Author Topic: Questions needing answers  (Read 140874 times)

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
Re: Questions needing answers
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2016, 09:34:47 PM »
So tradasaurus, care to go start a topic in "Other Conspiracies" covering:
A) Why in the world everyone who knew the Earth was flat would want to keep it secret...

A) Simple:  control over you and your money...

This must be something like the Underpants Gnomes out of South Park for whom Step 1 was to steal all the underpants and Step 3 was profit, with Step 2 remaining undefined.

In Tradasaurus's case it appears to go: Step 1: Convince people the world is round; Step 2: ?; Step 3: Take control of you and your money.

However, Tradasaurus, if you can fill in the details of Step 2 I'm all ears (or eyes in this case).
I don't know but maybe Step 2 is to sell lots of globes and maps?  :D
Here's a clue showing that the Earth is not flat.  There is not a single flat map that does not have some distortion.  This is because the Earth is round.  EVERY flat map is a projection from a globe and HAS TO have some distortion.  If the Earth was flat then flat Earthers should be able to come up with an accurate map easily but they never do.

Because we all know that water adheres to a curved surface.   ::)
NASA:  Faking space for over 50 years.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2016, 09:35:32 PM »
I've since grown in wisdom and understanding to see the universe as much smaller and the globe earth as an impossibility. 

And yet every planet or moon we observe through telescopes is in the shape of a globe and not a flat disc. Why is the Earth flat and the other planets are not?
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #242 on: February 02, 2016, 09:40:45 PM »
Well you are wrong on two accounts which isn't surprising given that you have worked with NASA, the peddler of many lies.

You claim to be a degreed mechanical engineer, with a degree date that would make you close to 50 years old.  Yet you have no grasp whatsoever of elementary Newtonian dynamics, let alone fluid dynamics, your research skills are nonexistent, and your writing style is that of a bored adolescent. 

No, you're no engineer, and repeating this transparent lie does not make it any more convincing.  You should have paid a little more attention to the composition of the regular membership here; you're far from the first poseur who thought he could bluff about his qualifications here.

You really have no clue about the relationship of NASA to the rest of the aerospace world.  It's typical of the clueless conspiracy crackpot to assume that the U.S. civil space agency can somehow hide the true nature of the world, when the Greeks figured out the size of the spherical Earth more than twenty centuries ago with little more than their feet and some sticks. 

Moreover. I've also worked on defense projects, and purely commercial projects that had nothing at all to do with NASA.  The same principles apply to all, and many tens of billions of dollars of commerce annually rely on the observed nature of the Earth.  But you're oblivious to all of that; you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

We could have a separate discussion of why the Vatican 2 church is not Catholic but an anti-church and how that fulfills prophecy that Jesus predicted, that the eternal sacrifice will cease (ie. there will be no mass) in the end times. 

No, we couldn't.  In the first place, I'm not interested in your theological beliefs.   In the second place, the idea that the Church endorsed the idea of a flat Earth prior to Vatican 2 is hilariously, spectacularly, wrong.  Never mind the science and technology you don't understand; you can't even get the most basic facts right.

But really, though, I think you're just a troll, so I don't really see any point in continuing to try to educate you.
Uh oh, you used the magic word; Newtonian mechanics.  Now you have mesmerized me and I can't defend myself.  ::)
I really could care less whether you believe I'm an engineer or not.  My diploma says otherwise.  But I've listened to many educated idiots such as Neil Tyson and believe me I'm not impressed.  Scientists today are nothing more than modern day magicians and shamans who weave their spells with high level math that only they can understand. 
The globe earth is your religion and the scientists are your priests.  You believe in stuff that doesn't exist.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #243 on: February 02, 2016, 09:45:16 PM »

This was pointed out to you a few times, but you display a lazy behavior to investigate your claims.  Here is a link that will show you the docking tunnel hatch was 30"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Command/Service_Module

Also it has been pointed out to you the parachutes were packed around the docking tunnel, NOT in the living space.
If  you viewed any of the videos you should notice that without gravity the spacecraft was much roomier, although not as large as a bedroom.  How do you think two men rode Gemini 7 for 14 days with much less room to move around.  Now that was a cramped condition, much more than Apollo.

