Author Topic: Moon pics static shadows and moving stars.  (Read 92919 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Moon pics static shadows and moving stars.
« Reply #435 on: January 20, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »
Gaslighting, in brief, is behavior that is intended to manipulate others into questioning their own perceptions....

...from the 1940 Film Noir "Gaslight" starring Anton Walbrook and Diana Wynyard.

But the better film was the 1944 version.  Angela Lansbury's first feature film role, and her first Oscar nomination.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #436 on: January 20, 2017, 06:34:00 PM »
Gaslighting, in brief, is behavior that is intended to manipulate others into questioning their own perceptions....

...from the 1940 Film Noir "Gaslight" starring Anton Walbrook and Diana Wynyard.

But the better film was the 1944 version.  Angela Lansbury's first feature film role, and her first Oscar nomination.

With Boyer, Bergman  and Cotton, it couldn't miss really.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #437 on: January 20, 2017, 06:55:17 PM »
Icarus1, I thought that you came here to learn about Apollo.
The Argument Clinic is down the hall.

Haha you fool.

Next?
Said the person who was so offended that people "attacked his character" by explaining in detail why his proposals weren't scientifically accurate.

I am a fool; and an ignorant one at that!  A fool in the pursuit of knowledge.  I have it now. 

Thank you.

Good Lord.

Don't take everything so damned personally - it's just a forum on the Internet, not real life.  These people don't know you, you don't know them.  In the grand scheme of life, anything that happens here is meaningless and not worth getting exercised about.

The nature of these boards is such that people can be blunt, especially when they've seen the same flavor of argument literally hundreds of times before (I've been following talk.origins since the early 1990s, ask me how many times I've heard/read "if humans evolved from apes, why are there still apes" being presented as though it were a novel argument). 

How many times have I seen someone get hammered for posting something that's easily debunked, get their feelings hurt, and respond by changing the subject while doubling down on the victimization complex? 

So yeah, you're getting abused a bit.  Been there. 

Best way out of it is to first drop the victimization complex.  You're not going to get special treatment just because you don't know everything yet.  Hell, I don't know everything either - I'm just a code monkey with delusions of adequacy.  But I at least try to take some time to get a feel for the place before diving in. 

Secondly, you literally have a world's worth of knowledge at your fingertips.  Familiarize yourself with some basic physics (Newtonian mechanics, some thermodynamics, etc.).  You're a photographer, you should already have some basic knowledge of optics, light, exposure, etc.  We're not going to spend an entire thread teaching you everything from conservation of momentum to Special and General Relativity. 

Take some time to do some basic research.  If you have questions, by all means ask them, but don't expect to be coddled.  Before asking, you might want to do a search to see if a similar question hasn't already been asked.

Thank you for noticing but relax.  I'm taking this all in good humor actually.  I'm not taking it personally in the slightest; how could I?  As you have stated I'm a stranger here and this is merely a forum of text interpreted as person.

I am in good folly.  No harm done nor am I suffering in the slightest.  This can and will I foresee, carry on for some time yet.  It has become fascinating.

Regards.

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #438 on: January 20, 2017, 07:01:47 PM »
I've no Idea what Gaslighting means.  Please don't speak in Troll.

So instead of looking it up and wondering whether the explanation might legitimately apply to you, you just decided to call me names instead.  Funny, since "gaslighting" is a common pscyhological term and you questioned my understanding of psychology.  I guess we found another subject you don't know as much about as you insinuate.

Gaslighting, in brief, is behavior that is intended to manipulate others into questioning their own perceptions.  You're trying to manipulate people into accept your self-characterization as the innocent flower-child victim of an ill-behaved rabble of skeptics, rather than let them draw their own conclusions about the propriety of your approach here and its likely goals.

I need you to take a step back and un-do all you think you know about me!

No, i really don't think I do.  As I told you before, everyone thinks they're the first one to try this approach and that their critics won't see it for what it is.

Someone calling you names Jay.  Ahhh Bless.  I've been called all kinds of names on here.  Pucker up Butter Cup.  It's only words.  You'll survive.

Try not be so whiny!

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #439 on: January 20, 2017, 07:12:44 PM »
How is there three pages of posts all showing on Tapatalk as "just now"? How can you all type that fast? And it's not even about a juicy hoaxgument.

I think it is time to wheel out the XKCD.
https://xkcd.com/386/

Hi, Glom.  I sincerely hope what you're referring to as a Hoaxgument and there being No Sign Of it is evidence enough of the shameless attempts to ridicule me, dare I say, Further?

Please let me find a kind hospitable soul in here that is not out to torture my fragile mind.  These Forumulin tyrants have a Death Wish on me!

I can't take it anymore.  I made a defamatory comment in suspect of the official Apollo Pics.  I've conceded I made a mistake in my wording and question.. I'm reliving the drama every day.  I can't work, sleep or pleasure my wife.  I'm so bereft.  I've been a fool for even questioning the greatest human endeavor of all time.  I'm not sure how I will recover.

Ooooh is that wine?

I'm fine now. Thanks   :-* :-X ::) :P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:15:00 PM by Icarus1 »

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »
We've nothing more to discuss.

