Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 635499 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Radiation
« Reply #1380 on: April 07, 2018, 07:36:16 PM »
Tim.  What would it take to get you to say the actual words, "I don't understand"?  About anything?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #1381 on: April 07, 2018, 07:36:24 PM »
We know that the reported range for the apollo missions during solar cycle 20 was 2.4 mgy/day to 6 mgy/day.

Tim, wat exactly do you understand by the word 'average'? You keep citing this range but the article you pulled it from only ever calls the 2.4mGy/day value an average. Why do you insist on referring to it as the minimum? Average and minimum are not synonyms. I am genuinely utterly at a loss to explain this. Can you tell us why you think they mean the same thing?
You have no problem with using the averages of the dosimeter readings so why would you have a problem with NASA establishing an expected range of radiation based on averages?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1382 on: April 07, 2018, 07:39:04 PM »
Let's work with 1/10th mission dosage.  We know that the reported range for the apollo missions during solar cycle 20 was 2.4 mgy/day to 6 mgy/day.  Now 1/10 of .22 mgy/day is .022.  Now if we add 1.35 times .24 we get .324 mgy/day while in lunar orbit assuming they spent two days in lunar orbit or on the surface of the moon you can see the total mission dosage comes up short, don't you think?
Your made up numbers are made up. What part of that do you not comprehend?

No, let's work with the actual data.
Sure and let's toss the whole cloth you simply made up

Your values for their exposures have been shown to be inconsistent with the data you did use, and irrelevant as they were from either average doses over a long time span, or taken from measurements of less intense solar cycle.  Try again. 
What, we should all chuck the actual measured values just on your sat so? get bent. The values were measured. Deal with it without your invented nonsense.

The actual data from Apollo is taken from their dosimeters.  Their dosimeters (as long as they functioned properly, and they would know this during their read-out) are their official, legal record for the exposure received.  An ex-nuc should already know this.
That is hilariously toast.

To rein in your Gish Gallop, have you changed your opinion? Or are you going to jump from topic to topic like all of the cranks before you? Are you conceding that you cannot refute the  graph issue? or are you simply going to pretend it never happened?

Enquiring minds want to know.
That is like defining a word by using the word.  No, if you truly want to prove the deception you can't use the liars words.  You have to corroborate the data external to the claim.  Show me the corroborating data for the apollo claims.

No, that is how things work.  If you accept the instruments aboard the radiation probes are accurate, you need to also accept that the dosimeters are accurate.  In fact they are considered more accurate overall, as this is why they are used for the legal tally of received dose.  You cannot claim one instrument works and another does not with nothing more than your own ignorance as reasoning.

You are the one who thinks their doses were too low.  Everything I have seen, INCLUDING your own source material, has not supported your position.  The data we do have is consistent with every known factor that we know can modulate those dose rates.  You refuse to accept this, and have offered NOTHING that has held up to scrutiny, but that is not my problem.  YOU made the accusation.  YOU support it, or just maybe have the integrity to admit you don't have any collaborating evidence.
I think the dosimeters are accurate and reflect and LEO mission.  If the apollo truly made a lunar transit then the available data external to the mission report should corroborate it.  It doesn't.  You could silence me by showing and NASA statement anywhere that calls out a cislunar background radiation of less than .24 mgy/day.  Show me that one little piece of data and I will apologize to the lot of you and be on my merry way.  Put your data where your mouth is.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #1383 on: April 07, 2018, 07:39:40 PM »
Tim.  What would it take to get you to say the actual words, "I don't understand"?  About anything?
I don't understand why anyone who finished high school doesn't know the difference between an arithmetic scale and a logarithmic scale.  I don't understand how anyone can believe you can make a lunar transit  at .22 mgy/day and finally I don't understand why anyone could support the deception in face of such overwhelming evidence.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #1384 on: April 07, 2018, 07:43:50 PM »
I don't want to be the one to gloat but I see no one accepted my challenge to put their data where their mouth is.  Come on, send the loud mouth packing.  Put him in his place.  Teach him humility.  Produce the data!

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1385 on: April 07, 2018, 07:47:39 PM »
I don't understand why anyone who finished high school doesn't know the difference between an arithmetic scale and a logarithmic scale.
Really? So why can you not?
I don't understand how anyone can believe you can make a lunar transit  at .22 mgy/day
I cannot concieve of anyone who can display such ignorance.

and finally I don't understand why anyone could support the deception in face of such overwhelming evidence.
Yet you have failed to present any evidence of such. Strange, no?

You claim a frankly insane conspiracy on the basis of no evidence at all and expect everyone to fall over. Tough luck.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1386 on: April 07, 2018, 07:48:31 PM »
I don't want to be the one to gloat but I see no one accepted my challenge to put their data where their mouth is.  Come on, send the loud mouth packing.  Put him in his place.  Teach him humility.  Produce the data!
Lie.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1387 on: April 07, 2018, 07:53:44 PM »
I don't understand why anyone who finished high school doesn't know the difference between an arithmetic scale and a logarithmic scale.  I don't understand how anyone can believe you can make a lunar transit  at .22 mgy/day and finally I don't understand why anyone could support the deception in face of such overwhelming evidence.
But you clearly do not. Are we to conclude that you couldn't graduate high school? Are you that LCD?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1388 on: April 07, 2018, 08:01:44 PM »
I don't want to be the one to gloat but I see no one accepted my challenge to put their data where their mouth is.[
Lie. You simply didn't read anything.
Come on, send the loud mouth packing.  Put him in his place.  Teach him humility.  Produce the data!
Yes that is what you really want. Then you can pretend that you were banned for whatever reason you invent out of your butt. Personally, I hope you are not banned. Your crankery is amusing and shows others the wingnuttery of Apollo Hoax nuts. So crack on in my book, you are a laugh a minute.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #1389 on: April 07, 2018, 08:18:23 PM »
I don't want to be the one to gloat but I see no one accepted my challenge to put their data where their mouth is.[
Come on, send the loud mouth packing.  Put him in his place.  Teach him humility.  Produce the data!
Yes that is what you really want. Then you can pretend that you were banned for whatever reason you invent out of your butt. Personally, I hope you are not banned. Your crankery is amusing and shows others the wingnuttery of Apollo Hoax nuts. So crack on in my book, you are a laugh a minute.

What I really want is to be proven wrong.  It is lonely being the smartest man in any group.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:30:34 PM by timfinch »

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #1390 on: April 07, 2018, 08:29:21 PM »

What I really want is to be proven wrong.  It is lonely be the smartest man in any group.

Again,  you need to cite your sources.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #1391 on: April 07, 2018, 08:31:58 PM »

What I really want is to be proven wrong.  It is lonely be the smartest man in any group.

Or you could show me the error of my ways.  It only takes one data point.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1392 on: April 07, 2018, 08:34:01 PM »

Super. You have been proven wrong.

But that is not what you want in any way shape or form. When you were proven to be wrong, you immediately launched the comical Gish Gallop.

At this point, you are simply a charicture crank. And you have no way out of that.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1393 on: April 07, 2018, 08:36:21 PM »

Or you could show me the error of my ways.  It only takes one data point.
We did. You didn't care. By now, I am unsure if you could find your own butt.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1394 on: April 07, 2018, 08:38:14 PM »

What I really want is to be proven wrong.  It is lonely being the smartest man in any group.
I am certain that such a thing has never happened.