Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 635623 times)

Offline benparry

• Mars
Re: Radiation
« Reply #1725 on: April 10, 2018, 02:15:38 AM »
for a group of people who claim most hoax believers jump to a conclusion quickly you seem to have .....

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #1726 on: April 10, 2018, 03:24:44 AM »
Hey guys I have a question about radiation which stems from a discussion I have had with a guy on a Facebook group. He contends that the daily dose of radiation from a LEO mission should be magnitudes lower than the daily disease of any of the Apollo lunar missions. He comments that with the VAN protecting us etc and the fact that radiation outside of this and on the surface of the moon is much higher than it is inside the VAN for LEO missions why are the daily dose inside the LEO missions not much lower than the moon missions
This is all oddly like your trajectory on cosmoquest. And tim's. Odd that.

ETA: Read this. http://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthread.php?166821-Moon-Landing-Question

and tell me it isn't some playbook.

abaddan please see my comments just above. its exactly the same.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #1727 on: April 10, 2018, 04:38:12 AM »
cosmoquest is a forum I am also a member of however for anybody who is a member there you will recall the reason why tim stopped debating there is because he was banned.

No he wasn't. He 'bowed out' because, as here, he failed utterly to understand any of the answers given to him. His profile on cosmoquest shows he still visits even if he doesn't post. His last activity was a couple of days ago.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #1728 on: April 10, 2018, 04:46:04 AM »
for a group of people who claim most hoax believers jump to a conclusion quickly you seem to have .....

If we have done you an injustice then apologies are offered. However, as you may have gathered from the comments here and from reading this board, we often see this routine from HBs. The 'I'm asking for a friend' has appeared before, the creation of multiple accounts to provide apparent discussion/antagonism/support has appeared before, and when the same thing happens on multiple forums alarm bells start ringing. Another one that makes the HB-sense tingle is that you say you couldn't debunk his radiation argument, despite it being quite soundly debunked a few months ago on cosmoquest. Did that debunking fall short for you? Did you somehow expect Tim to behave differently on this forum than he did there?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #1729 on: April 10, 2018, 05:09:44 AM »
Hey Jason thanks for your reply. with with regards to the apologies none are necesary my friend. i just didnt want people to get the wrong end of the stick. with regard to Tim's profile on cosmoquest i am pretty sure at some point he was banned. i'm not saying it hasnt been released now. if so then no worries. with regard to me being able as i have said my knowledge was and still is limited. i have indeed learnt a lot from yourself and luke amongst others. when i say i was unable i meant i, at times, didnt understand what you were saying and therefore didnt feel completley confident in my thoughts. i believe Tim is wrong because he has simplfied this too much. his choice to compare 2 different missions which differ in vehicle, length of time taken etc plus different routes in space etc is why he is wrong however you guys have spent many pages explaining this in painstaking detail.

yes i agree that HB will try anything to prove their points. i was debating just last night with a gent who said the albedo factor of earth and the moon were x. i asked him why this made a difference and heard nothing more on the topic. he had just thrown that it to try to catch me out. another example of this was when a gent tried to tell me he couldnt believe 18 tonnes of an LM floated on down to the moon. when i pointed out his mistake (courtesy of Bob Braeunig) i again didnt get a response. i have asked quite a few questions on here which have mostly been generated by my chats on facebook groups. every time you guys have provided a simple answer which has always helped me.

one final point. if you look back over the last hundred or so pages on this thread you will see that i have mentioned the cosmoquest forum chat with tim. if i was trying to hide clearly i wouldnt do this.

anyway thanks again jason for the comments.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #1730 on: April 10, 2018, 05:14:54 AM »
Thanks for the clarification benparry.
I apologise for any offence. As Jason has said the old "asking for a friend" theme has been used before, as has multiple sock-puppet accounts to either set the stage or support a hoaxie's claims.
If I got the wrong end of the stick then I unreservedly apologise.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #1731 on: April 10, 2018, 05:20:26 AM »
I apologise for any offence. As Jason has said the old "asking for a friend" theme has been used before, as has multiple sock-puppet accounts to either set the stage or support a hoaxie's claims.

no need to my friend. we are all friends here. i understand the sock puppet issue. i suppose it could be annoying and i suppose for those who have done this a long time quite predictable.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1732 on: April 10, 2018, 07:06:07 AM »

no need to my friend. we are all friends here. i understand the sock puppet issue. i suppose it could be annoying and i suppose for those who have done this a long time quite predictable.

