Author Topic: Questions needing answers  (Read 140789 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Questions needing answers
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2016, 09:44:34 AM »
If I am wrong on the tunnel dimension...

Asked and answered.  Your error is not the dimensions of the tunnel, but in your mistaken belief that the astronauts were expected to go through it wearing their space suits.  Your other claims reveal that you seem to think the crew wore their space suits and PLSSes the entire time.  You are being asked to substantiate that belief, because that's not part of the mission.  The flight plans are easily available, so you should be able to document whether NASA claims the space suits were worn constantly.  Instead you seem to be making stuff up and trying to pin it on NASA.

Pay attention to the dimensions and then imagine the 3 parachutes with a lot of cord and all the other equipment...

Asked and answered.  Most of the equipment, including the parachutes, was not stored in the habitable volume.

You might be interested in the work of Scott Sullivan.  Unlike you, Mr Sullivan is an actual engineer with proper training and demonstrable experience.  Using only the documents provided by NASA, Sullivan was able to recreate the designs in 3D modeling software used by relevant engineers today.  He is a civilian, with no ties to NASA.  If someone like that is able to "make it all fit" using only what's publicly available, then what stock should be put in your vague handwaving claims?

Also the parachutes were stored in the top of the CM so how was it stored so that the astro-nots still had room to make it thru the access tunnel?

The same way the aerospace industry has been packing 'chutes for automatic deployment since the 1940s.  They're actually very tightly compressed by a hydraulic press, then deployed by an explosive charge that unfurls them.  When packed, they take up only a small amount of space due to the extreme compression.  While many laymen aren't aware this is done, it's not as if it's a miraculous process.  It's no different than trying to compress your vacation souvenirs into your luggage for the trip home.  Engineers do the same, just with hydraulics.

You keep implying that all the things NASA has done are mysteries.  In fact they're well-known techniques in the industry.  You're simply unaware of them, and you want to parlay that ignorance into an argument for your own superiority and erudition.  What's worse, even though these are, in some cases, specialized techniques in an industry known for innovation, in Apollo's case they are eminently discoverable because of the length and depth to which the program was documented.  It is not an exaggeration to say that it was the most meticulously and thoroughly documented civil engineering project in history.  Even the lay members of the forum here are easily able to locate the proper references and, in most cases, understand them enough to answer hoax claimant's questions.

You need to ask yourself why, in the midst of easily discovered information, you think you can continue banking on ignorance.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2016, 03:16:05 PM »
Please review this image....

So for 6 days the 3 astro-nots spent cramped in the Command Module ...

So basically for 3 days, 3 astro-nots were most likely strapped to their chair ...

Also step 4 on the phases of the trip it states that the CSM turns and docks with the Lunar Module.  That's a neat parlor trick while moving at a fast clip around the moon. 

Please review this video, introduced by a UK TV presenter, which shows how the middle couch swings out of the the way.   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009xq93

Since you're obsessed with toilet functions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009xny8

When the Lunar Module was docked to the Command Module, they could move between them as well

"most likely" - You mean you're just speculating, and haven't researched what actually happened?

Step 4 was accomplished before they reached the moon, but - specifically, what do you see as the difficulty? There's no weather, atmosphere, turbulence, gravity to contend with, so it should be real easy, shouldn't it?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2016, 03:24:22 PM »
1.  Strawman.  I've said before that it is my opinion that NASA has NAZI origins as the U.S. brought 1500 German scientists and engineers and Werhner Von Braun conceptualized the idea of space travel in the early 50's

Wernher von Braun did not conceptualise space travel in the 1950s. Look up Hermann  Oberth and Konstantin Tsiolkovsky for starters. When your opinions are based on this much ignorance they don't have much weight.

2. If I am wrong on the tunnel dimension please show me the true dimensions of the tunnel entrance to the command module.  My shoulders are 24 inches from end to end and with a "space" suit on it would be much larger so hopefully your dimensions will be at least 42" or bigger.

