Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 635473 times)

Offline jfb

• Mars
Re: Radiation
« Reply #3000 on: April 27, 2018, 02:10:02 PM »
He is wasting people's time.

Yes, and that is the entire point.  He is trolling, nerd-sniping, what have you, because that's how he has fun.  It's all about how getting as many other people riled up and frothing SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET as possible, because it's fun watching the monkeys dance.  Hell, he straight out admitted as much back on page 20 or something. 

Getting a thread this size on a site that's, no offense, as lightly trafficked as this one is quite the accomplishment. 

He's not a real HB.  He may or may not understand the material, but that's irrelevant - he doesn't care.  He knows how to push buttons, and that's all that matters. 

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #3001 on: April 27, 2018, 02:28:01 PM »
Yes, and that is the entire point.  He is trolling, nerd-sniping, what have you, because that's how he has fun.

It is the most likely explanation, I agree. I'm finding it hard to believe he is that dumb, given the way he has twisted and turned and argued every minute point to shift focus. He's pulled and pushed his opponents in different ways by remaining on the right side of polite (most of the time). His grandiose pomposity, vodka tonic moments and declarations of tired withdrawal to reconsider his position are injections on his part to suggest he may consider the views of others, and keep the debate alive. He draws a sense of willingness to listen with claims he lacks understanding and then starts all over again with invites for different explanations to the problem. His efforts to post images and versions of his understanding are there to draw more 'nerds' into his web. He creates a tempo with feigned absurdity.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #3002 on: April 27, 2018, 02:39:17 PM »
I actually reported one of my own posts last night to ask that the mods hold his feet to the fire about why they didn't just fake the data.

I noticed that you asked that question several time, and it was ignored several times.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #3003 on: April 27, 2018, 02:42:17 PM »
Sure, but it is much easier to nail him here than on CQ because...

A) we have much more lattitude here

And

B) On CQ if one doesn't follow the rules, the mods respond quickly and emphatically. The culture there is far more strict.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #3004 on: April 27, 2018, 02:45:19 PM »
Ben's last visit to CQ? 2017-Nov-21 01:08

Odd that.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #3005 on: April 27, 2018, 02:54:25 PM »
Ben's last visit here? Today.

I wonder given the commentary here about the thread on CQ why exactly he doesn't have any opinion here or there?

Most odd.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #3006 on: April 27, 2018, 03:07:58 PM »
I actually reported one of my own posts last night to ask that the mods hold his feet to the fire about why they didn't just fake the data.

I noticed that you asked that question several time, and it was ignored several times.

Well, he did say something about sending people to Guantanamo if they noticed the discrepancy.  Which is both wrong and not an answer.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #3007 on: April 27, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »
just a quick comment here for my friend Abbadon. I actually went on CQ a few days ago to see Tim's thread there but didn't stay long.

secondly and I really mean this. I have all throughout my membership here followed the rules. I have never insulted anybody or tried to run any threads. I have asked a question and received many answers.

Tim on several occasions broke the rules here and was reminded by a very many people that rules existed and that he should both follow them and follow the word of Lunar Orbit which is something I am very prepared to do.

may I cast your mind back Abbadon to a post by Lunar Orbit themselves In which he quite clearly instructed the participants to 'KNOCK OFF THE WITCH HUNT'.

are you refusing to comply with that direct order or do you think you are above every one here who has literally not carried on the ridiculous notion you are doing.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #3008 on: April 27, 2018, 03:13:54 PM »
Sure, but it is much easier to nail him here than on CQ because...

A) we have much more lattitude here

And

B) On CQ if one doesn't follow the rules, the mods respond quickly and emphatically. The culture there is far more strict.

Equally though, LO rightly stamps down quickly on racism, sexism, homophobia, inappropriate comment towards religious/cultural groups, offensive images; and puts a stop to more offensive conspiracy theories such as Sandy Hook and holohoax.

LO is slow to exercise the watch, moderation and ban hammers, but evidence and history is on his side. The claimant has always had every opportunity to articulate the case. It was around 2500 posts in this thread before moderation.

