Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 635607 times)

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
Re: Radiation
« Reply #2730 on: April 22, 2018, 12:52:10 AM »
On the surface it would seem if the environment the equipment was in was safe for people then the equipment itself would be safe from radiation.  I can't imagine radiation that could harm equipment is safe for people.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #2731 on: April 22, 2018, 12:54:06 AM »
People heal. Electronics don't.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2732 on: April 22, 2018, 12:55:38 AM »
Aaaaaannnnd we're back to your initial statement - the misread graph.
Why do you insist I misread the graph.  What did you read that I missed?  If you were to check, I actually came up with .24 not from a graph but from a statement in a NASA article.  The Crater graph has a median value of .23 mgy/day.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #2733 on: April 22, 2018, 01:03:44 AM »
If you were to check, I actually came up with .24 not from a graph but from a statement in a NASA article.

Apologies but could you give me a link to that reference? The NASA statement, that is.

Thank you!

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2734 on: April 22, 2018, 01:17:04 AM »
If you were to check, I actually came up with .24 not from a graph but from a statement in a NASA article.

Apologies but could you give me a link to that reference? The NASA statement, that is.

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to track it down.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2735 on: April 22, 2018, 01:25:14 AM »

Thank you!

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/tnD7080RadProtect.pdf

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #2736 on: April 22, 2018, 01:43:24 AM »
Many thanks.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #2737 on: April 22, 2018, 01:55:25 AM »
Sorry but I can't find any reference to .24 mgy/day in the text... I must have missed it. Can you tell me which page / para it is on? Thanks!

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #2738 on: April 22, 2018, 01:57:58 AM »

3d assembly has nothing to do with 2d visualization.  It is all information that if not properly processed is useless.

What does this even mean. It sounds like you just have to say something to look smart, even if it doesn't make any sense.

And why are you trumping 2D visualization? It is a great tool...for making charts. It is a lossy process. Like the elegant art of, say, subway maps, it highlights certain information of interest by removing other data from the presentation.

Building something from a perspective or even orthogonal view is a fool's game. You need ALL the data. You need at least three views. Your Flatland view returns only circles when you should be seeing spheres.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #2739 on: April 22, 2018, 02:01:05 AM »
So much of our existence is learned and not real.  The color blue did not exist until about 4 hundred years ago.  the sky used to be clear until the color blue was invented and learned.

Where did you learn physics. Yowtch!

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2740 on: April 22, 2018, 02:02:04 AM »

3d assembly has nothing to do with 2d visualization.  It is all information that if not properly processed is useless.

What does this even mean. It sounds like you just have to say something to look smart, even if it doesn't make any sense.

And why are you trumping 2D visualization? It is a great tool...for making charts. It is a lossy process. Like the elegant art of, say, subway maps, it highlights certain information of interest by removing other data from the presentation.

Building something from a perspective or even orthogonal view is a fool's game. You need ALL the data. You need at least three views. Your Flatland view returns only circles when you should be seeing spheres.

Read this and then we will talk.   http://www.iflscience.com/physics/2d-people-looking-out-3d-world/

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #2741 on: April 22, 2018, 02:04:18 AM »
Read Flatland. A Square says it better than I could.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #2742 on: April 22, 2018, 02:05:33 AM »
Sorry but I can't find any reference to .24 mgy/day in the text... I must have missed it. Can you tell me which page / para it is on? Thanks!

He's adding up the millirad per hour value into a daily rate and converting to milligrays.

He's pretending that it is specific to the Apollo 11 mission, when it is no such thing, and is not bothering to find out the source of the original value.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #2743 on: April 22, 2018, 02:05:47 AM »
Wow.  Two paragraphs in and the article you quoted disagrees with you. When you google this stuff, do you even bother to read it first?

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #2744 on: April 22, 2018, 02:08:05 AM »
Here's a simple one.....a Hologram presents an illusion of depth, that is, a 3D world. If as you claim this is in innate quality of 2D, WHY DON'T ALL PICTURES DO IT? Why are Holograms rare?