The astronauts never traversed the tunnel in space suits, and if your shoulders are 24" across I would venture to say you are probably larger than the maximum restriction for being an astronaut. Your dimensions are irrelevant.

3. Here is a picture of the Command module. Pay attention to the dimensions and then imagine the 3 parachutes with a lot of cord and all the other equipment plus 3 men fitting in this small space for 6 days of travel.

One of the main features of patrachutes is that they are huge when unfurled but fold and compress into remarkably small volumes. This is not uncommon. Ever seen the difference in size between a packed and inflated aircraft escape slide?

Can you imagine being strapped to the chair with 2 guys with no room to stand up?

The astronauts were not strapped to the chair, and it is not hard to find out that the centre couch folded away in flight to allow access to the lower equipment bay. In zero gravity, plenty of room has a different meaning to your everyday conception of it. In zero gravity there is no dead volume that you cannot occupy for starters. Imagine how much more room you'd feel you had in your car if you could float freely inside all the volume of it.

Also the parachutes were stored in the top of the CM so how was it stored so that the astro-nots still had room to make it thru the access tunnel?

Really? You can't conceive of things being packed around the outside of the tunnel?

I have one question for you. Have you ever actually seen an Apollo command module? Not a diagram but the actual thing? I have, and I have no trouble believing three men could occupy that space, as cramped as it might be.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 04:01:07 PM by Jason Thompson »
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2016, 03:29:21 PM »
Well you are wrong on two accounts which isn't surprising given that you have worked with NASA, the peddler of many lies.

You claim to be a degreed mechanical engineer, with a degree date that would make you close to 50 years old.  Yet you have no grasp whatsoever of elementary Newtonian dynamics, let alone fluid dynamics, your research skills are nonexistent, and your writing style is that of a bored adolescent. 

No, you're no engineer, and repeating this transparent lie does not make it any more convincing.  You should have paid a little more attention to the composition of the regular membership here; you're far from the first poseur who thought he could bluff about his qualifications here.

You really have no clue about the relationship of NASA to the rest of the aerospace world.  It's typical of the clueless conspiracy crackpot to assume that the U.S. civil space agency can somehow hide the true nature of the world, when the Greeks figured out the size of the spherical Earth more than twenty centuries ago with little more than their feet and some sticks. 

Moreover. I've also worked on defense projects, and purely commercial projects that had nothing at all to do with NASA.  The same principles apply to all, and many tens of billions of dollars of commerce annually rely on the observed nature of the Earth.  But you're oblivious to all of that; you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

We could have a separate discussion of why the Vatican 2 church is not Catholic but an anti-church and how that fulfills prophecy that Jesus predicted, that the eternal sacrifice will cease (ie. there will be no mass) in the end times. 

No, we couldn't.  In the first place, I'm not interested in your theological beliefs.   In the second place, the idea that the Church endorsed the idea of a flat Earth prior to Vatican 2 is hilariously, spectacularly, wrong.  Never mind the science and technology you don't understand; you can't even get the most basic facts right.

But really, though, I think you're just a troll, so I don't really see any point in continuing to try to educate you. 

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2016, 03:38:48 PM »
Step 4 was accomplished before they reached the moon, but - specifically, what do you see as the difficulty? There's no weather, atmosphere, turbulence, gravity to contend with, so it should be real easy, shouldn't it?
Why does he see the difficulty?  Nothing more than argument from incredulity.  He doesn't understand it so he assumes nobody else does either.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2016, 05:21:57 PM »
My contention is that those that believe in a globe earth universe, which includes moon landings, are operating on a basis of faith and therefore are adhering to a NASA based religion.

The Romans had figured out that the Earth was round, and used latitude and longitude in their navigation, many years before NASA was even a twinkling in someone's eye. So it can't be 'NASA-based'

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2016, 06:09:43 PM »
1.  Strawman.  I've said before that it is my opinion that NASA has NAZI origins as the U.S. brought 1500 German scientists and engineers and Werhner Von Braun conceptualized the idea of space travel in the early 50's and within a few short years NASA was born.  I'm just connecting the dots.

