Author Topic: First Man  (Read 5868 times)

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
First Man
« on: September 27, 2015, 02:21:01 PM »
I have got hold of a first edition of this but without a dust cover. I'm maybe being a bit anal on this but would love it if someone could scan a full dust cover of this to print out to wrap around it. I think it would look so good on my book shelf, to me that is :).

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
Re: First Man
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »
Sorry, but I know I'm getting views, I'm simply asking someone with a copy of this book to scan me a dust cover of it. It's not as though I'm going to try to pass it off as an original or something which would be impossible, it's just for my own enjoyment.

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 07:14:42 PM »
Err.... I've got 36 views on this. Even if you're not interested a response of any kind might be fair don't you think?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 07:19:10 PM by OhPulease »

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 10:06:46 PM »
I'll check when I get back to Omaha tonight.  I forget if I have the paperback or hard cover.

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 10:51:02 PM »
Paperback.  Sorry.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 11:55:21 PM »
Don't have the book. Didn't think it  was worth wasting the bandwidth to mention it.

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 06:33:59 AM »
Don't have the book. Didn't think it  was worth wasting the bandwidth to mention it.

Ditto.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 10:13:33 AM »

Ditto.
Only the paperback.
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »

Ditto.
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline Cat Not Included

• Venus
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 01:25:25 PM »
I'm kind of thinking you perhaps should have gone with a thread title more along the lines of "I'm looking for a scan of the dust jacket cover of 'First Man' ".  ;D
The quote "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" very clearly predates personal computers.

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 02:34:53 PM »
I think I should maybe apologise to the furum. I'd been partying and was a bit smashed but thanks for the replies  :-[

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 08:08:31 PM »
OK, mine was a hard copy.  I have four high-res (1200 dpi) scans for you.  Front cover, back cover and spine, and the two inside flaps.  Send me your email address in a PM and I'll set up a Dropbox folder for you.