I feel this is right because this forum is dedicated to the Apollo hoax. Closing a thread rapidly for reasons other than rudeness or offence would be churlish and interpreted as censoring. CQ runs under a different remit and promotes mainstream science in the wider domain, so does operate under tighter rules.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:32:33 PM by Luke Pemberton »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3009 on: April 27, 2018, 03:54:09 PM »
The thread is re-opened for the time being.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #3010 on: April 27, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »
just a quick comment here for my friend Abbadon.
I am not your friend and you have yet to spell my name correctly.

I actually went on CQ a few days ago to see Tim's thread there but didn't stay long.
Nope. Your last visit to CQ was November 2017.

secondly and I really mean this. I have all throughout my membership here followed the rules. I have never insulted anybody or tried to run any threads. I have asked a question and received many answers.
Which is exactly what tandem socks do.

Tim on several occasions broke the rules here and was reminded by a very many people that rules existed and that he should both follow them and follow the word of Lunar Orbit which is something I am very prepared to do.
Sure. But surely you can acknowledge that it looks pretty bleak right now. Yes/No?

may I cast your mind back Abbadon to a post by Lunar Orbit themselves In which he quite clearly instructed the participants to 'KNOCK OFF THE WITCH HUNT'.
Sure. How many times is it now that you have intentionally spelt my handle wrong? Two more times in this post. It cannot be anything other than intentional at this stage. The name is in the bible.

are you refusing to comply with that direct order or do you think you are above every one here who has literally not carried on the ridiculous notion you are doing.
You really do not want to know what I really think. Just look at your own post. You conceded the incorrect spelling on one hand and then did it again in a single post. Twice. Do you not think that raises some honking red flags? And you still have not returned to CQ, I took a screen shot of it and Waybacked it, so you cannot wriggle out.

You are simply going to have to realise that respect is not a right, it is earned.
So far, you have failed to do so.

Sure, you don't like that much. But that is the reality of the internet. As I am at pains to tell my kids, anyone on the internet can represent themselves to be anything. The null is to assume they are not what they purport to be. Now, as it happens, a member may be heading my direction in the not too distant. If I can swing it, we will meet up in the flesh, as it were. It won't be my first time and certainly won't be my last. He/she may even meet my kids, or I his/hers depending upon logistics.

Despite that it has not yet happened, I would entrust my kids to the care of said member.
Want to know why? 

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #3011 on: April 27, 2018, 04:31:26 PM »

I actually went on CQ a few days ago to see Tim's thread there but didn't stay long.

Sure. But surely you can acknowledge that it looks pretty bleak right now. Yes/No?

Sure. How many times is it now that you have intentionally spelt my handle wrong? Two more times in this post. It cannot be anything other than intentional at this stage. The name is in the bible.

You really do not want to know what I really think. Just look at your own post. You conceded the incorrect spelling on one hand and then did it again in a single post. Twice. Do you not think that raises some honking red flags? And you still have not returned to CQ, I took a screen shot of it and Waybacked it, so you cannot wriggle out.

You are simply going to have to realise that respect is not a right, it is earned.

Sure, you don't like that much. But that is the reality of the internet. As I am at pains to tell my kids, anyone on the internet can represent themselves to be anything. The null is to assume they are not what they purport to be. Now, as it happens, a member may be heading my direction in the not too distant. If I can swing it, we will meet up in the flesh, as it were. It won't be my first time and certainly won't be my last. He/she may even meet my kids, or I his/hers depending upon logistics.

Despite that it has not yet happened, I would entrust my kids to the care of said member.
Want to know why?

first of all the name spelling was intentional as I am getting sick and tired of you.
second I did indeed go to CQ just didn't log in. don't jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.
third we are not tandem socks. I have done what is asked. I have no control over what over people who live on the other side of the world do.
fourth it only looks bleak to you because it is only you who insists on following this idea.
fifth the name spelling is nothing to do with a direct instruction from the sole manager of this site. do what he says.
finally it isn't my intention to gain anything from anybody other than answers to my questions which I am very grateful for. i'm sure I will ask more in the future. it doesn't bother me if I don't gain any trust. as I have said it is only you who is following this line of thought.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #3012 on: April 27, 2018, 04:33:41 PM »
The thread is re-opened for the time being.
It is? Oh goody.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #3013 on: April 27, 2018, 04:56:06 PM »