I have asked before and I'll ask again link the Facebook group you debated with tim
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #1733 on: April 10, 2018, 07:25:16 AM »

I have asked before and I'll ask again link the Facebook group you debated with tim

black knight and i'm sure i have given this answer before but i will give it again. i have come out of quite a few groups on facebook including the manned lunar landing hoax. you can see many posts by me on there. however i will for sure ask Tim which one he is a member of and i will link that group. if you like i can link both mine and tims facebook profile here. if you like i can link facebook groups which i have debated in if you like. anything to alay your fears.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1734 on: April 10, 2018, 07:33:37 AM »

black knight and i'm sure i have given this answer before but i will give it again. i have come out of quite a few groups on facebook including the manned lunar landing hoax. you can see many posts by me on there. however i will for sure ask Tim which one he is a member of and i will link that group. if you like i can link both mine and tims facebook profile here. if you like i can link facebook groups which i have debated in if you like. anything to alay your fears.
Yes you have indicated that you dropped out of them, but still I would appreciate a link, I searched Facebook last week and could find neither you or tim in discussions.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #1735 on: April 10, 2018, 07:41:34 AM »

Yes you have indicated that you dropped out of them, but still I would appreciate a link, I searched Facebook last week and could find neither you or tim in discussions.

just on the topic. do you know how to share a messenger link. i added Tim on messenger some time in 2017 so before that is where you will find the brief chat in the group (when i find it). 99 percent of our chat is in a messenger chat. do you know Bknight how to share a messenger feed. also if you look for Manned Lunar Landing Hoax you will find my name in there quite a few times. you wont find Tim's he wasnt a member there.  however you will clearly see me arguing for the landings. now if you think Tim believes they are real then clearly are mistaken. so if we are the same person i argue for and he against which doesnt make sense. also for the same reason why would we work together.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #1736 on: April 10, 2018, 07:48:38 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1075708332491654/

No members of the relevant names.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #1737 on: April 10, 2018, 07:58:32 AM »

Allen F i will say again for your benefit. i have come out of many groups on facebook. you are correct. i am no longer a member there.

however if you give me 2 minutes i will share a link here of a group i am a member of.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #1738 on: April 10, 2018, 08:02:30 AM »

ok Allen F if you search for a group called 'I believe that the moon landing was fake (therefore i am a total cretin) you will find me in there. various comments.

also if you search for 'were the moon landings FAKED' you will find me in there.

also if you search for 'Moon landing Conspriracy' you will find me in there.

those are 3 facebook groups which i am a member of. i do not know which groups Tim is currently a member of as i am not friends with him on facebook. only on messenger. however (since he is based in america, i am in the UK) as soon as he sees my message asking him what the name of the group was, if he can remember (we started talking early 2017) i will share the name here.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #1739 on: April 10, 2018, 08:11:24 AM »

I guess by posting this, I'm getting involved in the debate. It's not really a debate that I want to be involved in.

I'm really beside myself that we are asking people to prove who they are and offer links to their personal information on FB. Most of us here go by internet names, and I'm guessing that the reason is to afford oneself and families some degree of anonymity.

I went through a time on YT where my personal details were actively sought by Jarrah, Dwayne Damon and others, and it was very uncomfortable. I know of an individual that helps with ALSJ who was dealt with a far harsher hand by Dwayne Damon once that individual's information had become public. I'm not suggesting that anyone here would use personal information for nefarious means, as the individuals here are of good character. However, I do question the precedent we are setting.

I'm going to put forward a scenario here. I played a sophomoric joke on Dwayne and Jarrah once. By chance there was someone of the name M Hunt at a British University that fitted my profile. That lecturer was named and shamed by Jarrah, as he and Dwayne did no understand the joke. Now, say you are correct and that Ben and Tim are the same person, but Tim has played a *clever card* and used the identity of someone on FB for his pilot-fish. How would the real Ben Parry feel if he was caught up in this?

Let's play the cards presented at this forum. If others want to play by dishonest tactics, then let them. We've tried debating the points with whomever timfinch happens to be, and there is a record of his obfuscation here for all to see.   
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:24:10 AM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch