Apollo Discussions > The Hoax Theory

New interview: Joe Rogan and Bart Sibrel

<< < (2/2)

beedarko:

--- Quote from: JayUtah on May 03, 2024, 09:49:33 AM --- I gather this whole hoax thing has never been anything more than a convenient grift for him.
--- End quote ---

Globe earth realists have a name for people who pretend to be flat-earthers.  I think it probably applies to Bart too.

jfb:
Eh -- I think "grifter" is the more accurate term.  True Poes (hah) aren't motivated by money, at least not in my experience. 

But my experience could be limited.

beedarko:

--- Quote from: jfb on May 06, 2024, 01:02:27 PM ---Eh -- I think "grifter" is the more accurate term.  True Poes (hah) aren't motivated by money, at least not in my experience. 

--- End quote ---

Is that why they've all monetized their channels on X?

JayUtah:

--- Quote from: jfb on May 06, 2024, 01:02:27 PM ---Eh -- I think "grifter" is the more accurate term.  True Poes (hah) aren't motivated by money, at least not in my experience. 

But my experience could be limited.

--- End quote ---

I'd wager everyone's experience is limited because the number of nationally recognized Apollo hoax proponents is fairly limited. Ralph René was considerably motivated by money. In my private interactions with him, I never got a good handle on whether he believed his own bunk. But he definitely considered it a money-making activity, and he was livid that people like David Percy and Bart Sibrel had stolen his market. He also alleged that they stole his material, which is questionable.

Donnie B.:
For those interested, Dave McKeegan has done a nice rebuttal YouTube video to the Sibrel-Rogan interview.  He does his usual excellent job, though it's infuriating to see Sibrel's despicable accusations about AS-204 again (grrr).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version