Author Topic: The mix-up in "Apollo 16: Nothing so Hidden"  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
The mix-up in "Apollo 16: Nothing so Hidden"
« on: October 01, 2015, 06:35:48 AM »
Thread started to prevent another being derailed.

How about the two videos during A16 where the video was on the same hill, but recorded a day apart and a kilometer away? Just another clerical error.

I said that was an error about ten years ago, but having watched many more documentaries since then, I'm less inclined to believe it.  It's just the way documentary producers seem to work -- they use film or video from one event to illustrate another, but without saying so.

It happens on our TV news in New Zealand. They will be talking about some event or person and using old footage from their libraries to illustrate it. Once upon a time long, long ago, in a more honest universe far, far away, :) they used to label it "archival footage' or something like that, but now they don't. It can be very deceptive.

In this case the actual video in the Nasa documentary "Apollo 16: Nothing so Hidden" (HQ 222, produced by A-V Corporation, Houston), was  filmed not a day apart, but minutes apart at the same location, and used in the documentary to portray different events on different days at different locations.

I'll go through the documentary and find exactly where the relevant incidents occur.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:00:51 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: The mix-up in "Apollo 16: Nothing so Hidden"
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:51:49 AM »
Thread started to prevent another being derailed.

How about the two videos during A16 where the video was on the same hill, but recorded a day apart and a kilometer away? Just another clerical error.

I said that was an error about ten years ago, but having watched many more documentaries since then, I'm less inclined to believe it.  It's just the way documentary producers seem to work -- they use film or video from one event to illustrate another, but without saying so.

It happens on our TV news in New Zealand. They will be talking about some event or person and using old footage from their libraries to illustrate it. Once upon a time long, long ago, in a more honest universe far, far away, :) they used to label it "archival footage' or something like that, but now they don't. It can be very deceptive.

In this case the actual video in the Nasa documentary "Apollo 16: Nothing so Hidden" (HQ 222, produced by A-V Corporation, Houston), was  filmed not a day apart, but minutes apart at the same location, and used in the documentary to portray different events on different days at different locations.

I'll go through the documentary and find exactly where the relevant incidents occur.
It is obvious they are at the same location, even the HB's picked up on that.  Whether or not is or is not a procedure used by them.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: The mix-up in "Apollo 16: Nothing so Hidden"
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 05:34:36 PM »
Paolo Attavissimo's book gives the same explanation.

On a side note, I only recently found out the full quote from Descartes that is used as the title:

there is nothing so far removed from us as to be beyond our reach, or so hidden that we cannot discover it