Clearly not, if you insist on carrying on this discussion in such a childish manner.  Since practically everyone here is put off by your behavior, perhaps you should reconsider the proposition that it's everyone's fault but yours.

You may have knowledge of the Stars etc. but you're lacking at this level of Psychology.

So now you're an expert in what I know about the psychology and behavior patterns of fringe claimants?  Do tell; how did you acquire this knowledge?

I'm NOT going to have a Breakdown.

Screaming in all caps would certainly indicate otherwise.

The knowledge I sought I acquired days and posts ago!!!!!  Those that offered the more concise non-personal responses have been sincerely Thanked and they have not added again to this debacle.

This is MY POST and you all keep coming here for amusement.

Technically, it isn't your thread at all. Nor are any of your posts, once made, yours either. Once you post them, they become the property of the forum.

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #441 on: January 20, 2017, 07:20:40 PM »

Clearly not, if you insist on carrying on this discussion in such a childish manner.  Since practically everyone here is put off by your behavior, perhaps you should reconsider the proposition that it's everyone's fault but yours.

You may have knowledge of the Stars etc. but you're lacking at this level of Psychology.

So now you're an expert in what I know about the psychology and behavior patterns of fringe claimants?  Do tell; how did you acquire this knowledge?

The knowledge I sought I acquired days and posts ago!!!!!  Those that offered the more concise non-personal responses have been sincerely Thanked and they have not added again to this debacle.

Technically, it isn't your thread at all. Nor are any of your posts, once made, yours either. Once you post them, they become the property of the forum.

Makes sense.  Post away.   ;D

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #442 on: January 20, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »

I never need your permission to do so, nor does anyone else. Instructing posters to cease posting or "go away", as you have done, is as about as useful as a chocolate crash helmet.

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #443 on: January 20, 2017, 07:30:06 PM »

I never need your permission to do so, nor does anyone else. Instructing posters to cease posting or "go away", as you have done, is as about as useful as a chocolate crash helmet.

Er...Yeah totally agree.  Stop Cherry picking your info Bud!  Try reading the post where I was instructed to Move on!  Get a Hobby dude.  Seriously.  What are you here for?

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2017, 07:48:57 PM »
Actually, this is Getting Hit On The Head Lessons.

Now just hold your head like this and go "Waaaaah!"

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #445 on: January 20, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »
Out of curiosity, Icarus1, why o you capitalise some words that do not require capitalisation? For example:

"Get a Hobby dude."

"Stop Cherry picking your info..."

"...there being No Sign Of it is evidence enough of the shameless attempts to ridicule me, dare I say, Further?"

It's a minor dig at you but I am genuinely curious as to why you do it; perhaps english is not your first language?

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #446 on: January 20, 2017, 07:52:56 PM »
Actually, this is Getting Hit On The Head Lessons.

Now just hold your head like this and go "Waaaaah!"

Ahhh you've turned on me as well.  And for what reason can I ask?

Offline Icarus1

• Earth
« Reply #447 on: January 20, 2017, 07:54:27 PM »
Out of curiosity, Icarus1, why o you capitalise some words that do not require capitalisation? For example:

"Get a Hobby dude."

"Stop Cherry picking your info..."

"...there being No Sign Of it is evidence enough of the shameless attempts to ridicule me, dare I say, Further?"

It's a minor dig at you but I am genuinely curious as to why you do it; perhaps english is not your first language?

Coz i iZ N unedicated feller Bro.  Dint yo read the thred?

coz

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #448 on: January 20, 2017, 08:02:29 PM »

Er...Yeah totally agree. 
I don't believe you.
Stop Cherry picking your info Bud! 
I'm not cherry picking. I quote your posts in full whenever I respond to them. Perhaps you should consider adding the term to the growing list of things you do not understand.

Try reading the post where I was instructed to Move on!
Which one of them?
Get a Hobby dude.  Seriously.
By any definition, my participation here meets the criteria of a hobby.
What are you here for?
What business is that of yours? What does it matter? The fact is that I am here and have been for years. However, I am an engineer and have an interest naturally in projects at the limits of engineering. Thus I am interested in space and space exploration.

Now you know that, does it somehow make you feel better?

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #449 on: January 20, 2017, 08:03:54 PM »
I've no Idea what Gaslighting means.  Please don't speak in Troll. 
The term has become quite widely used in the English-speaking world over the past year or so to describe Donald Trump's behavior, so I'm a little surprised that you don't know it. It usually refers to repeated flat denials of ever having said or done certain things despite the existence of solid, indisputable evidence that they were said or done, e.g., videotapes and Twitter logs.

Because normal people simply can't conceive of repeatedly uttering such flat-out and easily disproved lies in public without any hint of shame or self-awareness, continual exposure to the practice eventually makes people question their own grasp on reality. It's a form of psychological warfare that can be highly effective if the victim isn't aware of it, or able to accept that truly pathological liars really do exist. But on this forum we are quite acquainted with it, and we're rather tired of it.

So just stop arguing about what you said or didn't say or how you've supposedly been mistreated here. Just ask your technical questions and we'll still do our best to answer them. There's no such thing as a "stupid" question as long as the person asking it honestly wants to know the answer. But we're very familiar with the misuse of questions as rhetorical weapons, and we don't like it very much.