Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 635407 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Radiation
« Reply #2865 on: April 22, 2018, 10:19:42 PM »
Tim has a very simplistic view of the VABs.

Tim has a very simplistic view of everything.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2866 on: April 22, 2018, 10:56:53 PM »
Wahey. Things move fast. AIUI tim has already attempted a sock. I hope that LO does not ban tim, because it is a service to humanity to illustrate how utterly bovine these claims really are. Tim is likely not so dim as his claims or internet persona claims to be.  It is, to some extent, a responsibility on everyone here to make plain to casual readers exactly how wrong the nonsense claims are. I want to live in a world where truth has more value than lies, where science has more value than superstition, where facts carry more weight than baloney.

That world will never exist unless honest people step up and fight for it. So I do.

Oh, hi, ben, any opinion? No?

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #2867 on: April 22, 2018, 11:38:09 PM »
I am not your research boy or your pupil.  I have no obligation to demonstrate anything to you.  I have presented evidence of my position and all you can do is question my understanding of said evidence.  You refuse to accept the evidence or provide contradictory evidence to invalidate it.  All your time is spent in futile attempts to deflect or in obsequios displays to your fellow sycophants.  There is not a single one of you deserving of my time.  Think of me when your falsehoods can no longer be sustained by your diversion and your deceit.  You know I will be smiling.  Tim out!  Losers....

I must say, that I am ashamed of myself (somewhat).  For a troll, who is sustained by feeding off the frustration of others, has just choked on his own.  I must admit I felt more than some satisfaction in that realization, and I really don't like to think of myself that way (but it is what it is).  Instead, I prefer to keep my emotions in a lower energy field, and wish I would have started with the more subdued sentiment that currently prevails:  In the immortal words of Mr. T, "I pity the fool!"
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2868 on: April 23, 2018, 01:57:25 AM »
Wahey. Things move fast. AIUI tim has already attempted a sock. I hope that LO does not ban tim, because it is a service to humanity to illustrate how utterly bovine these claims really are. Tim is likely not so dim as his claims or internet persona claims to be.  It is, to some extent, a responsibility on everyone here to make plain to casual readers exactly how wrong the nonsense claims are. I want to live in a world where truth has more value than lies, where science has more value than superstition, where facts carry more weight than baloney.

That world will never exist unless honest people step up and fight for it. So I do.

Oh, hi, ben, any opinion? No?

I have no opinion abiddon. If Tim has decided to go that's fine by me. Overdue in my opinion. I have already blocked him of fb.

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #2869 on: April 23, 2018, 02:47:55 AM »
benparry, Hi.  I just wanted to say that from my limited involvement, it appears that any assumption directed at you and your relationship (or ex-relationship, as it seems to now stand) with timfinch are circumstantial, at best.  I like to see fairly solid evidence, before I claim a conclusion.  There is allowance for conjecture prior to that, but it must be emphasized that conjecture is purely brainstorming until evidence provides direction.  However, as a friendly nudge, I would also like to point out that the purposeful misspelling of someone's name (as in abiddon, rather than Abbadon) can be considered rude and derogatory.  I believe this was unintentional on your part, as I am notoriously bad at spelling myself (thank goodness for spellcheck).

Regardless, I hope you continue to try to learn and do the right thing(s).  That's MY own plan, anyway.  Cheers!
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2870 on: April 23, 2018, 03:21:30 AM »
benparry, Hi.  I just wanted to say that from my limited involvement, it appears that any assumption directed at you and your relationship (or ex-relationship, as it seems to now stand) with timfinch are circumstantial, at best.  I like to see fairly solid evidence, before I claim a conclusion.  There is allowance for conjecture prior to that, but it must be emphasized that conjecture is purely brainstorming until evidence provides direction.  However, as a friendly nudge, I would also like to point out that the purposeful misspelling of someone's name (as in abiddon, rather than Abbadon) can be considered rude and derogatory.  I believe this was unintentional on your part, as I am notoriously bad at spelling myself (thank goodness for spellcheck).

