Author Topic: Comic which sums up conspiracy theorists  (Read 5335 times)

Offline mikeman7918

• Mercury
Comic which sums up conspiracy theorists
« on: August 09, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »

I have a brother who is way into conspiracy theories as well as a few other family members.  I used to believe many conspiracy theories myself but then I snapped out of it and realized how dumb they are, then convincing most of my family to side with me.  This is a great comic from a great comic writer which I can certainly relate to.

Offline DonQuixote

• Venus
Re: Comic which sums up conspiracy theorists
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:42:58 AM »
lol Very nice. As someone else said in a post I read earlier today:

Quote from: Some Great Sage
Conspiracy theories are like potato chips. Most people can't eat just one.
You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can not make him think.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 06:40:59 PM »
I have a brother in law who is the worst of all 9/11 kooks, a "no planer". He seriously believes that it was missiles that hit the Towers and the Pentagon, that all the video was faked.

When I ask him about all the witnesses who saw planes, he says they are all paid US Government plants and that all the real witnesses who saw the missiles were rounded up and murdered and the bodies dumped with the victims of the fallen towers and Pentagon.

When I ask him about the plane wreckage at the four crash sites he says the Towers and Pentagon wreckage was planted by the US Government. The only real plane he says was Flight 93, which he said was radio controlled to the crash near Shanksville.

The level of disconnect with the reality that he suffers is remarkable, although, while he believes in other conspiracy theories (JFK Assassination, Boston Bombing, NWO etc) he accepts the Moon Landings were real. He's the same age as me, and when I quiz him about it, he says he believes because it was live, he is aware that there was no way to fake what people saw at that time.

Go Figure!!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 11:57:15 PM »
Brain dead  for a while, what is NWO?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 10:04:34 AM »
Thanks.  Now that is one tall order, for everybody to have one government lead by one(group maybe, but logic shows this too will fail). 
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 02:24:44 PM »
Is there a conspiracy associated with all of our society?
Is it as simple as:
Belief in conspiracy theories has become a topic of interest for sociologists, psychologists, and experts in folklore since at least the 1960s, when a number of conspiracy theories arose regarding the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy. Sociologist Türkay Salim Nefes underlines the political nature of conspiracy theories and suggests that one of the most important characteristics of these accounts is their attempt to unveil the "real but hidden" power relations in social groups.[4][5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory
Is it an attempt to boost ones stature by finding a "gem" that no one else has spotted?
Eugene Cernan