Author Topic: A flat Earth thread for Tradosaurus  (Read 93725 times)

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
Re: A flat Earth thread for Tradosaurus
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2016, 07:46:40 PM »

Hey troll why are you evading why a ship approaching only has the top visible and as it gets closer more of the ship is visible from the top down?

I second the challenge. Answer the question.

While you're at it, why does the wind shift to the right as you climb in the Northern Hemisphere?  I'm still waiting to read your explanation.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2016, 07:53:09 PM »
ETA: I note, in passing, that both of these problems (and a couple of others) are set in the southern hemisphere, where FE map distortions are at their greatest. These sorts of things might not be noticed by people living in temperate northern latitudes who don't think much about their southern hemispherian cousins, but they're particularly noticeable to us.

I noticed that myself.  I really do believe that there's no possible way flat Earth belief could have survived the Age of Exploration even leaving aside the whole "circumnavigation" thing.  The more time spent in the Southern Hemisphere, the less sense it makes.  And, I suppose, vice versa, if you're starting in the Southern Hemisphere.

Let me guess. Based on the illustrations above "Proofs" 197 and 198, is it The Jews?

[sidetrack] Snazzy effect!  [/sidetrack]
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2016, 08:03:04 PM »

1. Flight paths between Australia and Chile and between Australia and South Africa. You claim (via the "200 Proofs" book) that these flights travel via locations in the northern hemisphere, yet I and others have pointed out that there are direct flights between these countries which remain in the southern hemisphere. I've also pointed out that the direct flight from Sydney to Santiago takes less time than a direct flight from Sydney to Los Angeles which is, according to your map, barely half way on the journey from Sydney to Santiago. Please explain this contradiction.

2. Travel distances within Australia. According to your Flat Earth map, Australia is about four times wide (east-west) as it is tall (north-south). Globe-based maps show Australia as being about 50% wider than it is tall. When comparing travel distances EW and NS in Australia (for example, Sydney-Perth and Sydney-Brisbane), they match globe-based maps, not the FE map. Please explain this discrepancy.

I have flown all those routes, or ones very similar..... (Sydney-LA, Santiago-Melbourne, Townsville-Perth, Sydney-Darwin).  No space-time dilation observed......
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:17:50 PM by Dalhousie »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »
ETA: I note, in passing, that both of these problems (and a couple of others) are set in the southern hemisphere, where FE map distortions are at their greatest. These sorts of things might not be noticed by people living in temperate northern latitudes who don't think much about their southern hemispherian cousins, but they're particularly noticeable to us.

I noticed that myself.  I really do believe that there's no possible way flat Earth belief could have survived the Age of Exploration even leaving aside the whole "circumnavigation" thing.  The more time spent in the Southern Hemisphere, the less sense it makes.  And, I suppose, vice versa, if you're starting in the Southern Hemisphere.

Let me guess. Based on the illustrations above "Proofs" 197 and 198, is it The Jews?

[sidetrack] Snazzy effect!  [/sidetrack]
Other than our "friend" as his Looney Toons friends on YT and a few forums.  They always have to stand out as individuals as "real" critical thinkers.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2016, 08:11:35 PM »

the Antennas are used to broadcast over a flat earth as the British did in the early 20th century before the fiction of satellites were dreamed.

LOL indeed.  The first artificial satellites were thought of in 1687 by Newton. The next description was by Rev Hale in 1869.  Quite a while before the 20th century!

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2016, 09:54:59 PM »
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2016, 10:28:22 PM »
Other than our "friend" as his Looney Toons friends on YT and a few forums.  They always have to stand out as individuals as "real" critical thinkers.

Yeah, I probably should have clarified.  It wouldn't survive among people objectively considering evidence.

Oh, and to avoid the distraction on the other thread, my version of the Godhead, too, is exemplified by the observable universe.  It is a divinity of great wonder, shaping what we see by rules we can process by paying attention.  Flat Earthers aren't paying attention.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2016, 10:31:23 PM »
If you want to learn real science read or watch, Dr. Judy D. Wood, who is a former professor of mechanical engineering with research interests in experimental stress analysis, structural mechanics, optical methods, deformation analysis, and the materials characterization of biomaterials and composite materials.
Is she a flat earther too?

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2016, 10:48:21 PM »
If you want to learn real science read or watch, Dr. Judy D. Wood, who is a former professor of mechanical engineering with research interests in experimental stress analysis, structural mechanics, optical methods, deformation analysis, and the materials characterization of biomaterials and composite materials.

She talks about energy technology that was used to bring down the twin towers.