Want to know why?

first of all the name spelling was intentional as I am getting sick and tired of you.
Yes, I know.

second I did indeed go to CQ just didn't log in. don't jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.
And had no comment to make since November 2017. Well that is credible. Not.

third we are not tandem socks.
The evidence available suggests you are. I have posted my credentials as an engineer. I have met with various in real life. And you have what exactly? Surely you can see how this has all the hallmarks of a game?

I have done what is asked.
I don't believe you.

I have no control over what over people who live on the other side of the world do.
Correct. The other 96% of humanity watches the US sink into oblivion of ignorance with despair.

fourth it only looks bleak to you because it is only you who insists on following this idea.
A rather odd claim given that you slavishly follow tim.

fifth the name spelling is nothing to do with a direct instruction from the sole manager of this site. do what he says.
You have already claimed that you spell it wrong purposefully.
finally it isn't my intention to gain anything from anybody other than answers to my questions which I am very grateful for.
Except you have had answers to all of your questions with not so much as any response at all.

i'm sure I will ask more in the future.
Feel free. I very much doubt you will respond.
it doesn't bother me if I don't gain any trust. as I have said it is only you who is following this line of thought.
And you would be wrong in that supposition.  Trust is a critical component.  As matters stand, you have none.

Sure, I get that as an upstanding, moral citizen you might take offence at the notion that you not. But how the hell could anyone on the intertubes know that? Should we consider anything posted by anyone as true? Simply by dint of being on the webernets?

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #3014 on: April 27, 2018, 05:08:36 PM »

Want to know why?

Yes, I know.

And had no comment to make since November 2017. Well that is credible. Not.

third we are not tandem socks.
The evidence available suggests you are. I have posted my credentials as an engineer. I have met with various in real life. And you have what exactly? Surely you can see how this has all the hallmarks of a game?

I have done what is asked.
I don't believe you.

I have no control over what over people who live on the other side of the world do.
Correct. The other 96% of humanity watches the US sink into oblivion of ignorance with despair.

A rather odd claim given that you slavishly follow tim.

You have already claimed that you spell it wrong purposefully.
finally it isn't my intention to gain anything from anybody other than answers to my questions which I am very grateful for.
Except you have had answers to all of your questions with not so much as any response at all.

i'm sure I will ask more in the future.
Feel free. I very much doubt you will respond.
it doesn't bother me if I don't gain any trust. as I have said it is only you who is following this line of thought.
And you would be wrong in that supposition.  Trust is a critical component.  As matters stand, you have none.

Sure, I get that as an upstanding, moral citizen you might take offence at the notion that you not. But how the hell could anyone on the intertubes know that? Should we consider anything posted by anyone as true? Simply by dint of being on the webernets?

let me just say this again but this will be my very last post to you abaddon as now you are talking nonsense.

I have explained why I haven't been online at CQ. I don't need to say it again.

the evidence doesn't say we are. only in your mind. as evidence I ask you read some of the comments about this by other members who have refused to follow your line of thinking.

when I say I have done what is asked I mean I have followed all rules and provided what has been asked. your 'I don't believe you comment is nonsense.

I have never followed Tim. I asked a question here posed by tim, introduced him as a member and followed the thread with great interest.

I think you will find I have posted quite a few times in this thread. I have had no reason to post more as the people who have answered Tim have far more knowledge than me.

when I say it doesn't bother me I mean its only you doing this. if people here don't show me respect i'm not perturbed. my scientific knowledge pales in comparison  so I deserve no respect for that. I haven't asked for any either. I have simply asked a question.

this is the last time I will respond to you Abaddon as in my opinion you have insulted me. whatever you post now or in the future, on this thread or any other (including any other questions I may or not ask) I wont respond to you.

Lunar Orbit I believe I have followed the rules here, in my opinion Abaddon hasn't. I wont respond to any more posts of his while he insults me like this.