Author Topic: Moon pics static shadows and moving stars.  (Read 92922 times)

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
Re: Moon pics static shadows and moving stars.
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2017, 09:39:48 PM »
erm....... No; not really.

I just want proof that those spots aren't stars....................

but you know what I've just found?  A link to Flickr where Nasa have a bunch of Hi Res Un-processed images..................SHOWING STARS!!!!!!!!

OR, dust, gamma, xrays, radiation, charged particles, advanced Star trek photon torpedo's  you name it.

What are in these images then?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/21672034272/in/album-72157658638144538/

Yeah. There are even stars in lunar shadows, the shadow of the Lunar Module and the LM's window frame. Stars everywhere.

Indeed there are.  Loads of em :D  Pretty much wraps this up then doesn't it!

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2017, 09:45:08 PM »

but you know what I've just found?  A link to Flickr where Nasa have a bunch of Hi Res Un-processed images..................SHOWING STARS!!!!!!!!

OR, dust, gamma, xrays, radiation, charged particles, advanced Star trek photon torpedo's  you name it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/21672034272/in/album-72157658638144538/

Yeah. There are even stars in lunar shadows, the shadow of the Lunar Module and the LM's window frame. Stars everywhere.

If there are "stars" EVERYWHERE in the photos, what makes the ones in the sky special?  Logic would seem to indicate that they aren't stars, either.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2017, 09:45:46 PM »

My god, it's full of stars!

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2017, 09:45:59 PM »
Not that Icarus1 will see this, but in:
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-40-5950HR.jpg

Why would you assume i wont see this?  I count over 16 dots of interest in the first image using my eye alone.

There are several artifacts that I observe without tinkering with any setting on both sides of the LM.  Knowing that they are not stars, I suspect either compression artifacts or comic rays working into the emulsion.

There are only one in:
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-40-5949HR.jpg
right of Buzz's antenna

There are certainly more than one in this image!
Did you read "without tinkering"?  You may be able to see more, but I can only identify one, and that was what was described.

I did read that.  did you read me typing 'with my naked eye?' or something to that effect.  The 2nd image, I can see only 3 spots.  the first one I have counted about 16;  with my naked eye.  I have a 40" 4K monitor with the luminosity lowered for proofing.  They're pretty obvious to me.

However as I have just posted there is a range of un-edited photo's on Flickr.  Seems 'they're full of stars' (not a direct quote if you understand the reference??)

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2017, 09:48:13 PM »

If there are "stars" EVERYWHERE in the photos, what makes the ones in the sky special?  Logic would seem to indicate that they aren't stars, either.

erm...Yeah, I thought that's what i said??? nothing Special at all.  Dust everywhere.  Point taken and quite possibly proven to be....DUST????

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2017, 09:49:34 PM »

My god, it's full of stars!

Booooooom.  Stole my quote...kind off :P

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2017, 09:53:27 PM »

erm...Yeah, I thought that's what i said??? nothing Special at all.  Dust everywhere.  Point taken and quite possibly proven to be....DUST????

Just checking. Are you now satisfied that the "stars" in your OP aren't?
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »

I did read that.  did you read me typing 'with my naked eye?' or something to that effect.  The 2nd image, I can see only 3 spots.  the first one I have counted about 16;  with my naked eye.  I have a 40" 4K monitor with the luminosity lowered for proofing.  They're pretty obvious to me.

However as I have just posted there is a range of un-edited photo's on Flickr.  Seems 'they're full of stars' (not a direct quote if you understand the reference??)
Quite honestly, no I didn't see with my naked eye, but that does not indicate you are looking at the original image and not your tweaking one either, does it?
The images are not stars, whether you want to believe this or not is up to you.
nomuse said it best the physics are against imaging stars with the Hasselblad.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2017, 09:56:57 PM »
It's 3am in the morning here in the UK.  I've been at this thread for over ten hours now, if not more.  I've learned something today.....

Sometimes..................................................................................it's just dust!