Ah, Judy Wood. Dear Judy has an air of being perpetually bamboozled by simple solutions, and seems blind to the elephants in her living room.

Steel beams turning to dust in mid air? No, Judy. Concrete and drywall breaking up and creating dust. We've also got falling beam and struts suffering from mpeg motion artefaction. 

Spires turning to dust? No, Judy. Spires falling down, and some of the debris already on the spire being left behind. Not a space beam that has just melted all the steel in the building apart from this one column, until the guy in the satellite peers through his sniper-scope to survey the aftermath of his work and says "Shoot! Missed a column. Hang on... Pew pew! Yup, that got it".

Toasted cars showing odd patterns of burning? Just Google "burnt out cars" Judy for examples.

I've got more time for flat Earthers than Judy Wood supporters. At least flat Earthers know they're wrong and are just treating it as an intellectual debating exercise. Anyone falling for Judy Wood's garbage is firmly in the "so open-minded their brains have fallen out" brigade.

Offline DonQuixote

• Venus
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2016, 10:48:43 PM »
Oh, and to avoid the distraction on the other thread, my version of the Godhead, too, is exemplified by the observable universe.  It is a divinity of great wonder, shaping what we see by rules we can process by paying attention.  Flat Earthers aren't paying attention.

For me, the universe is basically a thought in the mind of the Godhead, perhaps even just one of an infinite series of them - all just "what if?"s in the mind of the Creator.
You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can not make him think.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2016, 11:11:15 PM »

the Antennas are used to broadcast over a flat earth as the British did in the early 20th century before the fiction of satellites were dreamed.

LOL indeed.  The first artificial satellites were thought of in 1687 by Newton. The next description was by Rev Hale in 1869.  Quite a while before the 20th century!

Not to mention Arthur C. Clarke's October 1945 article on communications satellites.....

http://lakdiva.org/clarke/1945ww/1945ww_305.jpg

... 12 years before Sputnik!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2016, 10:22:50 AM »

She talks about energy technology that was used to bring down the twin towers.

Ah, Judy Wood. Dear Judy has an air of being perpetually bamboozled by simple solutions, and seems blind to the elephants in her living room.

Steel beams turning to dust in mid air? No, Judy. Concrete and drywall breaking up and creating dust. We've also got falling beam and struts suffering from mpeg motion artefaction. 

Spires turning to dust? No, Judy. Spires falling down, and some of the debris already on the spire being left behind. Not a space beam that has just melted all the steel in the building apart from this one column, until the guy in the satellite peers through his sniper-scope to survey the aftermath of his work and says "Shoot! Missed a column. Hang on... Pew pew! Yup, that got it".

Toasted cars showing odd patterns of burning? Just Google "burnt out cars" Judy for examples.

I've got more time for flat Earthers than Judy Wood supporters. At least flat Earthers know they're wrong and are just treating it as an intellectual debating exercise. Anyone falling for Judy Wood's garbage is firmly in the "so open-minded their brains have fallen out" brigade.

You mean you are not impressed with Dr. Judy's credentials like you are impressed with the credentials of nasa scientists and stephen hawkings? 

Your blind defense of the globe earth and refusal to see reality is more proof that the globe earth is a religion with gravity as its god.   If the powers that be can brainwash people into thinking the globe earth is real they can brainwash people to believe 9/11 was committed by a bunch of ignorant goat herders. 
NASA:  Faking space for over 50 years.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2016, 10:34:26 AM »
Trad, you still haven't answered my question,

http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=1067.msg36967#msg36967

Edit: Spelling
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:37:15 AM by bknight »
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2016, 10:39:57 AM »
Your blind defense of the globe earth and refusal to see reality is more proof that the globe earth is a religion with gravity as its god.   If the powers that be can brainwash people into thinking the globe earth is real they can brainwash people to believe 9/11 was committed by a bunch of ignorant goat herders.
Which you have yet to give any motive for beyond vague hand waving about 'power and money' with no explanation how creating a globe Earth delusion does that.
The Apollo hoax conspiracy theory has a better motive, show up the Soviets, though it is still discredited by the fact that, if the US cared enough to hoax, the USSR would care enough to reveal the hoax, and that going would fulfil the same goals with far less risk of political suicide.
It doesn't take a lot of  knowledge to learn to fly a plane well enough to crash it into something (just ask the late Imperial Japanese air force) and killing people with knives in close quarters is not exactly rocket science.
You are just being a racist little shit stain, which, given your other intellectual crimes, is hardly surprising.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2016, 10:53:49 AM »

A bunch of ignorant goat herders with pilots licences and (for some) advanced degrees.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.