I don't care about your opinion. You said this "NASA: founded by NAZI's and continuing the NAZI tradition of lies and deception". Note you did not say "Its my opinion that..." or "I think that...", you said it as a statement of fact. You are flat-out wrong.
In addition, I find your comments puerile and in extremely bad taste. The Nazis were responsible for horrendous crimes against mankind, genocide, torture and a World War that cost the lives of 60 million people. You are associating NASA- a civilian body with many thousands of decent people, with monsters. To me, this shows the perversity of your thinking and your juvenile nature. It shows that you are incapable of adult conversation and I find your desperate attempt to link decent hard-working people to monsters. I am adding my name to the list of people calling for you to act like an adult and to stop using this offensive term. Continue to use it and I will call for your posts to be moderated until you can frame your ideas civilly.

2. If I am wrong on the tunnel dimension please show me the true dimensions of the tunnel entrance to the command module.  My shoulders are 24 inches from end to end and with a "space" suit on it would be much larger so hopefully your dimensions will be at least 42" or bigger. 

No "If" about it- you are flat out wrong. Go and do your own research on the dimensions- I'm not sure why you think that it's suddenly my job to educate you. You made the claim- back it up.
Secondly, you have been asked to show where in the mission profile that the astronauts went through the tunnel wearing spacesuits and PLSS backpacks. Where is this information? Again, your claim-you show the evidence.

3. Here is a picture of the Command module. Pay attention to the dimensions and then imagine the 3 parachutes with a lot of cord and all the other equipment plus 3 men fitting in this small space for 6 days of travel.
Again, flat out incorrect. You have been told on a number of occasions that they parachutes were not stored in the habitable space within the CM. What's so hard to understand about this?
Secondly, as others have said the 'chutes were stored, compressed, in mortar tubes. Hydraulic rams were used to compress the 'chutes when they were packed in the plant at Downey, to the point where they had the density of hardwood (the final packing density was 678Kg/m3). I wonder if you also think that skydivers are fake too...after all, they pack two large chutes into a briefcase-sized pack weighing a few pounds.

No doubt you will claim that this video is fake or some such BS (I bet that this is the first time that you will have seen this...). You can see the packers using hydraulic rams to stow the 'chutes.

Go and work out where the packed 'chutes were located. Your claim- you show your evidence.

Now look at the picture.  Can you imagine being strapped to the chair with 2 guys with no room to stand up?  Also the parachutes were stored in the top of the CM so how was it stored so that the astro-nots still had room to make it thru the access tunnel?  I think NASA's Hollywood department should have done a better job. 

This is where people like you go wrong, time after time. You use phrases like "can you imagine". You really don't get it that the limitations of your imagination has nothing to do with what actually happened. Again, go and do your own research.Then you won't have to rely on your infantile imagination.
In summary, you are making yourself appear as a pretty distasteful individual that is too lazy to bother to do a modicum of research. Even when people have explained things to you a number of times you still keep trotting out the same old rubbish, mixed in with some offensive name-calling. You claim to be 50- then please act like a grown man, not a whining little attention-seeking brat.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:53:33 PM by Zakalwe »
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2016, 06:43:23 PM »
Can you imagine being strapped to the chair with 2 guys with no room to stand up? 

Stand up? Bwahahaha!

Weightlessness. How does it work?

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2016, 07:44:07 PM »
Well, even if they couldn't -- even if his worst description was true -- that doesn't make the missions impossible. Mercury and Gemini capsules were worse, the Soviets worse yet on some of their missions, and poor Ham had to spent his entire flight strapped down. Then think of not just deep ocean explorers packed into tiny bathyscaphes (or their military counterparts, the nadir being somewhere between Civil War era submersibles and the Kaiten employed by the Imperial Japanese Navy), but construction and salvage divers who work long shifts in incredibly cramped and claustrophobic conditions.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2016, 07:47:37 PM »
No one ever said space travel was conducted in a lap of luxury.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2016, 09:18:46 PM »
Sorry, everyone, for being so late to this thread. I've been very busy.

