Author Topic: Good books about the moon landings hoax?  (Read 354017 times)

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
Re: Good books about the moon landings hoax?
« Reply #810 on: October 02, 2014, 12:28:58 PM »
Well, Mr Burns?  We've shown that you're no sort of expert on space travel, and you admitted that in fact it was not any part of your education.  And I've confirmed with the course that you did not play there in 1969 or ever.  In light of that, please explain exactly in what way you "stand by" your book.

Jockndoris, any honest, sane or intelligent person making the claims you are would want to respond to that paragraph, so it will be no surprise when you don't.
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline Dr_Orpheus

• Venus
« Reply #811 on: October 02, 2014, 12:41:57 PM »
Which, ultimately, was not always needed.  On his Gemini 9A mission, Aldrin proved what he had written in his thesis, namely that line-of-sight and a few computations he could do on his slide rule in the cockpit were all that were needed to rendezvous.

Don't you mean Gemini 12? Stafford and Cernan were prime crew for 9A.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #812 on: October 02, 2014, 12:46:09 PM »
Yeah, that mission.  ;D  I think Aldrin was the backup for 9A.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #813 on: October 02, 2014, 12:50:46 PM »
So, I am idly wondering what the excuse will be *assuming* Burns even acknowledges that there was no Earth - shattering confession tomorrow?

1-5 are out of the question because according to Burns the "embargo" ended with Armstrong's death.  Hence Armstrong was allowed to tell Burns everything and Burns was allowed to publish it.  So no excuse is valid if it boils down to NASA resuming its alleged strong-arm tactics to keep the secret.

6 could happen, but in Burns' particular ... (idiom, sir?) ... yes, idiom, he'll invent some ghost visit or time-travel episode for his deus ex machina explanation of how "properly" to interpret Aldrin's statements.

Offline Dr_Orpheus

• Venus
« Reply #814 on: October 02, 2014, 01:03:43 PM »
Yeah, that mission.  ;D  I think Aldrin was the backup for 9A.

See, Mr. Burns, Jay admitted that he made a mistake.  That's an example that you might want  to emulate.  Granted, Jay makes mistakes regarding space travel, far, far, far less frequently than you do.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #815 on: October 02, 2014, 03:43:30 PM »
1-5 are out of the question because according to Burns the "embargo" ended with Armstrong's death.  Hence Armstrong was allowed to tell Burns everything and Burns was allowed to publish it.  So no excuse is valid if it boils down to NASA resuming its alleged strong-arm tactics to keep the secret.

6 could happen, but in Burns' particular ... (idiom, sir?) ... yes, idiom, he'll invent some ghost visit or time-travel episode for his deus ex machina explanation of how "properly" to interpret Aldrin's statements.

He'll either do a stealth flounce or just plain ignore the fact that there will be no "confession".  After all,  both Burns and his paramour Septic_UK have a habit of ignoring questions (which is why I personally think that all they are doing is trolling).

Hey, Burns...are you passing up on the chance to make a quick £1000???. D'ya see, the problem that you have made for yourself is that you've made a prediction and set a date for it. The second mistake is that you've set the date so close that anyone that reads this thread will remember it. Unless a wormhole opens up and an Aldrin from an alternative Universe (one where the Moon landings were faked) drops into a Sky studio, then there is zero chance of any confession tomorrow. You should learn from the loons that are Jehova's Witnesses...they had an unhappy knack of predicting the end of the World and getting it wrong. They eventually learned to say that the World will end "soon". Nice and nebulous and easy to swallow for the hard-of-thinking.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #816 on: October 02, 2014, 03:54:44 PM »
(which is why I personally think that all they are doing is trolling).

Which is the conclusion I came to nearly two weeks ago.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #817 on: October 02, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »
(which is why I personally think that all they are doing is trolling).

Which is the conclusion I came to nearly two weeks ago.

I had that conclusion on page 2. It was a little presumptive, but turns out to be quite correct.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #818 on: October 02, 2014, 05:11:06 PM »

I had that conclusion on page 2. It was a little presumptive, but turns out to be quite correct.

It seems to be a presumption we can make even before they arrive. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #819 on: October 02, 2014, 05:20:22 PM »
Long gone seem to be the days when hoax claimants actually would stand up for their claims.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #820 on: October 02, 2014, 05:36:39 PM »
Long gone seem to be the days when hoax claimants actually would stand up for their claims.
I suppose that means we have done our work well.  At least to the extent the work has played its part.   Still its nice to be able to do some ghost busting now and then.  Besides who else ya gonna call? 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #821 on: October 03, 2014, 06:25:25 AM »
There is as much chance of Aldrin admitting a hoax as there is of the Sun exploding today.  NONE.

Actually, he already has.  Maybe this Burns fellow is onto something...   

Buzz Aldrin Admits To History's Greatest Prank

http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-highlight-buzz-aldrin-correction

Great. I love Aldrin and his sense of humour (and his boxing skills  ;D)

And I'm sure there'll be enough hoaxies, taking this as proof for their beliefs
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #822 on: October 03, 2014, 06:28:59 AM »

Buzz will be in Germany this weekend,

http://buzzaldrin.com/buzz-to-receive-the-distinguished-steiger-award/

If Jock could cross the channel and ask him about this, I'll bring a walking stick (just in case his hook is no longer up to the task) and the camera...

Thanks for the link. I'm from Germany and Dortmund is only a few kilometres away. I hope to be lucky enough getting a ticket. And maybe a dream comes true to talk to Buzz.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #823 on: October 03, 2014, 06:31:05 AM »
Anyone remember that episode of Frasier with John Glenn?
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #824 on: October 03, 2014, 06:38:28 AM »
Anyone remember that episode of Frasier with John Glenn?

This one?