...Not something I expected from NASA!!  THE most important images of all time; not to mention the reels of film LOST/ERASED!!!

Come ooooonnn people.

I sincerely thank those of you that have added to this discussion on my behalf.  I am warmed by your generosity of time and patience.  To the rest of you inbreds that only offered scorn and ridicule....I love you too.   We gotta take care of the angry one's....!

Peace and lurrrve and see you in the next Mars pics.  Should be fun! x

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2017, 09:58:48 PM »

Just checking. Are you now satisfied that the "stars" in your OP aren't?

I'm definitely more inclined to belive it's DUST!, however, I will endeavor to research the colour anomalies and trails of said Dust!  There must always be room for doubt!

Thanks.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2017, 10:00:17 PM »
It's 3am in the morning here in the UK.  I've been at this thread for over ten hours now, if not more.  I've learned something today.....

Sometimes..................................................................................it's just dust!

...Not something I expected from NASA!!  THE most important images of all time; not to mention the reels of film LOST/ERASED!!!

Come ooooonnn people.

I sincerely thank those of you that have added to this discussion on my behalf.  I am warmed by your generosity of time and patience.  To the rest of you inbreds that only offered scorn and ridicule....I love you too.   We gotta take care of the angry one's....!

There is no lost Apollo film.

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »

Quite honestly, no I didn't see with my naked eye, but that does not indicate you are looking at the original image and not your tweaking one either, does it?

Erm... No, but my word as a professional does indicate that I can indeed see 16 points of interest without editing.....by all means put it up for a vote then come back to me with an apology for accusing me of having poor character, fearing loss of face and lying to cover my mistakes or something....that is NOT what is happening here.  I see 16 points.  and 3 in the other.  You claim to see several and one.  I think you need you eyes checked buddy.  Thanks for the input thus far though.  Appreciate it.
The images are not stars, whether you want to believe this or not is up to you.
nomuse said it best the physics are against imaging stars with the Hasselblad.

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2017, 10:06:42 PM »

Come ooooonnn people.

I see.  Is this post from Wiki not true then?? 

The Apollo 11 missing tapes were those that were recorded from Apollo 11's slow-scan television (SSTV) telecast in its raw format on telemetry data tape during the time of the first Moon landing in 1969 and subsequently lost. A team of retired NASA employees and contractors tried to locate the tapes in the early 2000s but was unable to do so. The data tapes were recorded as a backup in case the live television broadcasts failed for any reason. In order to broadcast the SSTV transmission on standard television, NASA ground receiving stations performed real-time scan conversion to the NTSC television format. The moonwalk's converted video signal was broadcast live around the world on July 21, 1969 (2:56 UTC). At the time, the NTSC broadcast was recorded on many videotapes and kinescope films. Many of these low-quality recordings remain intact.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2017, 10:12:48 PM »

The Apollo 11 missing tapes were those that were recorded from Apollo 11's slow-scan television (SSTV) telecast in its raw format on telemetry data tape during the time of the first Moon landing in 1969 and subsequently lost. A team of retired NASA employees and contractors tried to locate the tapes in the early 2000s but was unable to do so. The data tapes were recorded as a backup in case the live television broadcasts failed for any reason. In order to broadcast the SSTV transmission on standard television, NASA ground receiving stations performed real-time scan conversion to the NTSC television format. The moonwalk's converted video signal was broadcast live around the world on July 21, 1969 (2:56 UTC). At the time, the NTSC broadcast was recorded on many videotapes and kinescope films. Many of these low-quality recordings remain intact.
My bolding.
Do you not read what you post?  SSTV BACKUP tapes were overwritten, the original tapes are still intact and safe.
But TV tapes are NOT film images, and that is what AtomicDog is referring.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2017, 10:13:20 PM »

Come ooooonnn people.

Which does not contradict what I said in the least. Every frame of Apollo film recorded on the moon made it safely to the earth and is archived.

In addition, as the Wikipedia article states, all of the Apollo VIDEO was broadcast around the world and dutifully recorded onto kinescope. Nothing was lost.