Now that you mention it the main reason I know NASA is a fraud and has bilked billions from taxpayers to fund their fantasy expeditions is the observable and tested facts that the earth is flat.  But I digress ;)

This tells me that you're either a troll or incredibly stupid. I can tolerate a certain amount of stupidity as long as you show a willingness to learn, but I have far less tolerance for trolls than I used to.

I haven't finished reading this thread yet, so I hope for your sake that you haven't made more trollish claims.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2016, 09:21:30 PM »
tradosaurus, a thread has been created for you, please use it for  FE ranting's.  Use this thread for discussing your Apollo mis-understands.
Your original questions have been answered many times and yet you continue to ignore them and/or refuse to answer questions.  Hand waving and misdirecting is a normal behavior for conspirators start answering the questions.
I have been given answers, but that's about it.  And the only misdirection is on your part by demanding answers to nasa's nazi origin.
NASA:  Faking space for over 50 years.

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2016, 09:25:03 PM »
Could 1960's technology operated in this environment?

Such a feast of trollish ignorance!  One crumb that has not been picked over is the above statement.

Of course it could.  So could 1950s technology, Several spacecraft orbited the Earth and some flew to the Moon more than a decade before Apollo.

In the 1960s Earth orbiting satellites were also built by France, UK, Italy, Australia, and West Germany.  US and Soviet spacecraft orbited and landed on the Moon and flew to Mars and Venus. China and Japan launched satellites in the 70s, a period which saw spacecraft land on Mars and Venus and reach Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury.  West Germany built a satellite that orbited the Sun closer than Mercury in the 70s.

There is nothing remarkable about 60s technology putting people on the Moon (or building supersonic airliners).

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #238 on: February 02, 2016, 09:32:09 PM »

This was pointed out to you a few times, but you display a lazy behavior to investigate your claims.  Here is a link that will show you the docking tunnel hatch was 30"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Command/Service_Module

Also it has been pointed out to you the parachutes were packed around the docking tunnel, NOT in the living space.
If  you viewed any of the videos you should notice that without gravity the spacecraft was much roomier, although not as large as a bedroom.  How do you think two men rode Gemini 7 for 14 days with much less room to move around.  Now that was a cramped condition, much more than Apollo.

The astronauts were not strapped in their seats for the duration of the mission.  Get over it Apollo landed 12 men on the Moon.

Sorry, not taking nasa word for it.  30" hmmmm?  I wonder how they fit through this size of hole with a space suit?  Try this; draw a 30" line on your driveway (in chalk) and just imagine trying to fit through this diameter. 
But given that this was all faked in a studio somewhere I guess it doesn't really matter now does it?  And anyone looking at the pictures of the 3 men strapped to their seat can see there is hardly any room to move around.

Fortunately nasa didn't fake it for 6 men like the photo below or it would have been really hard to believe.

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #239 on: February 02, 2016, 09:33:36 PM »
So tradasaurus, care to go start a topic in "Other Conspiracies" covering:
A) Why in the world everyone who knew the Earth was flat would want to keep it secret...

A) Simple:  control over you and your money...

This must be something like the Underpants Gnomes out of South Park for whom Step 1 was to steal all the underpants and Step 3 was profit, with Step 2 remaining undefined.

In Tradasaurus's case it appears to go: Step 1: Convince people the world is round; Step 2: ?; Step 3: Take control of you and your money.

However, Tradasaurus, if you can fill in the details of Step 2 I'm all ears (or eyes in this case).
I don't know but maybe Step 2 is to sell lots of globes and maps?  :D

??

And why wouldn't maps sell if everyone accepted we lived on a Flat Earth?

Or, to put it another way, NASA is getting control over people by selling them...maps and globes?

Seriously, what's the point of this conspiracy again?

If you have to ask you would never get it.  But if you can brainwash people to accept a reality that doesn't exist then how hard would it be to brainwash them to accept 9/11, sandy hoax and other fabricated events?