The astronauts were not strapped in their seats for the duration of the mission.  Get over it Apollo landed 12 men on the Moon.

Sorry, not taking NASA word for it.  30" hmmmm?  I wonder how they fit through this size of hole with a space suit?
What part of they weren't wearing the suit when they went through do you not understand?  You've been told this multiple times.  You're either deliberately ignoring it or trolling at this point.

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #244 on: February 02, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »
Could 1960's technology operated in this environment?

Such a feast of trollish ignorance!  One crumb that has not been picked over is the above statement.

Of course it could.  So could 1950s technology, Several spacecraft orbited the Earth and some flew to the Moon more than a decade before Apollo.

In the 1960s Earth orbiting satellites were also built by France, UK, Italy, Australia, and West Germany.  US and Soviet spacecraft orbited and landed on the Moon and flew to Mars and Venus. China and Japan launched satellites in the 70s, a period which saw spacecraft land on Mars and Venus and reach Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury.  West Germany built a satellite that orbited the Sun closer than Mercury in the 70s.

There is nothing remarkable about 60s technology putting people on the Moon (or building supersonic airliners).

How do you know?  Are you taking it on faith from NASA? 

Please think about this carefully.  Do you know that YOU can't prove the following?
1) The earth is round
2) The earth rotates
3) The sun is 93,000,000 miles away
4) Water adheres to a curved surface
5) Gravity exists

And do me a favor; google "satellites" and see if you find one actual picture and not a composite drawing or a CGI animated. 

Good luck!

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #245 on: February 02, 2016, 09:45:46 PM »
A) Why in the world everyone who knew the Earth was flat would want to keep it secret...

This must be something like the Underpants Gnomes out of South Park for whom Step 1 was to steal all the underpants and Step 3 was profit, with Step 2 remaining undefined.

In Tradasaurus's case it appears to go: Step 1: Convince people the world is round; Step 2: ?; Step 3: Take control of you and your money.

However, Tradasaurus, if you can fill in the details of Step 2 I'm all ears (or eyes in this case).

??

And why wouldn't maps sell if everyone accepted we lived on a Flat Earth?

Or, to put it another way, NASA is getting control over people by selling them...maps and globes?

Seriously, what's the point of this conspiracy again?

If you have to ask you would never get it.  But if you can brainwash people to accept a reality that doesn't exist then how hard would it be to brainwash them to accept 9/11, sandy hoax and other fabricated events?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have crank magnetism.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2016, 09:46:20 PM »

Here's a clue showing that the Earth is not flat.  There is not a single flat map that does not have some distortion.  This is because the Earth is round.  EVERY flat map is a projection from a globe and HAS TO have some distortion.  If the Earth was flat then flat Earthers should be able to come up with an accurate map easily but they never do.

Because we all know that water adheres to a curved surface.   ::)
oftentimes, yes, especially with gravity.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2016, 09:56:12 PM »

Such a feast of trollish ignorance!  One crumb that has not been picked over is the above statement.

Of course it could.  So could 1950s technology, Several spacecraft orbited the Earth and some flew to the Moon more than a decade before Apollo.

In the 1960s Earth orbiting satellites were also built by France, UK, Italy, Australia, and West Germany.  US and Soviet spacecraft orbited and landed on the Moon and flew to Mars and Venus. China and Japan launched satellites in the 70s, a period which saw spacecraft land on Mars and Venus and reach Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury.  West Germany built a satellite that orbited the Sun closer than Mercury in the 70s.

There is nothing remarkable about 60s technology putting people on the Moon (or building supersonic airliners).

Please think about this carefully.  Do you know that YOU can't prove the following?
1) The earth is round
Proven by the Greeks over 2000 years ago and many times since.  Navigation in the Southern hemisphere proves that lines of longitude converge the further South you get from the equator.  The fact that the sun lights up the bottoms of clouds during sunrises and sunsets proves the world is round.  The fact that RADAR and radio range increases with altitude proves the world is round. 

