Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 635892 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: Radiation
« Reply #1635 on: April 08, 2018, 03:41:24 PM »
Jeez, now I want to do a whole YouTube thing--"Explaining Concepts to My Four-Year-Old."  I'm sure Simon can get his head around "calculated risk."
Well, my two are teens. I can't post what they think. They are egging me on to enter total rant mode.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #1636 on: April 08, 2018, 03:41:35 PM »
So, no one wants to discuss real issues?  Semantics, phrasing and wording are so much more interesting?  I'll monitor the thread over the next week and if I detect a pulse of intelligence, I might stop in and say hello.  I have better things to do with my time.

I tried.  I tried to get you to understand that "I don't know how they faked it, but they must have, because my understanding of [thing] proves that it was faked" is less likely than "I don't understand how they did [thing]," but you're not getting that.  Unlike you, I won't ascribe that to any cognitive malfunction.  Frankly, I just don't think you want to admit you're wrong.
I couldn't leave this one uncommented upon.  Your positions is the same as mine.  You say it couldn't be faked because I can't imagine how they would fake a whole list of items and I say it must be fake because it cannot be done using the parameters provided.  We both take our position on a belief that neither can prove.  Well I can prove mine so we are a little alike.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1637 on: April 08, 2018, 03:44:18 PM »
Please explain the government financing part of this article:  https://www.space.com/35850-spacex-private-moon-flight-nasa-reaction.html

So if this succeeds, you'll admit that Apollo was real?  That you've been mistaken about the radiation issues?  That it's hardly a "magic trick" to produce all the other stuff, and that you are incredibly ignorant of the relevant issues to claim it is?  That no government in the world has budgeted for a manned lunar mission since Apollo, and that it's the only reason there have been no manned lunar missions?
It can't be that expensive if a private enterprise can make an adequate profit by charging two passengers a million each.  I told you what it would take to convince me.  Are you suffering from a short term memory disorder?
So now your claim is that some private enterprise is offering moon trips for  2 million.

OK. Maybe that happens on Planet Sausage, but here on Earth not so much. There have been a few "Space Tourists", a very few. They hitched rides on rockets that were going anyway with or without them. On top of that the cost was 20-40 million just to rent a chair.

Once again, your head has married your butt.
Do you ever read the articles or you simply winging your way through this?
Oh yes. The difference is that I read it and understood it. You did not because as established up thread, you have challenges in that arena.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #1638 on: April 08, 2018, 03:45:17 PM »
Jeez, now I want to do a whole YouTube thing--"Explaining Concepts to My Four-Year-Old."  I'm sure Simon can get his head around "calculated risk."

I'd watch that!

I had the chance to explain bases to my nephew back when he was five or six, enough where he grasped the joke about there being "10" kinds of of people in the world (those who understand binary and those who don't.)

I can't take the credit, though. Smart kid. He came close to going for maths when he hit University.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #1639 on: April 08, 2018, 03:45:21 PM »
The problem is a bit more complex than demonstrating that values fluctuate around an average

We know, we told you that... and it's taken you this long to finally admit that an average is not the way to go.

That goes without saying.

Only once we spent 20 millions posts telling you.

The problem is find a window to encompass the duration of a mission that is significantly below average and then repeating such a feat 7 more times.  Remember GCR background radiation is only a portion of the overall radiation.

You set the boundary of below 0.22 mGr/day, that was your criterion. You chose this from Apollo 11 as it was the smallest number. Let's not forget that the other missions had greater average doses. So by your own criteria, the GCR dose fall below those values more frequently.

We've shown this to be the case with the CRaTER data, which is a less active cycle. Case closed in accord with your own criteria.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:50:45 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1640 on: April 08, 2018, 03:45:31 PM »
So, no one wants to discuss real issues?  Semantics, phrasing and wording are so much more interesting?  I'll monitor the thread over the next week and if I detect a pulse of intelligence, I might stop in and say hello.  I have better things to do with my time.

I tried.  I tried to get you to understand that "I don't know how they faked it, but they must have, because my understanding of [thing] proves that it was faked" is less likely than "I don't understand how they did [thing]," but you're not getting that.  Unlike you, I won't ascribe that to any cognitive malfunction.  Frankly, I just don't think you want to admit you're wrong.
I couldn't leave this one uncommented upon.  Your positions is the same as mine.  You say it couldn't be faked because I can't imagine how they would fake a whole list of items and I say it must be fake because it cannot be done using the parameters provided.  We both take our position on a belief that neither can prove.  Well I can prove mine so we are a little alike.

No, see, I do understand the issues.  You cannot get around the fact that they could not have stayed in LEO, because people all over the world would have been able to see it.  It really is that simple.  If you can't explain that, the more logical explanation is that you are wrong about the radiation.  My knowledge of radiation is scanty.  I admit that, and I take the word of experts all over the world, in every country, who use Apollo data.  My knowledge of "people can see a thing" is pretty good, though.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1641 on: April 08, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »

I'd watch that!

I had the chance to explain bases to my nephew back when he was five or six, enough where he grasped the joke about there being "10" kinds of of people in the world (those who understand binary and those who don't.)

I can't take the credit, though. Smart kid. He came close to going for maths when he hit University.

He's already a YouTube star! 
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1642 on: April 08, 2018, 03:48:51 PM »

Wrong again. We have evidence and you don't. I can certainly "imagine" how it could be faked, but that just gives rise to a plethora of other intractable problems for the hoax proponents. For example, one cannot fake the transmissions from the modules unless one proposes that the "ebil gubmint" can somehow overturn physics.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #1643 on: April 08, 2018, 03:48:57 PM »
It should be unless there aren't enough squares with all the other willfully ignorant claims.

The Bingo Card could be the size of a small tennis court.  :o
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1644 on: April 08, 2018, 03:51:04 PM »
deleted

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1645 on: April 08, 2018, 03:51:13 PM »
The Bingo Card could be the size of a small tennis court.  :o

There would just be a ton of possible Bingo cards.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #1646 on: April 08, 2018, 03:52:11 PM »

That's why computer scientists get Christmas and Halloween confused, as OCT31 = DEC25

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #1647 on: April 08, 2018, 03:52:19 PM »

Terminology is not semantics. Using the wrong terms is as fatal to doing the math as getting the exponent wrong. You can't simple interchange "mass" and "weight" or "speed" and "acceleration" and think you are actually getting a result.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #1648 on: April 08, 2018, 03:54:37 PM »
Terminology is not semantics. Using the wrong terms is as fatal to doing the math as getting the exponent wrong. You can't simple interchange "mass" and "weight" or "speed" and "acceleration" and think you are actually getting a result.

...or say the dust is filled with radioactive alpha particles. Who even says that in physics?

It was either you, Zakalwe or nomuse that used that phrase 'words have meanings.' It's really clear that if the claimant cannot access the terminology, then they highly unlikely to proficient in the field.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #1649 on: April 08, 2018, 03:55:21 PM »
Maybe this will solve the issue for all except Abaddon who is mentally challenged.

Tim,

I have banned you for 5 days for trolling and insults like the one quoted above. Improve your attitude or don't bother coming back.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)