Regardless, I hope you continue to try to learn and do the right thing(s).  That's MY own plan, anyway.  Cheers!

Hi MBDK

yes i have been shown a few times my spelling is poor and i have spelt Abbadon's name wrong twice now lol

my interest in apollo go's way past the radiation issue and i have learnt a lot both from this thread and others here and other websites.

as i said the only reason i originally asked here is because i was unable to completley refute Tim's claims on my own. this was mainly because of lack of understanding of the material.

many thanks also to you for any answers you may have provided.

Ben

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2871 on: April 23, 2018, 06:39:30 AM »
He will no doubt go back into his FB or YT claiming his voice of reason was shuttered and his beliefs were not disproved.  Therefore Apollo astronauts never left LEO  and the moon landings were faked.

ETA of course I have seen this with our friend Baker and the rest of you guys have probably seen more than that.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:41:14 AM by bknight »
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #2872 on: April 23, 2018, 07:22:57 AM »
He will no doubt go back into his FB or YT claiming his voice of reason was shuttered and his beliefs were not disproved.  Therefore Apollo astronauts never left LEO  and the moon landings were faked.

ETA of course I have seen this with our friend Baker and the rest of you guys have probably seen more than that.

In Baker's case, IIRC, he was mentally ill. Criminally mentally ill too.

Timfinch is more of your common-or-garden intellectual coward. he's too wedded to the idea of his intellectual prowess to ever consider that he may be incorrect. Ally that to a massive ego with an unhealthy does of sneering, then you have the recipe for someone that would rather run away than to admit an error.

Facebook of YouTube provides a "safe space" where these cowards can control the conversation and delete any comments that get a bit to close to the bone for them. They can only get an audience in an echo-chamber. 
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #2873 on: April 23, 2018, 11:19:14 AM »
His final comments were clearly aimed at getting a ban so he could carry on the same whining about not being allowed to speak freely.

We've had other members try that garbage Tim, you failed as badly at getting banned as you did winning your argument.

No-one here will lose any sleep over you finding out how wrong you are.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #2874 on: April 23, 2018, 12:58:57 PM »
And as for being Facebook friends with him, that implies having the slightest interest in interacting with him in day-to-day life.  I'd just end up blocking him on Facebook for being rude and tiresome.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2875 on: April 23, 2018, 01:14:05 PM »
And as for being Facebook friends with him, that implies having the slightest interest in interacting with him in day-to-day life.  I'd just end up blocking him on Facebook for being rude and tiresome.

Luckily I was only a messenger friend not actually Facebook

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #2876 on: April 23, 2018, 01:20:55 PM »
Indeed!  I have a very eclectic collection of friends on Facebook, from my various hobbies and interests, but I doubt I would have anything in common with Tim.  He doesn't seem amenable to discussion and debate, let alone light-hearted chit-chat  :)
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2877 on: April 23, 2018, 02:31:54 PM »
A little something to remember me by.  Deal with it.  And yes that is what an actual Logarithmic graph looks like.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 02:49:22 PM by timfinch »

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #2878 on: April 23, 2018, 02:39:09 PM »
Indeed!  I have a very eclectic collection of friends on Facebook, from my various hobbies and interests, but I doubt I would have anything in common with Tim.  He doesn't seem amenable to discussion and debate, let alone light-hearted chit-chat  :)

I have friends from all over the world, many of whom I've never met in person.  Actually, I was talking to a group of them about this Saturday night on our weekly script read, and they literally laughed out loud when I told them Tim's opinion that I just don't know enough about movies if I think it was impossible to fake the footage on the Moon now, since they're in my film discussion group.  I believe one or two of them are also in my historical discussion group, so we had a nice chat about how the Nixon argument doesn't hold water, either.

Offline Northern Lurker

• Earth
« Reply #2879 on: April 23, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
Sorry for joining late into discussion. Keeping up with this thread is a chore.

I have one question for Tim*: as a former nuc, can you tell me where the diesel fuel tank is in a nuclear sub and why it is in that exact place?

Lurky

*if he chooses to answer and LO allows that post.