2) The earth rotates
coriolis, foucault's pendulum, gyroscopic compasses

Again, done by the Greeks first over 2000 years ago though Aristarchus doesn't usually get the credit.  Cassini also did it in the 1600s as have many since.  Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't true.
http://www.space.com/17081-how-far-is-earth-from-the-sun.html

you've never seen a ball get wet?  Are they perpetually dry?  See next item.

5) Gravity exists
Cavendish

And do me a favor; google "satellites" and see if you find one actual picture and not a composite drawing or a CGI animated. 

Good luck!
And what would that prove?  Satellites are very small and hundreds of miles away.  How would you expect someone on the ground to get a picture you would recognize?  Strawman much?

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2016, 09:57:21 PM »

This was pointed out to you a few times, but you display a lazy behavior to investigate your claims.  Here is a link that will show you the docking tunnel hatch was 30"

Also it has been pointed out to you the parachutes were packed around the docking tunnel, NOT in the living space.
If  you viewed any of the videos you should notice that without gravity the spacecraft was much roomier, although not as large as a bedroom.  How do you think two men rode Gemini 7 for 14 days with much less room to move around.  Now that was a cramped condition, much more than Apollo.

The astronauts were not strapped in their seats for the duration of the mission.  Get over it Apollo landed 12 men on the Moon.

Sorry, not taking NASA word for it.  30" hmmmm?  I wonder how they fit through this size of hole with a space suit?
What part of they weren't wearing the suit when they went through do you not understand?  You've been told this multiple times.  You're either deliberately ignoring it or trolling at this point.

Maybe you can have Mythbusters to replicate the cramped space of the command module, sit 3 guys fully dressed in space suits and then asked them to undress.  LOL.
I don't care what NASA says since they are liars and thieves.  I'm asking you and others to do some critical thinking so maybe you can stop being brainwashed. 

The command module is just one of many discrepancies of the moon landing hoax.   Simple thought experiments that question the ability of 1960's technology to make the trip and back, no blast craters or dust under the lunar module, the ability of the astro-nots to do any fine motor skills with the pressurized gloves, etc.   Is it any wonder the U.S is a joke outside of this country?   

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2016, 09:58:56 PM »

1) The earth is round
Proven by the Greeks over 2000 years ago and many times since.  Navigation in the Southern hemisphere proves that lines of longitude converge the further South you get from the equator.  The fact that the sun lights up the bottoms of clouds during sunrises and sunsets proves the world is round.  The fact that RADAR and radio range increases with altitude proves the world is round. 

2) The earth rotates

Again, done by the Greeks first over 2000 years ago though Aristarchus doesn't usually get the credit.  Cassini also did it in the 1600s as have many since.  Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't true.

5) Gravity exists
Cavendish

Good luck!
And what would that prove?  Satellites are very small and hundreds of miles away.  How would you expect someone on the ground to get a picture you would recognize?  Strawman much?

Thanks.  You proved my point.  You personally can't prove any of it but you have faith in the globe earth religion.  And try adhering water to a spinning ball at 1,000 mph. LOL

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2016, 10:05:27 PM »

Maybe you can have Mythbusters to replicate the cramped space of the command module, sit 3 guys fully dressed in space suits and then asked them to undress.  LOL.
I don't care what NASA says since they are liars and thieves.  I'm asking you and others to do some critical thinking so maybe you can stop being brainwashed. 
How hilarious, you think that because they wore suits during launch that they had to be wearing them the entire time.  Try some critical thinking yourself.

The command module is just one of many discrepancies of the moon landing hoax.   Simple thought experiments that question the ability of 1960's technology to make the trip and back, no blast craters or dust under the lunar module, the ability of the astronauts to do any fine motor skills with the pressurized gloves, etc.   Is it any wonder the U.S is a joke outside of this country?   
Not a single one of your "discrepancies" stand up to scrutiny.  Try some research outside of hoax sites for once.

There is nothing about 1960's tech that couldn't get them there and back.

There is no reason they should have had a blast crater.  The engine was throttle down for landing and had far less thrust than a helicopter or harrier.  They don't dig crater when they land.

