has had its lighter moments: the ISS is an inflatable? That brightened my mood, I can tell you.

I didn't know stupid came in jumbo economy family-sized packs.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #1402 on: February 11, 2016, 01:42:40 PM »
Welcome back, Dragonblaster. Yeah, we've had some 'good' times here.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #1403 on: February 11, 2016, 02:11:09 PM »
:o I've been away from you guys for a while, but, well, but... daaaaaaaamn!  :o

Wow, and back to Mercury status to prove it, too.

Talk about the thread that wouldn't die. Fuelled with stupid with life support from retarded.

I haven't yet ploughed through all of this monster of a thread to get up to date, but it has had its lighter moments: the ISS is an inflatable? That brightened my mood, I can tell you.

I didn't know stupid came in jumbo economy family-sized packs.

Stupid comes in every size, variety, quantity and packaging you could possibly imagine.

Never forget the immortal words of Albert Einstein...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

nor those of the well known science fiction writer Harlan Ellison...

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1404 on: February 11, 2016, 02:17:05 PM »

Especially with the internet driven "critical thinkers"
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #1405 on: February 11, 2016, 02:55:58 PM »
Ironically, the next ISS module will be inflatable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigelow_Expandable_Activity_Module

Speaking of which, here is the ISS from my garden last night :)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1406 on: February 11, 2016, 03:01:00 PM »

Neil would start foaming at the mouth if he saw this
Eugene Cernan

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #1407 on: February 11, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »
Nicely framed with Orion & Taurus.  It was nice of them to arrainge that for you!
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline Dragonblaster

• Mercury
« Reply #1408 on: February 12, 2016, 08:26:23 AM »
Welcome back, Dragonblaster. Yeah, we've had some 'good' times here.

Thanks a lot, Raven. Good to be back.

Stupid comes in every size, variety, quantity and packaging you could possibly imagine.

Never forget the immortal words of Albert Einstein...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

nor those of the well known science fiction writer Harlan Ellison...

Ain't that the troof? The smell of stupid wafts from the screen when I look at some of the posts in this thread.

Offline Dragonblaster

• Mercury
« Reply #1409 on: February 12, 2016, 08:27:53 AM »

That's clearly a fake garden.