You are correct, there was a lack of dust under the module.  The engine scoured the loose dust from the surface beneath the LM but it wasn't enough to dig a crater.  No problem there.

As for the gloves, what "fine motor skills" are you proposing they needed to do?  Let me guess, you saw somebody pressurize a gardening glove and you assumed that was an accurate approximation of a space suit glove?  Engineers aren't as stupid as you think they are.  They can design things that can move under pressure.

Citation needed for your last statment.  Not holding my breath that you'll actually produce one though.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #251 on: February 02, 2016, 10:06:03 PM »
I'm sorry to upset your belief system (actually, no I'm not. lol).

Classic troll behaviour. Thanks for admitting it.

Here is the rule against trolling in this forum:

8. Trolling

Trolling is not tolerated for very long on this forum, so if you make a claim or accusation you better be prepared to defend it.

The definition of trolling on this forum is:

a) repeatedly making statements with the intention of provoking a negative response (ie. anger);
b) repeatedly making the same claim or accusation while ignoring responses that dispute it.
c) repeatedly making claims while ignoring requests to either support or withdraw them
d) making unfounded accusations against members of the forum (ie. accusing people of being government disinfo agents). If you can't prove it then don't make the accusation.
e) repeatedly deleting (or heavily modifying) posts in order to cover up past statements. If you can't stand behind your own statements then don't make them in the first place.
f) pretending to hold a controversial belief (ie. that the moon landings were faked) in order to waste our time responding to you, or to anger us for your own entertainment. The best way to avoid being wrongfully accused of this behavior is to defend your claims or retract them.

I have been very busy with my day job lately, and I really don't have time to deal with trolls. So for the next 24 hours I'm going to consider whether I should just go ahead and jump to the most likely outcome and ban you. I'll inform everyone of my decision tomorrow.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #252 on: February 02, 2016, 10:06:38 PM »

Sorry, not taking NASA word for it.  30" hmmmm?  I wonder how they fit through this size of hole with a space suit?  Try this; draw a 30" line on your driveway (in chalk) and just imagine trying to fit through this diameter. 

Just watch this video and you can see how wide the tunnel is:

But given that this was all faked in a studio somewhere I guess it doesn't really matter now does it?  And anyone looking at the pictures of the 3 men strapped to their seat can see there is hardly any room to move around.

Just in case you'd missed other comments by other posters, the astronauts weren't strapped into their seats for the whole mission. And, as others have pointed out, in zero gravity the entire volume of the spacecraft is available, which increases its roominess.

Oh, and if it was faked in a studio, how were the extended periods of weightlessness created?
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #253 on: February 02, 2016, 10:09:41 PM »

1) The earth is round

2) The earth rotates

5) Gravity exists
Cavendish

Good luck!

Thanks.  You proved my point.  You personally can't prove any of it but you have faith in the globe earth religion.  And try adhering water to a spinning ball at 1,000 mph. LOL
Wrong.  I've personally repeated Eratosthenes experiment proving the world is round.  I've worked with both RADAR and radio and I've seen sunsets.  Gee, that's most of #1

For #2, I've seen Foucault pendulums and worked with gyroscopic compasses.

#3 is repeatable.  You don't have to take it on faith.  Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

#4 and #5 are also repeatable.

Stop lying.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #254 on: February 02, 2016, 10:10:47 PM »

??

And why wouldn't maps sell if everyone accepted we lived on a Flat Earth?

Or, to put it another way, NASA is getting control over people by selling them...maps and globes?

Seriously, what's the point of this conspiracy again?

If you have to ask you would never get it.  But if you can brainwash people to accept a reality that doesn't exist then how hard would it be to brainwash them to accept 9/11, sandy hoax and other fabricated events?

No, I'm sorry, you don't get to evade giving an answer. The "if you have to ask you wouldn't understand it" excuse is, in my experience, only used by people who either don't know how to explain whatever it is they're avoiding explaining, or know they have no serious explanation.

Please explain (a) why it was ever necessary to convince people the Earth is a sphere if it's actually flat, and (b) how this was done in the centuries before NASA existed.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org